Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for an inexpensive and reliable option to run a Ghost Blog - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for an inexpensive and reliable option to run a Ghost Blog

13»

Comments

• scookescooke Member

@RoboCain said:
    So I'm just going to launch a VPS and install ghost and get it over with.

Any guides on how to self manage a Node.JS server? :)

Buy your KVM Ubuntu 18 VPS, then install Cloudron.io on it. You’ll get two free apps with it the free version, one of which can be Ghost. You also get email with Cloudron! And it will manage the upgrades.

• @scooke said:

@RoboCain said:

Buy your KVM Ubuntu 18 VPS, then install Cloudron.io on it. You’ll get two free apps with it the free version, one of which can be Ghost. You also get email with Cloudron! And it will manage the upgrades.

@scooke. How are you.

I was wondering. Why does Cloudron take so long to configure the DNS records? Is that normal?

• cazrzcazrz Member

@RoboCain said:

@scooke said:

@RoboCain said:

@scooke. How are you.

I was wondering. Why does Cloudron take so long to configure the DNS records? Is that normal?

You can use cloudflare.

Thanked by 1RoboCain
  • scookescooke Member
    edited June 2020

@RoboCain said:

@scooke said:

@RoboCain said:

@scooke. How are you.

Not sure what you mean? It has been ‘normal’ for me. I’ve messed around with self hosting long enough though that when I change a domain’s dns records I usually give it half a day before I bother trying to do anything with it... this isn’t only with Cloudron, but any self hosting I’ve done.

As for your other question, I’ve been using time4vps.com for awhile, they have a 2Tb plan, and there are often discount codes floating around to drop the price. I run a few php apps on it, including resourcespace and filerun (yeah in know, both on the same vps seems redundant).

I just looked at webdock.io and if you are on the smallest package you will run out of space real quickly. I use the free package at cloudinary.com to host all my media that gets posted on my ghost blog. You should look into it, and others I guess, before you really start rolling with your blog. It will be a pain to redo every post by moving all the media to cloudinary after you already posted it.

Thanked by 1RoboCain
  • well A2 hosting is best for Ghost blog with the fast server but you can also go for HostPapa ,cloudways or digitaocean too
    But I personally prefer A2 hosting for Ghost blog

• I should add that the free tier of cloudron.io doesn't in fact include email, like I said in an above post. Sorry!