Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

buycpanel is closing down - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

buycpanel is closing down

2»

Comments

• SaahibSaahib Host Rep, Veteran

@experttechit said:
    Personally I’d say DA was next with CloudLinux....

Well, they won't go for DA, see for windows they have Plesk, for Linux they have cPanel, so they have covered it pretty much. Yes, they could buy DA to KAPUT it , ie. no competition.
    If it happens, if they offer insane amount to DA guys, I suggest them to make DA opensource somewhere before striking deal with them.

@Jord said:

Yep sure is, SolusVM was bought by Plesk. So the owners of cPanel own quite a market share now.

I bet it won't be long before they probably buy Cloudlinux and Softaculous 😂

I was checking out cpanel.net , I see that jetapps (jetbackup guys) is essentially a cPanel venture, jetbackup is quite popular now and they already have hold on it.

I wonder why jetapps guys are even working on DA , as I saw in other thread.

• JamesFJamesF Member, Host Rep

I think JetBackup is still independent in a way... I am not sure, but the owner of buycpanel had a hand in jetbackup i think if you check linkedin

• @Saahib said:

@experttechit said:
    Personally I’d say DA was next with CloudLinux....

Well, they won't go for DA, see for windows they have Plesk, for Linux they have cPanel, so they have covered it pretty much. Yes, they could buy DA to KAPUT it , ie. no competition.
    If it happens, if they offer insane amount to DA guys, I suggest them to make DA opensource somewhere before striking deal with them.

This is why we really need project such as hestiacp to launch. Last time I check they only need to add a decent file manager.

that hestiacp looks pretty good... really like the layout and how everythong is built in

• what are the alternatives now?

• @Shubham1337 Alternatives for purchasing what? cpanel or the other licenses?

• @Unbelievable said:
    @Shubham1337 Alternatives for purchasing what? CPanel or the other licenses?

All of them including cPanel. Buycpanel saved at least a few bucks.

• JetAppsJetApps Member
    edited April 2020

Hi everyone @Saahib

I'd just like to clarify that JetApps (JetBackup) is a completely separate and independent corporation as @experttechit alluded to. cPanel is one of the many partners that we work with to provide our software to the hosting industry.

Right now, our team is focused on expanding our development of JetBackup across multiple control panel platforms including cPanel, Plesk, and DirectAdmin along with standalone Linux operating systems.

With so many amazing features on our current development road map, selling and departing from JetApps (JetBackup) is not in our best interest as our journey has just begun!

Best Regards,
    Anton, JetApps Team.

• Yeah, seems it is easy to migrate in one place :)

• sparek said: Is buycpanel shutting down completely? I don't think we got an email from them.

same here. no email for them yet. Seems they're transferring (those licenses) in phased-manner??

• lonealonea Member, Host Rep

You get a instant migrate when you log into buycpanel's whmcs

• I noticed that my migrated Cloudlinux will get a 60% markup if I stick with the migrated cPanel instances!
    X_X

• Still no notification from them, look like time to find new provider before they migrate

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

I just got an invoice, I've tried to cancel it but I can't. So will have to send in a ticket.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@Jord said:
    I just got an invoice, I've tried to cancel it but I can't. So will have to send in a ticket.

From buycpanel or cPanel?

@WebProject said:

@Jord said:

From buycpanel or cPanel?

cPanel, but they couldn't charge. I've asked them to cancel it.

• @Jord cPanel bill is due on the 1st of the month so might be the reason you can’t cancel it. Was that for the CloudLinux licence? Did it go up to $16?

@LeonDynamic said:
    @Jord cPanel bill is due on the 1st of the month so might be the reason you can’t cancel it. Was that for the CloudLinux licence? Did it go up to $16?

Well, I asked them so we will see what happens, there is nowhere you can cancel it via your account either. Yeah, it's $16 now.

• @Jord said:

@LeonDynamic said:
    @Jord cPanel bill is due on the 1st of the month so might be the reason you can’t cancel it. Was that for the CloudLinux licence? Did it go up to $16?

Well, I asked them so we will see what happens, there is nowhere you can cancel it via your account either. Yeah, it's $16 now.

That’s a joke really. It only $14 from CL direct and cheaper with 2 or more servers. Good luck with cancelling it, hope it all works out.

When I got the original email from BCP I just thought everyone else had got it. Wish I had posted it here to give everyone some warning now.

@LeonDynamic said:

@Jord said:

@LeonDynamic said:

That’s a joke really. It only $14 from CL direct and cheaper with 2 or more servers. Good luck with cancelling it, hope it all works out.

When I got the original email from BCP I just thought everyone else had got it. Wish I had posted it here to give everyone some warning now.

Thanks I'll keep you updated.

The thing I don't get is my Kernelcare licenses at BuycPanel are still active and are being rebilled via their billing platform.

So they have fucked it up somehow.

@LeonDynamic they cancelled my licenses so that is good.

• @Jord said:
    @LeonDynamic they cancelled my licenses so that is good.

Glad you got them cancelled. Did you cancel everything with them, kernelcare as well? It’s such a shame how all this seems to be panning out, BCP we a great company to do business with. If need another provider licencepal with price match.

Speak to cloudlinux I’m pretty sure they will help.

• estnocestnoc Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 2020

i got myself quite nasty surprise with this new cpanel ltd thingy. With buycpanel earlier it was like, when you sign up for licence, it is valid for next 30 days. but right now with cpanel ltd its like, lets say, you sign up for licence on 20th of May, you will be billed only for 10 days or until the end of current month, however, on the first day of next month, you will be billed for entire month again and they want you to subscribe for it with Credit Card, there is no Paypal payment option currently. Its actually quite hard to deal when your own business does not do prorate billing. When you run a webhosting company and you sell a server to your client on 20.may with monthly term, next due date for that server is a la 20.June, but you cant charge client with 10days and then full month cpanel licence fee at once. You feel me?

@estnoc said:
    i got myself quite nasty surprise with this new cpanel ltd thingy. With buycpanel earlier it was like, when you sign up for licence, it is valid for next 30 days. but right now with cpanel ltd its like, lets say, you sign up for licence on 20th of May, you will be billed only for 10 days or until the end of current month, however, on the first day of next month, you will be billed for entire month again and they want you to subscribe for it with Credit Card, there is no Paypal payment option currently. Its actually quite hard to deal when your own business does not do prorate billing. When you run a webhosting company and you sell a server to your client on 20.may with monthly term, next due date for that server is a la 20.June, but you cant charge client with 10days and then full month cpanel licence fee at once. You feel me?

They are just being bossy, apparently direct clients are not much of their interest.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@Saahib said:

@estnoc said:

They are just being bossy, apparently direct clients are not much of their interest.

They do prefer a corp or gov type of clients the same as any other big players Microsoft, Oracle, Amazon AWS, small business no such interest as occasionally required more support.

• @estnoc said:

Now I understand why some providers are billing this new way. Some providers will prorate the first month purchase to now it'll be rest of the month + a month. So a customer signing up on the 20th would pay the price for 1 month+ 10 days prorated and then regular billing on the 1st of each month.