Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IPXCore is down. - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

IPXCore is down.

13»

Comments

• @gsrdgrdghd YES, you have it right on! People who flood the tickets, and I mean FLOOD, 12-14 in a matter of hours for the same problem.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@bijan588 said: @gsrdgrdghd YES, you have it right on! People who flood the tickets, and I mean FLOOD, 12-14 in a matter of hours for the same problem.

The bane of @Aldryic's & Anthony's life. We get users that don't pay their bills on time, get suspended, pay their invoice then flood us with tickets to get the suspension lifted.

Francisco

• Ash_HawkridgeAsh_Hawkridge Member
    edited March 2012

@Francisco said: We get users that don't pay their bills on time, get suspended, pay their invoice then flood us with tickets to get the suspension lifted.

LOL We had one yesterday that wanted to know why we had terminated his service for not paying (4 Days overdue) and said we should have expanded that period (Even though we heard nothing from him) then demanded we gave him a backup.

"My data is worth thousands" Well why is it on a budget VPS and if its worth that much why cant you pay your £4/month bill?

• @VMPort said: LOL We had one yesterday that wanted to know why we had terminated his service for not paying (4 Days overdue) and said we should have expanded that period (Even though we heard nothing from him) then demanded we gave him a backup.

Ha, I didn't think that happened to everyone, just to us :)

@VMPort said: "My data is worth thousands"

This sounds familiar... didn't someone show up here on LET a couple of weeks ago with the same complaint? Hmm...

• @VMPort said: My data is worth thousands

you would think they would have their own backup ...

• Ash_HawkridgeAsh_Hawkridge Member
    edited March 2012

@wiiguy said: you would think they would have their own backup ...

That's what we said, it was at that point we basically got told to "Get fucked, i will leave bad reviews on WHT & LEB" :)

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@wiiguy said: you would think they would have their own backup ...

Neah, why bother with the backups, just nag the support and they will do it for you when needed :P
    I installed bacula for a company some months ago and told the admin there how to use it and enable on clients, then I got called to recover some emails. When I asked why bacula wasnt enabled, told me it was my job to recover the data, not his...
    M

• @Maounique don't complain - just charge them 1 RON per 1KB recovered :)

• @Maounique said: When I asked why bacula wasnt enabled, told me it was my job to recover the data, not his...

i might be new to this vps stuff but im 100% sure, it is their data they should keep it everythign backupped, unless stated in ya own rule thingy's(TOS ?)

• @wiiguy said: i might be new to this vps stuff but im 100% sure, it is their data they should keep it everythign backupped, unless stated in ya own rule thingy's(TOS ?)

We dont take backups or any responsibility for loss of data, but we do provide a free 5GB allocation of external backup space. He couldn't answer why he hadn't used it.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited March 2012

@rds100 said: don't complain - just charge them 1 RON per 1KB recovered :)

Neah, I helped him for some old laptop he had unused on a shelf which I gave to a friend for bday while also explaining why I wont do it next time and how will his boss find out he has an open position in the IT department.
    It is better to make friends than enemies :P
    M

• @VMPort said: but we do provide a free 5GB allocation of external backup space. He couldn't answer why he hadn't used it.

Too much effort! Do it for me! :D

• @VMPort said: we basically got told to "Get fucked, i will leave bad reviews on WHT & LEB" :)

It is so refreshing that users can't get away with this crap anymore and their peers hammer them for it.