Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WireGuard automated installer | Ubuntu, Debian, CentOS, Fedora - Page 9
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WireGuard automated installer | Ubuntu, Debian, CentOS, Fedora

12345679»

Comments

• tunsafe is dead.

• kkiskkkkiskk Member

Is there any tools that can manage multiple wireguard servers?

• iNanjaiNanja Member

I've been using this script for multiple VPS's from different companies for who knows how long. Today, I bought a new VPS with Contabo... I doesn't seem to want to work. The setup was easy.. Ran the script like always and boom done. However, it's not wanting to make the connection when I open wireguard on PC. I tried installing it on a fresh install of a VPS in another company and it worked great, but this one from Contabo doesn't want to work. Nothing against the company, so far I think they are great! I just don't understand why it's not working.

• which one is better, open vpn vs wireguard? i only uses open vpn now.

• @letlover said:
    which one is better, open vpn vs wireguard? i only uses open vpn now.

Wireguard is faster

• @iNanja said:
    I've been using this script for multiple VPS's from different companies for who knows how long. Today, I bought a new VPS with Contabo... I doesn't seem to want to work. The setup was easy.. Ran the script like always and boom done. However, it's not wanting to make the connection when I open wireguard on PC. I tried installing it on a fresh install of a VPS in another company and it worked great, but this one from Contabo doesn't want to work. Nothing against the company, so far I think they are great! I just don't understand why it's not working.

I encountered the same with Ramnode, but it has been resolved after opening a ticket. The staff enabled the netfilter thingy from their system and reinstalled wireguard. They did this to my dozens of VMs even it was outside of their business hours.

The issue was no connection on web, but works with some of applications.

• iNanjaiNanja Member

@Frameworks said:
    I encountered the same with Ramnode, but it has been resolved after opening a ticket. The staff enabled the netfilter thingy from their system and reinstalled wireguard. They did this to my dozens of VMs even it was outside of their business hours.

The issue was no connection on web, but works with some of applications.

I solved the issue on my end on my VPS from Contabo. What I did was completely remove IPv6 from the server, which allowed me to use the VPN. However, incase I ever need to use IPv6 for some odd reason in the future, I wouldn't be able to use VPN again.

Thanked by 1Frameworks
  • NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

@iNanja said: I solved the issue on my end on my VPS from Contabo. What I did was completely remove IPv6 from the server, which allowed me to use the VPN. However, incase I ever need to use IPv6 for some odd reason in the future, I wouldn't be able to use VPN again.

This is weird and the IPv6 setup at Contabo could be broken somehow, but I do not know since I can not take a look.

That said, you can disable IPv6 before running the VPN installer and the VPN will be configured without IPv6, After that, you can safely enable IPv6 in the server again.

Thanked by 1Frameworks
  • @kkiskk said:
    Is there any tools that can manage multiple wireguard servers?

Pritunl.

• @Nyr Thanks for the script, also can you guide how to also transfer dns queries to wireguard server? (i was pointed by wireguard community to ask the author of script for better guidance.)

@MMzF said: Thanks for the script, also can you guide how to also transfer dns queries to wireguard server? (i was pointed by wireguard community to ask the author of script for better guidance.)

The installer asks you to choose your preferred DNS server.

• @Nyr said:

@MMzF said: Thanks for the script, also can you guide how to also transfer dns queries to wireguard server? (i was pointed by wireguard community to ask the author of script for better guidance.)

The installer asks you to choose your preferred DNS server.

I did see:
    Select a DNS server for the client:
    1) Current system resolvers
    2) Google
    3) 1.1.1.1
    4) OpenDNS
    5) Quad9
    6) AdGuard
    2-6 are 3rd party, 1 option is for using same resolvers as the server is having (resolv.conf), not using server ip or interface assigned ip. i want to use the interface ip as dns server to pass all dns queries too through my server

@MMzF said: i want to use the interface ip as dns server to pass all dns queries too through my server

You'd need to edit the generated client configuration file for that.

• @Nyr said:

@MMzF said: i want to use the interface ip as dns server to pass all dns queries too through my server

i did, using my interface ip in client config is making internet inaccessible.

@MMzF said: i did, using my interface ip in client config is making internet inaccessible.

This has nothing to do with the installer. If the other options work, your DNS server is not working correctly.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@MMzF said:

@Nyr said:

i did, using my interface ip in client config is making internet inaccessible.

Are you even running DNS on that server to begin with?

• This is awesome! Thank you!

Thanked by 1Nyr