Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Arubacloud Refugee Thread - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Arubacloud Refugee Thread

Comments

• debaserdebaser Member
    edited June 2020

@GameTownProjects said:
    The Diamond Panel is still work in progress and at the moment a large part of the functions is still missing.

Our Infrastrukture is stable since we are in business since 2013, but the panel is the main reason for us to sell on such a low price.
    We will market the offers in the future via kts24.com, but it is currently more important to improve the administration panel.

What’s the point in offering something when your panel just returns a 404 upon ordering?

Edit: it does this on every plan.

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited June 2020

@debaser said:
    What’s the point in offering something when your panel just returns a 404 upon ordering?

Maybe they want to get money through top-up, and then pay a designer to fix the panel. This is just speculation.

@GameTownProjects said:
    We got some special KVM offer for 1 € per month.

1 vCore
    1 GB RAM
    10 GB SSD
    1 GBit/s Connection

https://panel.haendler.it/offer/22/order

What is the monthly bandwidth? I see someone asked for a feature regarding notification upon reaching bandwidth limit, so what is the limit?

• HaendlerITHaendlerIT Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2020

I fixed that :( To change something in the database direct never ends good.

Bandwidth is not hard limited, but every customer who use more then 2 TB is monitored by our team.
    We always contact the customers before some throttling will be applied.

Our panel is 100% self developed, but at the moment it is hard to find time to improve. So if you need a realy stable service check https://store-host.com wich also offers VPS at our Location with a ready to use Proxmox Module for WHMCS.

Thanked by 2RedSox brueggus
  • Do you have a looking glass for this location?

• Shot2Shot2 Member
    edited June 2020
  • defaultdefault Veteran
    edited June 2020

@GameTownProjects said:
    We got some special KVM offer for 1 € per month.

1 vCore
    1 GB RAM
    10 GB SSD
    1 GBit/s Connection
    2TB Bandwidth

https://panel.haendler.it/offer/22/order

And... finally... benchmark...

# ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
    #              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2020-02-10                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #

Wed Jun  3 00:32:50 IST 2020

Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Processor  : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2430L v2 @ 2.40GHz
    CPU cores  : 1 @ 2394.230 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ❌ Disabled
    RAM        : 987Mi
    Swap       : 499Mi
    Disk       : 9.8G

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4kb           (IOPS) | 64kb          (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 12.60 MB/s    (3.1k) | 79.89 MB/s    (1.2k)
    Write      | 12.60 MB/s    (3.1k) | 80.31 MB/s    (1.2k)
    Total      | 25.20 MB/s    (6.3k) | 160.20 MB/s   (2.5k)
               |                      |
    Block Size | 512kb         (IOPS) | 1mb           (IOPS)
      ------   | -----          ----  | ---            ----
    Read       | 229.48 MB/s    (448) | 217.15 MB/s    (212)
    Write      | 241.67 MB/s    (472) | 231.62 MB/s    (226)
    Total      | 471.16 MB/s    (920) | 448.77 MB/s    (438)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Provider                  | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed
                              |                           |                 |
    Bouygues Telecom          | Paris, FR (10G)           | 1.56 Gbits/sec  | 930 Mbits/sec
    Online.net                | Paris, FR (10G)           | 1.57 Gbits/sec  | 612 Mbits/sec
    WorldStream               | The Netherlands (10G)     | 1.28 Gbits/sec  | 644 Mbits/sec
    wilhelm.tel               | Hamburg, DE (10G)         | 1.87 Gbits/sec  | 934 Mbits/sec
    Biznet                    | Bogor, Indonesia (1G)     | 762 Mbits/sec   | 133 Mbits/sec
    Hostkey                   | Moscow, RU (1G)           | 923 Mbits/sec   | 464 Mbits/sec
    Velocity Online           | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 1.00 Gbits/sec  | 331 Mbits/sec
    Airstream Communications  | Eau Claire, WI, US (10G)  | 999 Mbits/sec   | 299 Mbits/sec
    Hurricane Electric        | Fremont, CA, US (10G)     | busy            | busy

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value
                    |
    Single Core     | 568
    Multi Core      | 577
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/2388609

Edit: the swap space does not come by default. I added a swap file.

• SCAM_DONT_BUYSCAM_DONT_BUY Member
    edited June 2020
  • DazzleDazzle Member

Sigh. I want to order, but I don't want to be a lab rat.

• BaldrBaldr Member

@GameTownProjects said:
    The Diamond Panel is still work in progress and at the moment a large part of the functions is still missing.

Our Infrastrukture is stable since we are in business since 2013, but the panel is the main reason for us to sell on such a low price.
    We will market the offers in the future via kts24.com, but it is currently more important to improve the administration panel.

Can you lower (maybe temporarily) minimum recharge from 5 to 1 euro?

• Shot2Shot2 Member

@Dazzle said:

As said, it's a reminder about last year's mess. Can't tell whether things have improved or not since then, security-wise. IIRC the (cheapo-compliant) service provided was quite okay until this mishap.

• HaendlerITHaendlerIT Member, Host Rep

@Dazzle said:

If you value a comprehensive and error-free administration system, KTS24 is actually not the right one.
    Anyone who needs quick support for problems and a stable infrastructure more then a good control panel is welcome to test KTS24.

@Baldr said:
    Can you lower (maybe temporarily) minimum recharge from 5 to 1 euro?

Due to the paypal fees absolutely not possible

• defaultdefault Veteran

In another LET thread, I found an offer from Server.it, where they offer €1/month VPS with 2GB RAM for the first year. Even though it's not recurring, an offer like this is good for migrating data away from Aruba, especially considering datacenter location: Italy.

Link: https://www.server.it/vps-promo

• LeviLevi Member

@default said:
    In another LET thread, I found an offer from Server.it, where they offer €1/month VPS with 2GB RAM for the first year. Even though it's not recurring, an offer like this is good for migrating data away from Aruba, especially considering datacenter location: Italy.

Decent find. They use WHMCS, default language is italian. In order to convert to english, add this to url:

&language=english

• I went through and cataloged my services. Looks like I have two out of three servers that are actively running something. Of which, one of them is a Bitwarden replica and the other does MySQL backups to S3. So it looks like I'll be dropping all 3 and moving those existing services to Hetzner Cloud. Makes the most sense; consolidate billing too.

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • ScienceOnlineScienceOnline Member
    edited June 2020

@default said:

I have one and it's recurring, I pay 2,97€ every three months (plus VAT), I don't even find written anywhere that is not recurring, however the quality seems to me comparable to Aruba for these months of usage

• Shot2Shot2 Member

@ScienceOnline said:
    I have one and it's recurring, I pay 2,97€ every three months (plus VAT), I don't even find written anywhere that is not recurring, however the quality seems to me comparable to Aruba for these months of usage

Any idea of the datacenter location? IPv6? bandwidth and peering? :)

• RedSoxRedSox Member

I registrred there, but unfortunately there are no debit card payments. > @ScienceOnline said:

@default said:

Monster bench -eu please? YABS?

• EdwardEdward Member

default said: Yet-Another-Bench-Script

It looks like this script is very cool and allows you to quickly find out a lot of data about the server. Thank you, I did not know about this script before.

• xkeyxkey Member

@ScienceOnline said:

Do you have to pay VAT if not in EU?

• defaultdefault Veteran

@RedSox said:
    Monster bench -eu please? YABS?

#              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2020-02-10                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #

Fri 05 Jun 2020 09:41:15 PM UTC

Basic System Information:
    Processor  : Common KVM processor
    CPU cores  : 1 @ 2699.998 MHz
    AES-NI     : ❌ Disabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ❌ Disabled
    RAM        : 2.0Gi
    Swap       : 0B
    Disk       : 20G

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4kb           (IOPS) | 64kb          (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 52.23 MB/s   (13.0k) | 551.59 MB/s   (8.6k)
    Write      | 52.31 MB/s   (13.0k) | 554.49 MB/s   (8.6k)
    Total      | 104.55 MB/s  (26.1k) | 1.10 GB/s    (17.2k)
               |                      |
    Block Size | 512kb         (IOPS) | 1mb           (IOPS)
      ------   | -----          ----  | ---            ----
    Read       | 754.10 MB/s   (1.4k) | 788.48 MB/s    (770)
    Write      | 794.17 MB/s   (1.5k) | 841.00 MB/s    (821)
    Total      | 1.54 GB/s     (3.0k) | 1.62 GB/s     (1.5k)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Provider                  | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed
                              |                           |                 |
    Bouygues Telecom          | Paris, FR (10G)           | 103 Mbits/sec   | 100 Mbits/sec
    Online.net                | Paris, FR (10G)           | 103 Mbits/sec   | 100 Mbits/sec
    WorldStream               | The Netherlands (10G)     | 103 Mbits/sec   | 99.8 Mbits/sec
    wilhelm.tel               | Hamburg, DE (10G)         | 103 Mbits/sec   | 100 Mbits/sec
    Biznet                    | Bogor, Indonesia (1G)     | 92.5 Mbits/sec  | 80.5 Mbits/sec
    Hostkey                   | Moscow, RU (1G)           | 102 Mbits/sec   | 99.3 Mbits/sec
    Velocity Online           | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 96.1 Mbits/sec  | 97.2 Mbits/sec
    Airstream Communications  | Eau Claire, WI, US (10G)  | 97.2 Mbits/sec  | 93.0 Mbits/sec
    Hurricane Electric        | Fremont, CA, US (10G)     | 88.2 Mbits/sec  | busy

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value
                    |
    Single Core     | 646
    Multi Core      | 670
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/2422337

Thanked by 2vimalware RedSox
  • @Shot2 said:

@ScienceOnline said:

Any idea of the datacenter location? IPv6? bandwidth and peering? :)

Datacenter is in Milan, fastweb datacenter but I received an email stating that they will move those little plan to Irideos datacenter, always in Milan> @xkey said:

@ScienceOnline said:

Do you have to pay VAT if not in EU?

I don't know, I'm in Italy.

• default said: In another LET thread, I found an offer from Server.it, where they offer €1/month VPS with 2GB RAM for the first year. Even though it's not recurring, an offer like this is good for migrating data away from Aruba, especially considering datacenter location: Italy.

thanks. opted-in.

• LeviLevi Member
    edited June 2020

Now they will encounter 'LET effect'. When a ton of cheapskates orders hundreds of servers and abuse begins. Soon those sweet 1€ servers will be obsolete.

Thanked by 1Dazzle
  • @LTniger said:
    Now they will encounter 'LET effect'. When a ton of cheapskates orders hundreds of servers and abuse begins. Soon those sweet 1€ servers will be obsolete.

It's the first thing I thought too

• @LTniger said:

An early warning will be all tickets and chargebacks because “it’s only 100 Mbps”.

• defaultdefault Veteran

@debaser said:

@LTniger said:

An early warning will be all tickets and chargebacks because “it’s only 100 Mbps”.

No. So far I the benchmark clearly shows 100 Mbps. It's not like people were not informed. :smile:

• @default said:

@debaser said:

@LTniger said:

No. So far I the benchmark clearly shows 100 Mbps. It's not like people were not informed. :smile:

The point is that a lot of people don’t read before ordering.

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • defaultdefault Veteran

@debaser said:

@default said:

@debaser said:

@LTniger said:

The point is that a lot of people don’t read before ordering.

Indeed. Now, it also depends on what customers need. 100Mbps should be enough for most low-end projects, including idling.

• Thanks default, that's perfect as Italy based VPN.

BTW even if it's Italian I guess it could be understandable..

• tetechtetech Member

@arda said:
    So, where did you guys migrate to, if already ?

Might be time to do a status check and re-ask this question.

I moved one to an UltraVPS.eu VPS I already had, happy with this.

I got vServer.site VPS in FRA. It has been pretty good, but seems network has dropped out a couple of times for short periods in the past week (99.98% over 7 days at Uptime Robot). Still deciding what to do here.

Still looking for UK replacement.

Thanked by 1UltraVPS