Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OpenVZ Web Panel - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OpenVZ Web Panel

2»

Comments

• drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep

clustering is supported and works well, you can put master on ruby host, then manage whatever node you wish...

Thanked by 2earl aglodek
  • ShawniShawni Member
    edited November 2013

It's not better than SolusVM and will never be :

First of all, SolusVM works on KVM/OpenVZ and Xen while OV Web Panel only work on OpenVZ.

Second of all, it has lot of bugs which i found last time i used it then moved to SolusVM. ( One of the bugs : Some virtual servers just stop working without any reason, it gave you no access over the broken server. )

Finally, features. SolusVM is profesional and it comes with lot of features and it has a great design unlike OV Web Panel. ( Just like reinstalling the VPS OS as a client, it's not possible on OV Web Panel. )

• drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep

it is realy hard to compare solusvm which is industry standard and ovz web panel which is open source project of one guy. As of openvz virtualisation ovz web panel is more than enough, lacks bw monitoring and console access, but it is free and stable as rock. I am running it on few nodes with no problem.

In this state ovz web panel will never beat solusvm in any aspect except price and maybe security as it is not very popular and hackers do not waste time on such projects.

Open source is in this story major benefit, as you can do whatever you want with code. if you know what to do.

Thanked by 1aglodek
  • I think they will implement bandwidth management in ver2.5, so probably next release

• Isn't bandwidth accounting also an issue with proxmox? Or it is WAS?

• smansman Member
    edited November 2013

@lukasubo said:
    https://code.google.com/p/ovz-web-panel/

This is WAY better that SolusVM. It's WAY more functional, it asks for the root password before reinstall for added security AND you can start/stop/reboot multiple servers at a time! It's amazing! Thanks, drservers !

{facepalm} Oh yea, It's WAY better, It's amazing! Roflmao.

• aglodekaglodek Member
    edited November 2013

@Shawni said: It's not better than SolusVM and will never be :
    First of all, SolusVM works on KVM/OpenVZ and Xen while OV Web Panel only work on OpenVZ.

All true, but isn't this a little like saying a truck is better than a Porsche, or vice versa? ;)

Second of all, it has lot of bugs which i found last time i used it then moved to SolusVM. ( One of the bugs : Some virtual servers just stop working without any reason, it gave you no access over the broken server. )

You mean, like it breaks down vzctl (command line), too?

Finally, features. SolusVM is profesional and it comes with lot of features and it has a great design unlike OV Web Panel. ( Just like reinstalling the VPS OS as a client, it's not possible on OV Web Panel. )

And you forgot to mention that, in addition to the admin and client CP's, SolusVM has a third component - the reseller CP. I doubt OWP has that. But who cares if it's for personal and not VPS hosting business purposes? Once again: truck vs. Porsche analogy ;)

EDIT: for VPS hosting business, I would go with SolusVM - hands down! - as backend to a proprietary CP, using their API.

Thanked by 1Shawni