Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Aruba cloud changing pricing (including for existing customers with existing machines) - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Aruba cloud changing pricing (including for existing customers with existing machines)

Comments

• I have 2 VPS's but will cancel both of them but I recently "topped up" my account with 13 euro's remaining ... Curious on whether I will get a refund ...

• @wlambrechts maybe submit a ticket to satisfy curiosity

• Shot2Shot2 Member
    edited May 2020

Beyond the 1&1/Ionos €1 vps (512MB/20GB tho and some stupid 12-month commitment), Hetzner Cloud is a safe bet indeed, if willing to go the German way.

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited May 2020

@wlambrechts said:
    I have 2 VPS's but will cancel both of them but I recently "topped up" my account with 13 euro's remaining ... Curious on whether I will get a refund ...

6 VPS ...

DICKS!

• serv_eeserv_ee Member

@t0ny0 said:

@Abdussamad said:

LTniger said: Expected at some point they all doing that.

why are they all doing it now?

Im guessing ipv4 price increase might have something to do with it :-)

Just use ipv4+ then duh

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • Why would people top up so much rather than just topping up just enough for a month or 2? Everyone rips clients for taking deals that are too good to be true. Isn't this another case of client getting what they deserve as noone forced topping up? Maybe something to keep in mind during the next runner. just spend it on something else at arubacloud

• defaultdefault Veteran

Are Tor exit nodes allowed in Arubacloud? I don't think I care about my IP reputation anymore.

Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting
  • ardaarda Member
    edited May 2020

@Unbelievable said:
    Why would people top up so much rather than just topping up just enough for a month or 2? Everyone rips clients for taking deals that are too good to be true. Isn't this another case of client getting what they deserve as noone forced topping up? Maybe something to keep in mind during the next runner. just spend it on something else at arubacloud

For me, it's because of Inflation. Not everyone earns EUR sadly, and your local currency gets devaluated over time. Topping up fixes that, or you need a EUR savings account which is more hassle for this case.

Not that I top up Aruba much though, unlike Kimsufi, where topping up extends your subscription time.

• @default did you ask for a refund? or will you just assume they are "DICKS" without asking them for a refund of unused funds?

• @Unbelievable said:
    @default did you ask for a refund? or will you just assume they are "DICKS" without asking them for a refund of unused funds?

I asked for a refund. Will keep you updated on the feedback.

Reason why I topped up because I would did not assume they would pull an online.net and moreover their interface is so confusing I did not want to deal with it every month :-)

• defaultdefault Veteran

@Unbelievable said:
    @default did you ask for a refund? or will you just assume they are "DICKS" without asking them for a refund of unused funds?

I am "dicks" because I was the one who top-up without guessing what future brings.

I don't think I am eligible for a refund, because it's a top-up, not a service paid in advance. So far they kept their end of the bargain. It is my fault for planing to use my credit only on their smart cloud. It is their fault for increasing the price of their smart cloud. But the top-up was granted as they charged for it. This is one of those moments when I suck.

Anyway, I am thinking of getting a domain transferred to Aruba. I will see. They may have won some money with this move. But marketing and SEO will drop their sales, because this sucks!

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited May 2020

@wlambrechts said:

@Unbelievable said:

I asked for a refund. Will keep you updated on the feedback.

Reason why I topped up because I would did not assume they would pull an online.net and moreover their interface is so confusing I did not want to deal with it every month :-)

Same here. I like to buy a service, let it work, and not stress myself about it (not even payments). Automation is the beauty of working with computers. Now Aruba is taking advantage of me. I do not deserve such bad treatment from Aruba.

• @default said:
    Are Tor exit nodes allowed in Arubacloud? I don't think I care about my IP reputation anymore.

No provider here is going to sell to you if you post things like that.

Thanked by 2default TimboJones
  • JarryJarry Member

@arda said:

By the way, can anyone suggest alternatives? I'm gonna need a VPS with EU (preferably Germany) IP, KVM, 1GB ram debian VPS which would cost €1/month'ish.

If you don't mind small ssd (5GB) and annual payment (12€/y), you might grab BF-offer from vserver (no aff-link, just what I took a few weeks ago, looks good for the price):

https://cp.vserver.site/cart.php?a=confproduct&i=0

FYI, their templates have fixed 1GB swap partition, so I had to install OS from iso-image with custom partitioning to get rid of swap and have full 5GB disc. One can always create swap-file if necessary...

• The sad part is - I think I might actually keep a few of my VPS machines with them. Just really wish they had a discount for people that have had the old 1eur plans.
    @ArubaCloud any plans on providing such discounts?

• @t0ny0 said:
    The sad part is - I think I might actually keep a few of my VPS machines with them. Just really wish they had a discount for people that have had the old 1eur plans.

why not switch to hetzner vps ? cheaper/more RAM/...

• @wlambrechts said:

@t0ny0 said:
    The sad part is - I think I might actually keep a few of my VPS machines with them. Just really wish they had a discount for people that have had the old 1eur plans.

why not switch to hetzner vps ? cheaper/more RAM/...

Already got that :-) Diversity is always a good thing

• Last Active
        April 24

• DazzleDazzle Member

@t0ny0 said:

Last Active
        April 24

Maybe, they've marked us as not worthy customer base? So they left.

I noticed some provider doing that, not actively participating again in this forum after getting enough customer from LET.

:/

• @Dazzle said:

@t0ny0 said:

Last Active
        April 24

Maybe, they've marked us as not worthy customer base? So they left.

I noticed some provider doing that, not actively participating again in this forum after getting enough customer from LET.

:/

• Been using them since 2017 I believe and I couldn't be happier. It was not just the price that was incredibly low. It is like this sweet little thing, like a little wrench that you have at home that you use from time to time and it brings a smile to your face. Now I have a frown on my face.

Any alt except hetzner?

• tetechtetech Member

hypothesis said: like a little wrench that you have at home that you use from time to time and it brings a smile to your face.

I have a little wench like that.

Oh wait, you said "wrench".

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited May 2020

@tetech said:

hypothesis said: like a little wrench that you have at home that you use from time to time and it brings a smile to your face.

I have a little wench like that.

Oh wait, you said "wrench".

A provider announces to increase prices, members of community go into PMS mode. History repeats itself as @deank predicted, and like it happened with Online.net before. I think I should get my popcorn ready, for complaints coming after 1st of August.

• It was the best €1 VPS I ever had, stable, used since 2016 and happy with them.

I guess it's time to move, what providers in Europe offers similar specs for $15 or below?

• FalzoFalzo Member

default said: I think I should get my popcorn ready, for complaints coming after 1st of August.

this! without the thread here I'd probably missed it, as the short information mail went to the spam folder (as the other tivusat sh*t does).

however, I think there is not really much to complain about. it's their right to adjust pricing, they notify quite some time in advance and they had that pricing for a looong time. I just checked and saw, that I deployed my first 1€ box with them september 2015 - and still have that one.

yes a price increase close to 3x is ... let's say impressive, but it's kind of obvious that that's because it's their smallest product which was heavily discounted, so...

most likely letting go of the uk one, because it's the oldest idler ever anyway. have two more in germany which I picked because of their DC (equinix) - probably keeping those despite the raise. reliable shit and still cheaper than lightsail.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

@default said:
    A provider announces to increase prices, members of community go into PMS mode. History repeats itself as @deank predicted, and like it happened with Online.net before. I think I should get my popcorn ready, for complaints coming after 1st of August.

Funny thing is, people don't seem to go overly PMS for big amounts, like real estate.
    When it's tiny though, people go PMS for tiny reasons.

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • @deank said:

Funny thing is, people don't seem to go overly PMS for big amounts, like real estate.
    When it's tiny though, people go PMS for tiny reasons.

cheapskates gonna cheapskate..

• deank said: Funny thing is, people don't seem to go overly PMS for big amounts, like real estate.

Don't we all lowendtalkers live under the bridge?
    Or... or... is it just me?

Thanked by 1pbx
  • defaultdefault Veteran
    edited May 2020

@DrCornFlakes said:

deank said: Funny thing is, people don't seem to go overly PMS for big amounts, like real estate.

Don't we all lowendtalkers live under the bridge?
    Or... or... is it just me?

I live in the gutters, in the sewers, in waters and mud, working day by day. But I like my VPS-es to live in datacenters, to live under protection of others, with light coming from fiber optics, idling, and enjoying a life I can't have.

Arubacloud has stolen that from me, they ripped it from me, they want to kill my idling VPS-es making their life more expensive, making it harder for them to live, and harder for me to pay. So much evil in this world...

Thanked by 2vimalware pbx