Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IS hostsolutions.ro down? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

IS hostsolutions.ro down?

Comments

• @Elmo said:
    I've lost connection to my storage VPS since last night (April 23rd, 22:35 UTC). It's been down since (the time now is April 24th, 08:50 UTC).

My NVMe server is up and running. Got no problems here, maybe there is a problem on your node. I think I had only one minor network outage/congestion in the last month

Thanked by 1RedSox
  • bdlbdl Member
    edited April 2020

@Elmo said:
    I've lost connection to my storage VPS since last night (April 23rd, 22:35 UTC). It's been down since (the time now is April 24th, 08:50 UTC).
    I use it for nightly backups so now I need to manually point the backup routine (quite a few servers) to a different host and start the backup.

My storage VPS has also been down, similar amount of time. I just opened a ticket and will wait to see what hostsolutions say...

• RedSoxRedSox Member
    edited April 2020

I'd like to see the HostSolutions' datacenter. Does anyone have its pictures?

• bdlbdl Member

@RedSox said:

Thanked by 3gregg Pwner Calin
  • donlidonli Member

@RedSox said:

Picture a warehouse filled with perfume bottles with some server racks in the back.

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • alvinalvin Member

@bdl said:

@Elmo said:
    I use it for nightly backups so now I need to manually point the backup routine (quite a few servers) to a different host and start the backup.

My storage VPS has also been down, similar amount of time. I just opened a ticket and will wait to see what hostsolutions say...

same , one of my vps has also been down.....

• @donli said:

@RedSox said:

Picture a warehouse filled with perfume bottles with some server racks in the back.

• I think this is the building. Not sure though, is this right @cociu ?

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

@debaser said:

I think this is the building. Not sure though, is this right @cociu ?

Where are the armed guards and attack pandas, sir?

• sisters are prem.

• @Jord said:

@debaser said:

I think they’re hiding in the truck.

• @default said:
    In Romania is declared a national emergency status, because of Covid 19. I guess this may also have an impact to workers in datacenters and networks.

@Jord said:

@debaser said:

I think a data center guard should be more sci-fi.

Thanked by 2Clouvider default
  • Riperoni my storage vps is down now too :( .. Please send panda nurses too hook a ventilator up too the dying node.

• my storage vps is down too.
    So I'm not the only one.
    Opened a ticket two days ago. no reply yet.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

These threads regarding HS's outage/downtime seems to be created every now and then.

Someone should pin one thread since another one is bound to be created in the weeks or months to come :joy:

Thanked by 1default
  • @badhon_raj said:
    my storage vps is down too.
    So I'm not the only one.
    Opened a ticket two days ago. no reply yet.

his sister will reply next week.

• ElmoElmo Member

Third day in a row with no service and no reply. I understand that things can go sideways but this kind of treatment reminds me of the problem I had with another host that vanished overnight. I don't think this is the case here because of well respected members, @MikePT who joined them sometime in January this year and of course @cociu . But I do think a response and an ETA would be appropriate.

Thanked by 2raynor MikePT
  • bdlbdl Member

They're back up now, they had a power outage. I had to log into the client portal and boot my service manually, but all good now!

Thanked by 1Elmo
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

As much I'd love to help you guys, bor8 was down due to a power outage in that particular node - the node did come up though it was stuck on boot.

Our apologies :(

@Elmo said:
    Third day in a row with no service and no reply. I understand that things can go sideways but this kind of treatment reminds me of the problem I had with another host that vanished overnight. I don't think this is the case here because of well respected members, @MikePT who joined them sometime in January this year and of course @cociu . But I do think a response and an ETA would be appropriate.

Thank you! <3

Thanked by 1terrahost

@thedp said:
    These threads regarding HS's outage/downtime seems to be created every now and then.

Someone should pin one thread since another one is bound to be created in the weeks or months to come :joy:

While I agree that there are problems that still need to be solved, mostly by Marius/Adrian, Hostsolutions have a bunch of nodes. This was an isolated event, sadly, a power outage. I've asked the team to investigate further.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@MikePT said:

@thedp said:

While I agree that there are problems that still need to be solved, mostly by Marius/Adrian, Hostsolutions have a bunch of nodes. This was an isolated event, sadly, a power outage. I've asked the team to investigate further.

Hey I’m pretty sure you’re doing your level best but issues are one thing, that’s somewhat unavoidable and yeah shit happens ☺️ But I think what needs to be worked on is communication, without a doubt.

Just my 2 cents.

Thanked by 2jsg MikePT
  • king8654king8654 Member
    edited April 2020

Not sure about you, but mine has been up for six hours. No complaints here lol

Honestly if I get 16 hours a day of uptime for permaseeding no real concern

• PHDanPHDan Member

MikePT said: This was an isolated event, sadly, a power outage.

Took out both the A and B sides? Or did the 10 year old 300W ATX power supply finally pop it's caps?

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@PHDan said:

Took out both the A and B sides? Or did the 10 year old 300W ATX power supply finally pop it's caps?

A power out on a node/dedi virtually always translates to "single power supply" - as opposed to 2+ power supplies.
    AFAIC that shouldn't happen even with cheap providers. But obviously and sadly it does happen that providers risk damage to their reputation to save peanuts on a power supply.

• A noob question - why didn't they realize it was stuck on boot sooner? Especially after people submitted tickets?

• dfroedfroe Member, Host Rep

@Unbelievable said:
    why didn't they realize it was stuck on boot sooner?

Most likely because of lacking proactive monitoring?
    Obviously a simple ping on the host node would have been sufficient, not even something fancy like a tiny monitoring guest VM.

Especially after people submitted tickets?

Maybe due to backlog?

@jsg said:
    providers risk damage to their reputation to save peanuts on a power supply.

Like above that's pure speculation but if you pay a few bucks for a bunch of old used servers in a certain configuration (with single psu), adding a second psu might not be cost-efficient in relation to the server costs.

Well, at least now you know who your LowEnd VPS neighbours are on the affected node. :D

@thedp said:

@MikePT said:

@thedp said:

Hey I’m pretty sure you’re doing your level best but issues are one thing, that’s somewhat unavoidable and yeah shit happens ☺️ But I think what needs to be worked on is communication, without a doubt.

Just my 2 cents.

Agreed!

@dfroe said:

@Unbelievable said:
    why didn't they realize it was stuck on boot sooner?

Most likely because of lacking proactive monitoring?
    Obviously a simple ping on the host node would have been sufficient, not even something fancy like a tiny monitoring guest VM.

Especially after people submitted tickets?

Maybe due to backlog?

@jsg said:
    providers risk damage to their reputation to save peanuts on a power supply.

Like above that's pure speculation but if you pay a few bucks for a bunch of old used servers in a certain configuration (with single psu), adding a second psu might not be cost-efficient in relation to the server costs.

Well, at least now you know who your LowEnd VPS neighbours are on the affected node. :D

I don't work in the weekend, so I could only catch up Monday.

The remaining tickets left open are waiting for Marius or Adrian.

• @jsg said:

@PHDan said:

A power out on a node/dedi virtually always translates to "single power supply" - as opposed to 2+ power supplies.
    AFAIC that shouldn't happen even with cheap providers. But obviously and sadly it does happen that providers risk damage to their reputation to save peanuts on a power supply.

He stated in an earlier thread, he pays $85 for a chassis, motherboard, and CPU.

• SkuraSkura Member

please close this thread