Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Aruba cloud changing pricing (including for existing customers with existing machines) - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Aruba cloud changing pricing (including for existing customers with existing machines)

13»

Comments

• I received a reply from Aruba regarding the refund of the remaining credit:

"Once the withdrawal process completed, we will proceed with the refund of the remaining credit."

Thanked by 1default
  • @wlambrechts said:
    I received a reply from Aruba regarding the refund of the remaining credit:

"Once the withdrawal process completed, we will proceed with the refund of the remaining credit."

What does that mean ? What withdrawal process ?

• defaultdefault Veteran

@hypothesis said:

@wlambrechts said:
    I received a reply from Aruba regarding the refund of the remaining credit:

What does that mean ? What withdrawal process ?

You top-up your account by adding Euros (VAT is charged at this process). Then they withdraw each month from that prepaid credit, to pay for your services. Once you cancel everything, and each month has been paid, you can theoretically request refund, because what remains is considered unused.

Thanked by 1RedSox
  • TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited May 2020

I mean, I get it, though I think the reason it is annoying, is the same reason it is as valuable as it is to the user -- it was a low budget item that when you got the bill even on the worst day you could dig up $1 to pay for it. However, now, that same day may come and trying to get 3x as much may not be as easy.

Granted most of us have jobs or live in economies where $3 still isn't going to break the bank, but for students and those otherwise not so lucky, I could see the change in cost having a real impact on them, while not perceived by others.

Don't get me wrong, I am not gonna picket in the streets over the change in price, because as mentioned, it's been a loss leader for them for a long time. However, it has impacted my thoughts on whether I will keep all 5 of them... the change from $5 per month to ~$15.00 per month (actually more because it's EURO and not USD and USD is weak) actually may have an impact on the decision I make because of the volume of cost increase to my monthly budget where for someone with just a single service -- the cost increase may be viewed as negligible.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

Thanked by 1RedSox
  • defaultdefault Veteran

@TheLinuxBug - nobody knows the reason. Like you, I personally would love an official answer from @ArubaCloud explaining why, but from their silence I guess it's unlikely.

From what I read so far, some speculate this offer was a marketing stunt to attract publicity and exposure, others speculate this was a legal stunt to obtain more IPv4 space, I speculate the price increase has something to do with Covid19 and how bad it affected economy and population control in Italy.

I am still waiting for an official answer from @ArubaCloud - but I also keep my eyes open for other idling VPS offers. Like in Online.net case, I can no longer trust Aruba. I expected ArubaCloud to keep the current services active, because technology and computing power evolve.

• ardaarda Member

So, where did you guys migrate to, if already ?

• ArubaCloudArubaCloud Member, Host Rep

Hi,

We know that price increases are never welcome. When they are functional to enhance the platform, investing in security by offering more stability, power and speed, becomes necessary.

For this reason, we‘d like to confirm that from August 2020, customers who activated VPS Small at the promotional price of 1 euro per month can renew it only at the current price of € 2.79 +VAT per month. In this regard, it was our concern to inform all customers in advance.

Our priority is to constantly improve the quality of our services. Please note that this price increase is made in order to guarantee high standards of performance and reliability.

Thank you for your understanding! :)

Thanked by 3arda vimalware Falzo
  • ardaarda Member

@ArubaCloud Thank you for providing quality service for years and being open and informing about the increase in advance! This is quite understanding and I personally appreciate the offer you've provided so far.

Thanked by 2vimalware ArubaCloud
  • 479555479555 Member

@ArubaCloud Hi, since you announced the price increase my server has been down many times, almost daily infact, sometimes for hours at a time, according to Hetrixtools. Any idea why?

• LeviLevi Member

@479555 said: Any idea why?

I have server with Aruba almost 2 years now. Not a single downtime. Better ask Hetrix tools why they report downtime.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • PolicePolice Member

I have been since 2017 and have fallen several times. Sometimes until days. I dont have nothing to complaint about. Good connection and good performance. Thanks Aruba.

Thanked by 1ArubaCloud
  • tetechtetech Member

@LTniger said:

@479555 said: Any idea why?

I have server with Aruba almost 2 years now. Not a single downtime. Better ask Hetrix tools why they report downtime.

Do you think that just because you have no downtime that means others don't?

• pbxpbx Member
    edited June 2020

@DrCornFlakes said: Don't we all lowendtalkers live under the bridge?
    Or... or... is it just me?

There are also some stingy rich folks around here, who can afford a house but will do whatever they can to save 2$/m on their idling VPS; but don't worry: You are not alone.

Several of us live under bridges, sleep sometimes in dirty places and know days without food.

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited June 2020

I deleted all my servers (6 in total). Thanks for the refund of remaining credit @ArubaCloud - and good luck with your business strategy.

While technology evolves and computing power gets cheaper, please excuse me for watching this marketing stunt with a grain of salt.

• HBAndreiHBAndrei Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@LTniger said: I have server with Aruba almost 2 years now. Not a single downtime. Better ask Hetrix tools why they report downtime.

It is possible for your server to be up, while other servers to be down.
    Best option to see why a downtime was reported would be to check the Location Fail Log & Network Diagnostics:
    https://hetrixtools.com/feature/uptime-monitor-core/#location-fail-log

Cheers.

• ArubaCloudArubaCloud Member, Host Rep

@arda said:
    @ArubaCloud Thank you for providing quality service for years and being open and informing about the increase in advance! This is quite understanding and I personally appreciate the offer you've provided so far.

Thank you very much, we appreciate your answer :)

@479555 said:
    @ArubaCloud Hi, since you announced the price increase my server has been down many times, almost daily infact, sometimes for hours at a time, according to Hetrixtools. Any idea why?

Please note that the two are not related. We invite you to contact our Customer Care Service by opening a support ticket on our website and explain the problem you have faced with your server.