Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What's the problem with BILLmanager and VMmanager? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What's the problem with BILLmanager and VMmanager?

2»

Comments

• @duckeeyuck said:

seriesn said: Updating and fixing it after every update ? Not worth the trouble. Especially if I am paying for a product, I expect it to fit my need without me spending more money (time) on it. If it doesn’t and other alternatives exists that does it for the same cost or less? You know where I am going with this :).

Updating and fixing everyupdate..... to css?
    it's not a programming language that breaks every update lol
    you don't move from bootstrap 3 -> 4 like nothing, you usually stick to one lol and never change it

this is a bad mentality, one that limits you, giving up and reaching conclusions before you even start is not the way to go

Wish it was as simple as updating 5 line of css. But you do you boo. :)

Thanked by 3jar o_be_one ViridWeb
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited June 2020

@duckeeyuck said:
    reaching conclusions before you even start is not the way to go

Indeed. Sounds like you have what it takes to be a provider of your own where you think many others failed. That "I can do better" feeling is a powerful motivator. Sometimes it humbles you, sometimes you pull it off. Don't reach the conclusion that you can't before you've tried, I think you might enjoy it.

Thanked by 2o_be_one ViridWeb
  • Thank you all for continuing this thread. I appreciate every answer since it's helping a lot to understand how stuffs works in reality. In theory all is always fucking beautiful and magic! But reality is always different.

Keep going to feed this thread with any input you may have, i really enjoy reading it and more: seeing well knows and well reputed providers interacting in it. Thanks a lot for that too.

• seriesn said: Wish it was as simple as updating 5 line of css. But you do you boo. :)

Got my own user/billing system made w/ sinatra (I don't do hosting or anything like that), and let me be honest, if you think you can bs me with that, u too slow

You're related to nexus bytes rite? By now, at this size, you already a full css boilerplate/schema w.e you call it, already done, you telling me you change the whole thing everytime you add an offer or some form field or for some background ui-less task? wut, disregard the fact that css development can be done out of memory by a 5yo, is this what you do? or what your designer says? could be that you're just slow or your designer is bsing you bro

How much time do you even invest into css? if you're taking 15mins+ for a freaking table then the problem is just you

Why the F would you need to change the css file for your billing/vm system? do you reskin solusvm every month?

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

The ISPSystems brand software is good, obviously it doesn't look the best but it's reliable. The only downside of VMmanager is that I think it's pretty expensive since it's based on node price + individual VM price.

Thanked by 1o_be_one
  • seriesnseriesn Member
    edited June 2020

@duckeeyuck said:

seriesn said: Wish it was as simple as updating 5 line of css. But you do you boo. :)

Got my own user/billing system made w/ sinatra (I don't do hosting or anything like that), and let me be honest, if you think you can bs me with that, u too slow

You're related to nexus bytes rite? By now, at this size, you already a full css boilerplate/schema w.e you call it, already done, you telling me you change the whole thing everytime you add an offer or some form field or for some background ui-less task? wut, disregard the fact that css development can be done out of memory by a 5yo, is this what you do? or what your designer says? could be that you're just slow or your designer is bsing you bro

How much time do you even invest into css? if you're taking 15mins+ for a freaking table then the problem is just you

Why the F would you need to change the css file for your billing/vm system? do you reskin solusvm every month?

Jeez man. Drink a glass of water while you spitting those verse. Not sure why you are getting personal or calling names. Not cool “bro”.

I have a business to run and customer to tend to. But at the same time, the only reason I am responding to your name calling is because we are on let and my business isn’t big enough to have in-house developer. Just like many on this forum. If I had my “in house” dev, please be rest assured, I wouldn’t be feeding the trolls. Same reason you are also calling name because you got way too much time on your hand right now.

I am a businessman and one thing I know better is how to run my business, with the help of feedback, I collect from my customer base (family). You run your business, how you want to and that is your choice. Not my job or my place to butt into yours.

There’s a difference between using a home brew solution, where you control the work flow vs using standard setup. And it is not about updating 1 single css file, when you need to setup additional fields/remove codes that doesn’t fit your theme. One whmcs update ends up taking solid couple of hours to figure out what went wrong where.

Once again, this is a software, I pay for. I have the right to ask for it to tend to my need. Not other way around. They are not giving me a free product for publicity or paying me to use their product. So I chose and dictate the product I deem to fit my need and requirements.

So as I said, you do you.

If my current setup doesn’t fit your need, there are better and greater provider to chose from vs my small brand :). Peace out.

Tldr; I didn’t like BillMamager/VMmanager design when I started and now I am too deep into my current setup that only way I would migrate to a different setup is once my in-house setup is finished (TBD).

Ps. Inb4 further name calling kicks in, I am all for feedback and those who knows me here, know every well how I beg for and listen to feedbacks. Just not a big fan of childish name calling.

Thanked by 1o_be_one
  • All I can say they are very nice and very professional people

Thanked by 1o_be_one
  • seriesn said: One whmcs update ends up taking solid couple of hours to figure out what went wrong where.

This is so true. I've worked with a provider to bugfix their theme and sometimes it was the most trivial of changes which we didn't really think would break something but it was breaking majority of the functionality. It was a hell to debug since we don't really know what is going on.

I fully agree on the statement as it would be a hassle for a company to change their template or test it after each WHMCS (or whatever) update to see if something was changed from their last update. Which used to happen often with WHMCS. (Not so much nowadays)

Either you should wait for your developer to update system in the staging area and go through everything to check if at least the basic flow works. Or you'd have to be brave and update production with the latest version and wait for customer complaints. :D

Thanked by 2o_be_one seriesn
  • They already discontinued the Free or Trial.

Now they are asking $29/mo or 319/yr for a license. Ridiculous.

• @rustelekom @pqhosting do you still use Billmanager and how much are you paying for it now? It was cheaper than Whmcs before but now it is more expensive!

• rustelekomrustelekom Member, Patron Provider

Still use. We cannot compare prices of Billmanager with WHCMS directly because Billmanager is only part of full line of ISPsystem products.

• Thanks for your reply!

Maybe you also use the lifetime license?

Since lifetime users can renew for half price only. So it seems ISPsystem is trying to cash-in on new clients. It also looks like ISPsystem owns the sole reseller of Billmanager which is ISPlicense...

• rustelekomrustelekom Member, Patron Provider
    edited July 2021

No, lifetime license is die (btw. - with all software developer). We renewed Billmanager for year on old price when action was active.
    They try, like others switch from service/goods final sale model to subscription. No only software developer now looking into this way but also such vendor like Hyundai or Samsung. This is general trend.
    ISPlicense is known team - they work with ISPsystem closely from begin of companies established so you should not be expect any downgrade with services or support.