Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

โ€บ A fresher, more stable and more secure approach for billing system - what do you think? - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

A fresher, more stable and more secure approach for billing system - what do you think?

Comments

• Jord said: As we are ISO 27001 compliant we needed to keep everything in house.

This is a very bizarre statement.

• hzrhzr Member

raindog308 said: -10 hipster points. You're supposed to be using Rust, Ruby, and R.

Ruby is no longer cool.

jsg said: For me MySQL and its offspring are still appalling and I fail to see a use case where another (free) SQL DB wouldn't be a better choice. And yes, some of their designers(developers earlier statement clearly told me to simply ignore them.

I significantly prefer Postgres over My and its offspring.

Thanked by 2jsg vimalware
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Pretty tough crowd here LOL

Though I can only imagine the abuse an official WHMCS rep would take...

• seriesnseriesn Member

raindog308 said: Though I can only imagine the abuse an official WHMCS rep would take...

There is a reason they don't "rep" on forums.

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

danielhm said: What do you plan to do when you need to run 24/7 operational on-call? Are you just never going to sleep? Or do you only provide emergency fixes when you're not asleep?
    Or, worse, what if you get hit by a bus? Then what? All clients are left to rot?

You do have a valid point here, we are most definitely aware of that, so we do have internal procedures for handling such a situation. As we grow we will of course introduce more people that will be able to look after the system to make sure BillingServ is available and working smoothly at all times even if I get hit by a bus.

danielhm said: What if your credentials are stolen? Do your operational controls use 2FA? What logs do you keep? What metrics you monitor for unusual activity to detect stolen credentials?

All our systems use 2FA, credentials can be revoked and new ones generated very quickly. We have full access logs on our servers for any commands ran and for logins.

danielhm said: What is your deploy process? Who can deploy code? Is a code review required? What's the minimum number of people required to push new code? How do you ensure role separation? How do you detect and prevent collusion? What's stopping a dev who has their credentials stolen from trying to slip an innocent looking change that introduces a backdoor into production?

Once a bug/issue is identified it will be tested on our development servers, once the issue has been confirmed an Issue is raised on our Gitlab Instance. The devs will then pick this up and fix the bug. It will then be passed over for testing to confirm the bug has been fixed and no other issues have cropped up. This is then pushed to our QA servers where it will be tested further by our team. Once the code has been reviewed and tested it is then pushed to our main network.

Unfortunately, as this is a business in a competitive world, we are not in the liberty of disclosing all our internal policies and procedures. I have tried my best to be as transparent as possible and will continue to do so, but I must also limit how much information is out there.

Of course, you will have full access to your data which you can export at any time. Once you've deleted your account everything will be completely destroyed.

Thanked by 1seriesn
  • I had a boss that used to refer to it as "hit by a lotto bus". It's much friendlier to think of just up and fucking off after winning the lotto than actually getting hit by a bus.

@TimboJones said:
    I had a boss that used to refer to it as "hit by a lotto bus". It's much friendlier to think of just up and fucking off after winning the lotto than actually getting hit by a bus.

I don't really want to get hit by a bus.

Just an update for everyone who has signed up to our Beta Testing List.

We've been busy cracking the last few bugs. We are now working on upgrading all the features and making sure they are using the most up to date APIs.

Once that is done I will open up our system for a private beta to everyone who signed up. Thank you once again for wanting to make our system even better.

We are also putting the final touches on our new website redesign/pricing so that should be live too shortly.

While you wait, enjoy this panda.

• @Jord
    Thanks.
    Waiting...
    Better to integrate this than figuring out blesta.
    Not hard but easier I think.
    Don't forget the discount.๐Ÿ‘

• Hmm the system definitely looks interesting, is there any chance we could get vCenter and/or vOneCloud/OpenNebula integration? I also echo the sentiment that an on premise solution would be ideal. I can't speak for others but I am hesitant to have my customer data stored outside of my own infrastructure.

@Iroshan464 said:
    @Jord
    Thanks.
    Waiting...

We will have a yearly package for smaller companies. But will be limited and have branding enabled :)

@AtlantiaCloud_Alex said:
    Hmm the system definitely looks interesting, is there any chance we could get vCenter and/or vOneCloud/OpenNebula integration? I also echo the sentiment that an on premise solution would be ideal. I can't speak for others but I am hesitant to have my customer data stored outside of my own infrastructure.

Thanks for the feedback, I can certainly have a look into adding vCenter or vOneCloud/OpenNebula and getting it onto our integrations list.

We won't be offering an on-premise solution any time soon. While I know we can't please everyone, we will be sticking with SaaS for the moment.

Thanks again for the feedback :)

• @Jord said:

@Iroshan464 said:
    @Jord
    Thanks.
    Waiting...

We will have a yearly package for smaller companies. But will be limited and have branding enabled :)

As long as it's affordable, yearly is fine.
    Branding of not intrusive, not an issue too. ๐Ÿ‘

• hawchawc Moderator, LIR

@Jord That Ukrainian dude in your shed must be pretty battered and abused by this point :smile:

Good work though, Iโ€™m going to give it a spin

Thanked by 1Jord

@hawc said:
    @Jord That Ukrainian dude in your shed must be pretty battered and abused by this point :smile:

Good work though, Iโ€™m going to give it a spin

Of course he's a bit battered, got to motivate people somehow ๐Ÿ˜‚

Thank you, it's been a long time coming but it's finally here.

Just an update for everyone, we've finished fixing bugs, all payment gateways have been upgraded to the latest API versions.

We are now working on bringing our DirectAdmin integration up to the latest version too, so we can build in more features. I hope I can get @DA_Mark seal of approval :D

Our internal beta is coming along nicely now if you would like to help us test BSv2 when we launch for the first public beta please add your email here https://forms.gle/fTPxTij5dUAYAy2R6

Thanks again all :heart:

• seriesnseriesn Member
    edited June 2020

@Jord said:
    Just an update for everyone, we've finished fixing bugs, all payment gateways have been upgraded to the latest API versions.

We are now working on bringing our DirectAdmin integration up to the latest version too, so we can build in more features. I hope I can get @DA_Mark seal of approval :D

Our internal beta is coming along nicely now if you would like to help us test BSv2 when we launch for the first public beta please add your email here https://forms.gle/fTPxTij5dUAYAy2R6

Thanked by 1Jord

Just to keep everyone updated, we are currently testing our newest version. We've now included fraudlabs, testing fraudrecord and more.

I will start sending out emails to our beta testers who signed up via our Google forms shortly. So you can test the new system out. This will be a test environment to find and squash any bugs, so test data is advised.

I will also be launching our new website within the next couple of weeks with our new pricing.

Good afternoon, we've been busy developing our new API. Lots of new updates and changes coming.

As soon as the API has been tested and completed we will be launching for our private beta, where we will be looking for feedback from you guys who've submitted your details to our Google forms signup.

Looking forward to getting BillingServ into your hands and getting the feedback to make it even better.

• @seriesn said:

@Jord said:

When did Pandas get handles on their butts?

Thanked by 2Jord imok
  • @Jord said:
    Good afternoon, we've been busy developing our new API. Lots of new updates and changes coming.

As soon as the API has been tested and completed we will be launching for our private beta, where we will be looking for feedback from you guys who've submitted your details to our Google forms signup.

Looking forward to getting BillingServ into your hands and getting the feedback to make it even better.

To quickly add, had the pleasure of taking this out on a test drive, feels much fresher and less cluttered comparing to similar softwares I have used in the past. Defiantly moving things towards the right direction.

Thanked by 2Jord Ympker

@TimboJones said:

@seriesn said:

@Jord said:

When did Pandas get handles on their butts?

Always sir, its for when we've had a bamboo overdrive and need help to move....

@seriesn said:

@Jord said:

To quickly add, had the pleasure of taking this out on a test drive, feels much fresher and less cluttered comparing to similar softwares I have used in the past. Defiantly moving things towards the right direction.

Thanks sir, we've made a few more changes since then, so I hope everyone will like it even more :) lots to come, we just decided we needed to launch with a full API.

• @Jord said:

@seriesn said:

@Jord said:

Thanks sir, we've made a few more changes since then, so I hope everyone will like it even more :) lots to come, we just decided we needed to launch with a full API.

Just one request sir, you should update your current website. Doesn't match the premness

@seriesn said:

@Jord said:

@seriesn said:

@Jord said:

Just one request sir, you should update your current website. Doesn't match the premness

Oh it will match the premness very shortly, just updating the content and it will go live :)

edited October 2020

Good evening all,

Just wanted to keep this thread updated, we've made lots of updates over the last few months. And we are going to continue. cPanel/Plesk is being updated soon. But DirectAdmin has been completed.

You can view our Demo Account here: https://demo.onlinebillingform.com/

U: Demo_Admin
    P: Demo123%

Emails will be going out shortly, for everyone on our beta list who wants to try their own account. Please remember the DBs on this server can be wiped at any time so please only use test data and data you aren't worried about being public.

We can't be held responsible if you input actual real data.

Our new website is nearly ready to launch so watch this space.

If you find any issues or think we can make improvements please feel free to email me at [email protected].

Thanks everyone :)

Well, I was expecting that sir :joy:

Thanked by 1SirFoxy
  • @Jord said:

Sah un professional.

• @seriesn said:

@Jord said:

Sah un professional.

lemme get uhhhh boneless pizza