Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

buycpanel is closing down
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

buycpanel is closing down

WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

I just discovered that buycpanel is closing business, all the cPanel licenses were migrated to cPanel and all non cPanel license customers need to find alternative license providers.

Personally never had anything official email notifications, but today I opened a billing department ticket regarding next invoices and had the following reply:

Please note, that BuycPanel.com will be going offline on April 30th. Please make the license purchases with one of those distributors that meets your needs.

Comments

• XsltelXsltel Member, Host Rep

I received an email and had my cPanel licenses migrated to cpanel.net. well my imunify and cloudlinux still there. :(

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

I had my cloudlinux cancelled and transferred so I'm not sure if they've took it or not. But my kernelcare licenses are still active on buycpanel

• hostworldhostworld Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2020

Nothing has been transferred from Buy cPanel to cPanel directly for us yet.

We received this directly from cPanel on the 23rd March though:

Dear valued customer,

The purpose of this email is to provide you with important and timely information regarding an upcoming change to your account. As a result of cPanel LLC’s recent acquisition of BuycPanel, all of your account and billing data will be migrated to the cPanel store. We have outlined below a few migration FAQs that will help answer your questions regarding this process.

When will my account be migrated?
    Migrations will take place by end of day April 1, 2020.

Will my monthly pricing change?
    Your license pricing will match the pricing in the cPanel store. You can get our pricing information here: https://cpanel.net/pricing/

How will my monthly billing work after migration?
    After migration, each license will renew on its original anniversary date. You will be charged a prorated amount from that date until the end of that calendar month. Moving forward, your license renewal date will be the 1st day of each month.

For example: Your license anniversary date is the 12th day of each month. On April 13th your license will renew and you will be charged a prorated amount from April 13 - April 30. Then going forward, you will be charged the full amount of the cost of your license on the 1st day of each month.

Where do I go for support after my license is migrated?
    As a cPanel store customer you will qualify for priority support with our tech support team. You can access our support portal here: https://tickets.cpanel.net/review/login.cgi

How do I access my new account in the cPanel store to manage my licenses?
    Once your account and billing data has been migrated to your new account in the cPanel store, you will receive an email with details on how to login for the first time.

What if I already have a cPanel store account?
    If an existing account is found during the migration process, we will migrate your licenses into that account.

What if I have licenses that the cPanel store does not offer?
    If the license isn’t offered in the cPanel store and IS renewed monthly, it will automatically expire at the end of its current billing cycle.

If the license isn’t offered in the cPanel store and IS NOT renewed monthly, you will receive a separate notification with details on how those licenses will be handled specifically.

What if I prepaid for a license for a term greater than 30 days?
    If you prepaid for a term greater than 30 days, we will honor that time and then you will have the option to cancel or renew the license with one of our monthly recurring options.

I have 1 time fee cPanel licenses, will those be honored after migration?
    Yes, you will keep these licenses. You can purchase 1 time updates via the cPanel store as needed, however, we no longer offer these licenses so new purchases will not be permitted.

What happens to my credit balance when my account is migrated?
    Your credit balance will be transferred to your cPanel account and will be applied to your future monthly invoices.

If you have additional questions not covered above about your upcoming account migration, please reach out to our customer service team at [email protected].

Sincerely,

Customer Service
    cPanel, LLC.

edited April 2020

Hmm this is weird, they migrated the cloudlinux licenses but added cPanel to it.

• deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited April 2020

Saw it coming really on the day Cpanel introduced the new pricing scheme. it was only a matter of time.

• cPanel bought them out a while ago so was inevitable unfortunately, which is a shame.

• @WSCallum said:
    cPanel bought them out a while ago so was inevitable unfortunately, which is a shame.

cPanelbuys buycPanel.

Thanked by 1WSCallum
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

WebProject said: I just discovered that buycpanel is closing business

Read LowEndTalk and get news when it breaks! :-)

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3021329

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

It was kind of a weird transition. My cPanel licenses just started auto-renewing on the card I had last used to pay for a cPanel ticket escalation. Not a bad thing just a little unexpected, maybe a heads-up to anyone else.

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@jar said:
    It was kind of a weird transition. My cPanel licenses just started auto-renewing on the card I had last used to pay for a cPanel ticket escalation. Not a bad thing just a little unexpected, maybe a heads-up to anyone else.

They randomly killed our litespeed licenses at one point knocking some nodes offline.

I'm trying to figure out if cPanel offers licenses or if I need to go direct.

Francisco

Thanked by 3jar eva2000 coreflux
  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

It's amazing the amount of blood cpanel manages to squeeze out of its user base.

Thanked by 2kkrajk Edmond
  • WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran
    edited April 2020

@raindog308 said:

WebProject said: I just discovered that buycpanel is closing business

Read LowEndTalk and get news when it breaks! :-)

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3021329

Sometimes some companies do operate under two brands, the buycpanel sell other licenses and at better rate than cPanel

• edited April 2020

@Francisco
    cpanel offers litespeed licensees.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@hotlineservers said:
    @Francisco

I'm blind to them in manage2 unless I have to get them from the "store"?

Francisco

• @Francisco said:

@hotlineservers said:
    @Francisco

I'm blind to them in manage2 unless I have to get them from the "store"?

Francisco

I see them in the store.

• I got the same email from cPanel. Transferred my licences to different providers as the email said would be charged cPanel store pricing going forward. CloudLinux cost would have increased from $9.95/m to $16/m, crazy. @Jord has your CloudLinux pricing changed?

edited April 2020

@LeonDynamic said:
    I got the same email from cPanel. Transferred my licences to different providers as the email said would be charged cPanel store pricing going forward. CloudLinux cost would have increased from $9.95/m to $16/m, crazy. @Jord has your CloudLinux pricing changed?

I'm guessing so, but mine says its cloudlinux plus cPanel which is rather strange as I haven't used it for about a year. I'm going to see who else offers it.

• @Jord
    Licensepal sells cloudlinux. Dont know if its any cheaper though.

• SaahibSaahib Host Rep, Veteran

Its not news but this type of consolidation is not healthy. What if cPanel parent company (with its big pocket) goes on buying everything related to hosting and then kaput them.

• @Saahib said:
    Its not news but this type of consolidation is not healthy. What if cPanel parent company (with its big pocket) goes on buying everything related to hosting and then kaput them.

Well they almost have done so.
    Solusvm
    Cpanel
    Plesk
    Whmcs.

They own the market and majority share.

• @Jord said:

@LeonDynamic said:
    I got the same email from cPanel. Transferred my licences to different providers as the email said would be charged cPanel store pricing going forward. CloudLinux cost would have increased from $9.95/m to $16/m, crazy. @Jord has your CloudLinux pricing changed?

I'm guessing so, but mine says its cloudlinux plus cPanel which is rather strange as I haven't used it for about a year. I'm going to see who else offers it.

It was rather confusing when I looked. They had CloudLinux with cPanel @$16/m, although when that one paid yearly works out at $12.50 and then another licence that just said CloudLinux which was $250/y

@seriesn said:

@Saahib said:

Solusvm
    Cpanel
    Plesk
    Whmcs.

I din't know about SolusVm.. so essentially anything which is popular in hosting industry is taken over by them ?

@Saahib said:

@seriesn said:

@Saahib said:

Solusvm
    Cpanel
    Plesk
    Whmcs.

I din't know about SolusVm.. so essentially anything which is popular in hosting industry is taken over by them ?

Yep sure is, SolusVM was bought by Plesk. So the owners of cPanel own quite a market share now.

I bet it won't be long before they probably buy Cloudlinux and Softaculous 😂

@Jord said:

Yep sure is, SolusVM was bought by Plesk. So the owners of cPanel own quite a market share now.

I bet it won't be long before they probably buy Cloudlinux and Softaculous 😂

The way Cloudlinux is now integral for shared hosting, you are right, it is going to be next victim.

• JamesFJamesF Member, Host Rep

Personally I’d say DA was next with CloudLinux....

• Is buycpanel shutting down completely?

I don't think we got an email from them.

I knew they had sold/been bought out by cPanel. We don't have any cPanel licenses with buycpanel any more. But we still have a few Softaculous licenses. Will we need to find a new place to buy those licenses?

• @WebProject said:
    I just discovered that buycpanel is closing business, all the cPanel licenses were migrated to cPanel and all non cPanel license customers need to find alternative license providers.

Personally never had anything official email notifications, but today I opened a billing department ticket regarding next invoices and had the following reply:

Please note, that BuycPanel.com will be going offline on April 30th. Please make the license purchases with one of those distributors that meets your needs.

This is really bad for their customers. But there are many other alternatives also.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran
    edited April 2020

@sparek said:
    Is buycpanel shutting down completely?

I don't think we got an email from them.

I knew they had sold/been bought out by cPanel. We don't have any cPanel licenses with buycpanel any more. But we still have a few Softaculous licenses. Will we need to find a new place to buy those licenses?

The same, I personally never had any official email about it, but all next invoices are stopped and to clarify the information I have asked about it and had the following reply:

All customer accounts and licenses will be or have been migrated to cPanel. Unsupported licenses like SolusVM will remain active through the end of the term.

• Wondering if they goofed and only wrote clients that had an active cPanel license? Basically assuming that all of their clients had at least one cPanel license with them.

The shutdown is not shocking to me. I was expecting something like this. But I was also kind of expecting an email from them. Not to simply learn about it from LET. Guess I would have figured it out when I went to pay any invoices next month.

• I got the email. At that time didn’t have any cPanel licences with them but have historically.