Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Virmach, no reply to tickets or chats
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Virmach, no reply to tickets or chats

Hello,

To start this off I hate having to open this type of threads, but I would like to know the general consensus right now regarding the Virmach support.

The issue, in this case, is that I've got a VM that is down due to an issue with their SolusVM installation that causes the VM to get stuck in limbo if you start a rebuild. The issue affects all the templates on the specific node it seems and once you start a reinstallation the VM gets stuck on "No bootable media found".

In order to find a solution to the problem, I did open a ticket almost 6 days ago regarding the issue. The ticket got automatically flagged for their Level2 support, all good this far but...

Now 5-6 days later they are yet to get back to me and I have also attempted to reach them on their chat without any luck. Their chat is supposedly online but I've been attempting to reach them on there for the past 2 days at different times of the day without any response whatsoever.

Is there anyone else here that has a similar experience (no, I am not asking for consumer_justice) as of lately? I find it odd as their customer support has always been very responsive in terms of issues,

Thanked by 2plumberg kkrajk

Comments

• SCAM_DONT_BUYSCAM_DONT_BUY Member
    edited June 2020

@consumer_justice

Edit: Welcome to LowEndSupport!

Please have a seat, the line is a bit longer than usual. We're still stuck at recovering $1.25.

• kendidkendid Veteran
    edited June 2020

Also waiting for a ticket response. It's been four days, but I don't expect an immediate response (and it's not important). That being said, I hope everything is all right! Maybe something is going on that is taking their time and energy to fix, or personal issues. Hoping for the best for them - they are a great part of the LE community!

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • kendid said: Also waiting for a ticket response.

Welcome!

ktstdcfv

• I believe @Virmach said they let go of all their outsourced Support and that was like 80% of them with nothing to replace them.

I believe you should eventually be credited as per their SLA.

Not good, not good.

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • They updated their status page yesterday, so there are some sort of support going on currently.

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited June 2020

• cazrzcazrz Member

12+ hours down here, so we are planning now to move all vps today.

• bulabula Member

I am on the same dilemma, had opened up a ticket on 05/31 has not been resolved. Never had issues with their support through 1/12 have been with them as they were very prompt and responsive. These are not critical sites so am not in a rush but am concerned in the future to maintain service with them. Hopefully things get back to normal.

• g4m3rg4m3r Member

I've opened a (low priority) sales ticked with them some days ago and it took 4 (working) days to get an answer.
    So I think there support is busy as hell.

• Scrapping outsourced support is clearly a good move for them but not to replace them with anyone in house is... not ending well.

• noamannoaman Member

@bula said:
    I am on the same dilemma, had opened up a ticket on 05/31 has not been resolved. Never had issues with their support through 1/12 have been with them as they were very prompt and responsive. These are not critical sites so am not in a rush but am concerned in the future to maintain service with them. Hopefully things get back to normal.

Same here I had to open a couple of tickets last week and now again reply has been very late

They should reply atleast under 48 hours

It really hasnt happened in the past before. There support (for the amount of money we pay) had been great

• coldcold Member
    edited June 2020

I've also rented 2 boxes, but can't access them, solvum says that they are online, but I can't reach them... and they don't even show the operation system on it, I've open 2 tickets, both are on hold(Awaiting L2 Support), cuz they were flagged to the technical support, so someone must read the tickets... don't VirMach bothers to answer here? should I cancel my order ? or does this always happen with this guy?

• kendidkendid Veteran

Making backups, which should be done regularly anyways!

• coldcold Member

@cold said:
    I've also rented 2 boxes, but can't access them, solvum says that they are online, but I can't reach them... and they don't even show the operation system on it, I've open 2 tickets, both are on hold(Awaiting L2 Support), cuz they were flagged to the technical support, so someone must read the tickets... don't VirMach bothers to answer here? should I cancel my order ? or does this always happen with this guy?

after 2 system rebuilts, i managed to access the boxes... now only 1 ticket open, i wonder how long does it take till they answer it

• @cold said:
    after 2 system rebuilts, i managed to access the boxes... now only 1 ticket open, i wonder how long does it take till they answer it

No clue, I’ve been waiting for 8 days without any response from Virmach.

• edited June 2020

@cold said:

I had this issue with virmach previously.. Server status is online, but I unable to access it from outside (ssh, http or ftp). You only able to access it using VNC.

After several checking, I found the problem is network service that did not put the ip address correctly. So I restart networkd service, then the server could accessed again by SSH.

• webdevwebdev Member

If you can access vps via VNC, you can install OS using iPXE, I won't use those templates anyway

• coldcold Member

@Prime404 said:

@cold said:

No clue, I’ve been waiting for 8 days without any response from Virmach.

well mine is with status : Awaiting L2 Support, they changed the status a few minutes later after i open the ticket, so someone is reading the tickets, i guess they are sort on staff or so....

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

We had a member of the team who put in a lot of hours recently leave, and cut down on outsourced support.

We're trying to focus some of our time on automating/coding to cut down on the work and make it faster/cheaper for everyone as we move forward. We've created automatic tickets on IP change requests so it cuts down on a reply or back and forth. We are trying to finish automatic IP changes to some degree this week. We are coding a troubleshooter/self helper that basically encompasses everything and communicates when a customer can reboot, reconfigure, or do basic tasks as we noticed a lot of people were waiting when it was a super simple fix. We're looking into automating migrations and possibly even ISO mounts.

We worked with SolusVM to solve some other problems, such as password resets. Now, you get your password first on the panel. We're going to work on adding the fix to the billing area as well. We've fixed some issues with templates that caused issues. We've located bugs and patched them with the help of SolusVM as well. We've pushed through patches to reduce outages. We've added new templates.

We have not kept people waiting as long for priority tickets. If your service is offline/not functional, suspended, we encourage you to create a priority ticket.

We are deciding what to do with live chat right now. Unfortunately 2/3 of these chats are just people coming on chat to remind us about their ticket or discuss the same issue, pretending they do not have a ticket open. A lot of times people halfway communicate through each, making it generally more difficult to resolve the issue as the information is scattered. Sometimes we may end up going over the same issue multiple times. We improved chats by not allowing people to reply once it is flagged, so it gets completed instead of having to get re-flagged before done or having the "last reply" timer reset. This causes a lot of people to just make 2-3 tickets per issue.

I will admit that the last few days have definitely been bad in terms of response times and we do not plan on continuing it like this; these are just the days we need to push out these updates.

@bula said: I am on the same dilemma, had opened up a ticket on 05/31 has not been resolved. Never had issues with their support through 1/12 have been with them as they were very prompt and responsive. These are not critical sites so am not in a rush but am concerned in the future to maintain service with them. Hopefully things get back to normal.

There were a few tickets that took about a week, we've caught up to most of them and credited people. I know some of these that were more important got caught up here that shouldn't have; these should have been priority support tickets.

@g4m3r said: I've opened a (low priority) sales ticked with them some days ago and it took 4 (working) days to get an answer.

We do have a higher volume than usual. Sales have gone up; we didn't ask for it but of course we will have to deal with it.

@cazrz said: 12+ hours down here, so we are planning now to move all vps today.

A single server had a strange situation, throwing specific CPU errors we haven't seen before. This isn't the issue, but it's that it unfortunately got through all our monitoring systems. People were affected as it was essentially overloading, but networking was online, and it wasn't overloading in a way where our load monitors functioned.

In these extremely rare situations we rely on outage reports, but we've been getting a lot of mis-use of the report outage button, to a high degree. We need to communicate this better to ensure people only use it to report an actual outage or their service being offline. We get many of these for people not setting their initial RDP passwords, breaking their own networking configuration, for minor connection issues, and so on.

@noaman said: Same here I had to open a couple of tickets last week and now again reply has been very late

It really hasnt happened in the past before. There support (for the amount of money we pay) had been great

To be very honest here, I remember handling your requests and they were unfortunately not in any way urgent compared to some other tickets. I don't know what else you created afterward but you were one of the people in this situation that was not helping. You had 3 rDNS requests, a ticket about how you have 3 rDNS requests, a chat you tried creating halfway but didn't complete, we still get these, but I did close this one out, and then messages on LET about your tickets.

I'm not excusing the time it's taking but I can assure you the extra ticket/communication did not speed things up.

@WSCallum said: Scrapping outsourced support is clearly a good move for them but not to replace them with anyone in house is... not ending well.

Most of what outsourced support was doing was not escalating situations, not listening to us, and extending issues. They continuously reset passwords for people instead of escalating the problems to us so we could fix them and ensure people can do it themselves.

The issue here isn't that outsourced support is gone, it's that we had an in-house member leave and we are also trying to push out updates to make it better in the coming weeks.

@cold said: I've also rented 2 boxes, but can't access them, solvum says that they are online, but I can't reach them... and they don't even show the operation system on it, I've open 2 tickets, both are on hold(Awaiting L2 Support), cuz they were flagged to the technical support, so someone must read the tickets... don't VirMach bothers to answer here? should I cancel my order ? or does this always happen with this guy?

It's extremely rare at this point if you ordered a service that it did not set up correctly. We've corrected a lot of this actually; SolusVM had an issue that we patched regarding this as well. Keep in mind some plans require you do install an OS in the first place, which is communicated, and others need to not have re-installs done back to back in short periods.

I'm actually interested in confirming this if you are, so let me know via PM if you want to identify it so I can confirm if this was indeed an issue completely on our end.

@chocolateshirt said: I had this issue with virmach previously.. Server status is online, but I unable to access it from outside (ssh, http or ftp). You only able to access it using VNC.

After several checking, I found the problem is network service that did not put the ip address correctly. So I restart networkd service, then the server could accessed again by SSH.

This is something we hope to communicate in our self-serve system so it's a lot less painless and the correct fix is provided to customers in a minute, and if it doesn't work then they get sorted tickets properly with the correct titles.

• @VirMach when can I expect a reply to my ticket submitted on the 3rd of June?

• defaultdefault Veteran

Thanked by 1imok
  • noamannoaman Member

@VirMach said:
    We had a member of the team who put in a lot of hours recently leave, and cut down on outsourced support.

We're trying to focus some of our time on automating/coding to cut down on the work and make it faster/cheaper for everyone as we move forward. We've created automatic tickets on IP change requests so it cuts down on a reply or back and forth. We are trying to finish automatic IP changes to some degree this week. We are coding a troubleshooter/self helper that basically encompasses everything and communicates when a customer can reboot, reconfigure, or do basic tasks as we noticed a lot of people were waiting when it was a super simple fix. We're looking into automating migrations and possibly even ISO mounts.

We worked with SolusVM to solve some other problems, such as password resets. Now, you get your password first on the panel. We're going to work on adding the fix to the billing area as well. We've fixed some issues with templates that caused issues. We've located bugs and patched them with the help of SolusVM as well. We've pushed through patches to reduce outages. We've added new templates.

We have not kept people waiting as long for priority tickets. If your service is offline/not functional, suspended, we encourage you to create a priority ticket.

We are deciding what to do with live chat right now. Unfortunately 2/3 of these chats are just people coming on chat to remind us about their ticket or discuss the same issue, pretending they do not have a ticket open. A lot of times people halfway communicate through each, making it generally more difficult to resolve the issue as the information is scattered. Sometimes we may end up going over the same issue multiple times. We improved chats by not allowing people to reply once it is flagged, so it gets completed instead of having to get re-flagged before done or having the "last reply" timer reset. This causes a lot of people to just make 2-3 tickets per issue.

I will admit that the last few days have definitely been bad in terms of response times and we do not plan on continuing it like this; these are just the days we need to push out these updates.

@bula said: I am on the same dilemma, had opened up a ticket on 05/31 has not been resolved. Never had issues with their support through 1/12 have been with them as they were very prompt and responsive. These are not critical sites so am not in a rush but am concerned in the future to maintain service with them. Hopefully things get back to normal.

There were a few tickets that took about a week, we've caught up to most of them and credited people. I know some of these that were more important got caught up here that shouldn't have; these should have been priority support tickets.

@g4m3r said: I've opened a (low priority) sales ticked with them some days ago and it took 4 (working) days to get an answer.

We do have a higher volume than usual. Sales have gone up; we didn't ask for it but of course we will have to deal with it.

@cazrz said: 12+ hours down here, so we are planning now to move all vps today.

A single server had a strange situation, throwing specific CPU errors we haven't seen before. This isn't the issue, but it's that it unfortunately got through all our monitoring systems. People were affected as it was essentially overloading, but networking was online, and it wasn't overloading in a way where our load monitors functioned.

In these extremely rare situations we rely on outage reports, but we've been getting a lot of mis-use of the report outage button, to a high degree. We need to communicate this better to ensure people only use it to report an actual outage or their service being offline. We get many of these for people not setting their initial RDP passwords, breaking their own networking configuration, for minor connection issues, and so on.

@noaman said: Same here I had to open a couple of tickets last week and now again reply has been very late

To be very honest here, I remember handling your requests and they were unfortunately not in any way urgent compared to some other tickets. I don't know what else you created afterward but you were one of the people in this situation that was not helping. You had 3 rDNS requests, a ticket about how you have 3 rDNS requests, a chat you tried creating halfway but didn't complete, we still get these, but I did close this one out, and then messages on LET about your tickets.

I'm not excusing the time it's taking but I can assure you the extra ticket/communication did not speed things up.

@WSCallum said: Scrapping outsourced support is clearly a good move for them but not to replace them with anyone in house is... not ending well.

Most of what outsourced support was doing was not escalating situations, not listening to us, and extending issues. They continuously reset passwords for people instead of escalating the problems to us so we could fix them and ensure people can do it themselves.

The issue here isn't that outsourced support is gone, it's that we had an in-house member leave and we are also trying to push out updates to make it better in the coming weeks.

@cold said: I've also rented 2 boxes, but can't access them, solvum says that they are online, but I can't reach them... and they don't even show the operation system on it, I've open 2 tickets, both are on hold(Awaiting L2 Support), cuz they were flagged to the technical support, so someone must read the tickets... don't VirMach bothers to answer here? should I cancel my order ? or does this always happen with this guy?

It's extremely rare at this point if you ordered a service that it did not set up correctly. We've corrected a lot of this actually; SolusVM had an issue that we patched regarding this as well. Keep in mind some plans require you do install an OS in the first place, which is communicated, and others need to not have re-installs done back to back in short periods.

I'm actually interested in confirming this if you are, so let me know via PM if you want to identify it so I can confirm if this was indeed an issue completely on our end.

@chocolateshirt said: I had this issue with virmach previously.. Server status is online, but I unable to access it from outside (ssh, http or ftp). You only able to access it using VNC.

This is something we hope to communicate in our self-serve system so it's a lot less painless and the correct fix is provided to customers in a minute, and if it doesn't work then they get sorted tickets properly with the correct titles.

Yes you are very right in all this I forget to create the real ticket. There was a VM which stopped working.

I will create now

Kindly there is a domain bought on Monday. It's still in pending status and work has stopped due to it

• deankdeank Member, Troll

I really wish that the guy could make his point in less words.

(Almost) Every post he makes, it's a god damn novel.

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

@Prime404 said:
    @VirMach when can I expect a reply to my ticket submitted on the 3rd of June?

Today.

@deank said: I really wish that the guy could make his point in less words.

:)

• FalzoFalzo Member

@deank said:

he's doing a @cociu - just his english is not on the same level ;-)

Thanked by 3plumberg Edmond kkrajk
  • SaahibSaahib Host Rep, Veteran

@Falzo said:

@deank said:

he's doing a @cociu - just his english is not on the same level ;-)

English is not his first language.. I suppose !

• kendidkendid Veteran

@VirMach Thanks! Appreciate the update!

• @VirMach I don't think you're getting the point. Your automated system is not working, it's multiplying tickets instead of reducing them and resulting in longer waiting times.

The automation of tickets with the addition of inexperienced non-tech staff to push them from one level of support to another is messing everything up as clients are no longer getting direct responses from qualified Admin staff. We get responses from inexperienced non-tech staff who try to interpret/solve the ticket requests to push them to a next level, and keep missing points - like I've had to repeat tickets more than four times for one issue with plenty of waiting time in between the tickets and the non-tech staff still not getting the point as they are different staff every time.

At a minimum you should ensure that at the end of your channels of automated communication a qualified Admin is the one who responds DIRECTLY to the client, instead of the ticket getting lost in a loop between the layers of non-tech staff. Also when the qualified Admin responds directly to the client, the client should be able to respond directly back to the qualified Admin instead of having the non-tech staff filtering the communications in between the client and qualified Admin and messing things up causing a new ticket needing to be created.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@deank said: I really wish that the guy could make his point in less words.

His most recent post, excluding quotes, was 921 words. Hardly a novel. Even lowly college students ready ~300 wpm.

Lazy, poorly educated millennials who watch television should stop watching and develop adult reading skills.