Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Be aware of some guy called Hugh Rengers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Be aware of some guy called Hugh Rengers

So, this person called Hugh Rengers contacted me about my company and that he's willing to become my partner.

The email he sent:

Dear Sir,

Hello, the reason why im Contacting you today is because im interested in Helping/ Assisting your Company.  Are you in need of any New Staff from Australia, if so please read below:

My name is: Hugh Rengers || Age - 19 Yrs Old || Country: Brisbane, Australia || Im also a student and i currently not Employed. Anyway i Love Technology  and i have 5 yrs Experience and Knowledge in the Web Hosting Industry, this is a passion of mine, in 2011/2012 i owned some Web hosting company's, Quiet Successful  i know Servers, Web hosting, Linux, WHMCS extremely Well, i can Website Code in: HTML, JAVSCRIPT, PHP and Some Mysql, i also love Webhosting, Servers, Cpanel/ WHM and so much more. I have Great Ideas, i am Always Online my Iphone or Computer, i love assisting and Helping out, im a honest person, i hate Fighting, im Well Known in this Industry, i can get Great Deals on Servers, Web hosting  Domains ETC... I can do Technical Side Work, anything, i defently think i would be a Real assist too your company  your company looks great and that's why i am Contacting you, i also get along with people, i love resolving conflicts, i hate fighting. I would love to assist you, i know how this type of company is run, i know how to attract customers, i have really good ideas as-well. So umm yea mate, what more can i say. I was sales Staff in 2010 - 2012 for Zopim Live Chat, and i was Also Assisting WHMCS and Beta Testing for them As-well ;) I am also in great contact with data centers  Hosting company's and allot more. || Lastly, If you See my Facebook, Linkedin and Skype Profiles you will see that im Well Known also. So umm yea, what more can i say, your company looks really great, i would love assisting you, helping you out. Im also not here about the Money, i have a real passion for this type of work aswell, So umm yea. What more can i say and, . What do you think ?

I can be an all-rounder, also about Money/ Pay. I don't Care if its Commission Based or a salary, In fact you don't even have to pay me, payment is Optional, if you pay me that's a plus, i have a passion and love for this type of work. I am also a "" PLATINUM RE-SELLER "" for "- thesslstore.com || I can honestly offer you so much ;)

- i can Also send you, My Resume if requested, I will also be happy to Sign Legal paperwork/ NDA, Show my ID aswell,

Links:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HughyDEE123

Linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=242810403&trk=tab_pro

------------------------
Thank You,
Hugh Rengers
-------------------------

This already seems a bit suspicious doesn't it?

Now, let's get to the Skype conversation i've had with him

[12:11:06] Hugh Rengers: Ill point u in the Right Direction to get u an awsome Company, More Customers and More Profit
[12:11:15] !Wesley! - 24Dubstep.com: Sure
[12:11:50] Hugh Rengers: Also do u have FUNDS to support the Comapny
[12:11:58] Hugh Rengers: I have just emailled you ;)
[12:13:51] Hugh Rengers: ?
[12:14:25] !Wesley! - 24Dubstep.com: i'll think about it
[12:14:36] Hugh Rengers: ok
[12:14:42] Hugh Rengers: so how much money do u have
[12:14:50] Hugh Rengers: to invest in ur compANY
[12:15:36] Hugh Rengers: Well to have a Great Webhosting Comapny a good starting amount is $500 USD
[12:15:48] Hugh Rengers: anything Under - $300 USD though ur comapny Wont Last
[12:16:39] Hugh Rengers: well i have alot of experiencie in this industry
[12:16:46] Hugh Rengers: i know how to do it right
[12:16:58] Hugh Rengers: Webhosting industry is Very Big and aggressive
[12:17:05] Hugh Rengers: i can point u in the Right Direction
[12:17:07] Hugh Rengers: Help u out
[12:17:58] Hugh Rengers: I have been in the industry around 8+ Yrs now
[12:19:53] Hugh Rengers: so umm yea, how much do u have to invest in ur comapny. Give me a number ?
[12:20:50] Hugh Rengers: ?

--- I went for an nice lunch into town, after that i just gave him a random number of money i have to "invest" --------

[13:23:13] !Wesley! - 24Dubstep.com: I've got 2200 euros (around 2800-3000 USD) for IF something goes wrong etc
[13:27:08] Hugh Rengers: Ohh wow
[13:27:20] Hugh Rengers: man i reckon me and you would be an AWSOME team
[13:27:33] Hugh Rengers: have a Fucking Sweet as Comapny, if we Worked Together
[13:27:57] Hugh Rengers: Im in Aus your in Netherlands Perfec ;)
[13:27:59] Hugh Rengers: Perfect
[13:28:25] Hugh Rengers: I think i Should be ur partner man
[13:28:37] Hugh Rengers: What u think ?
[13:28:50] Hugh Rengers: ?
[13:29:13] !Wesley! - 24Dubstep.com:  don't think so
[13:29:20] Hugh Rengers: Why not man ?
[13:29:27] Hugh Rengers: Did u read my email ?
[13:29:29] !Wesley! - 24Dubstep.com: Coz i want to keep my company myself
[13:29:39] Hugh Rengers: damn it, come on man
[13:29:57] Hugh Rengers: Please ;(
[13:30:08] Hugh Rengers: You can get all Profit, i dont Mind ;)
[13:30:51] Hugh Rengers: please mate, come on

Do you know this person? Did he also contact your company?

Comments

• SaikuSaiku Member, Host Rep

l0l

• Yes, we know this guy. Just block him.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited November 2013

Just block him.

• Just got him to send me his drivers licence and address, drivers licence seems like a fake one (not 100% sure though it's issued in Australia)

He also told me that address he sent (photo of a phone bill) is his old one, and he typed his "new one" at skype

• for a job request he has made several spelling errors, not only that he's spotty as hell!

• IxamHostingIxamHosting Member
    edited November 2013

>

[02.02.2013 13:20:16] Hugh: hi

>

[02.02.2013 13:20:26] Ixam-Hosting Support: hi

>

[02.02.2013 13:20:37] Hugh: Hello, I just thought i would let you know that 4 Days ago i >had

>

a

>

Serious Weather Event, i had these things happern:

>

• Septic Tank Over Flowed

>

• Fridge Died

>

• Food Rotted, lost food

>

• Creek Swamped/ I got Flooded

>

• dam drinking water not safe to Drink

>

• Lost power for 72 Hours

>

• We also lost Phone Line and Internet, our internet is backup but phone line is stlll down.

>
    >

>
    >
    >

Anyway Look, i only have ($1.90) on my paypal, now i allready have WHMCS, SSL, SHARED

>

Hosting plus Doamin all from Diffrent Comapnys. Anyway, i saw you had deals on your

>

Reseller Hosting, and i really need RESELLER Hosting to make money. So could you possible

>

do me a 1 OFF, 1 TIME vwry special deal on your Reseller Hosting, come on since im a new

>

customer and all plus your website looks Professiaonl and amazing. What do you think ?

>

I just want to earn a bit of money, please will you help me....

>
    >

[02.02.2013 13:21:31] Hugh: ?

>

-

Just found this on my Skype again.

• "Diffrent Comapnys" "Doamin" "vwry" < Explains it all.

• Block the guy.

He added me on skype and he's applying for a technical support spot. He seems fishy and afair he told me he's from the USA

• @FrapHost said:
    Block the guy.

He added me on skype and he's applying for a technical support spot. He seems fishy and afair he told me he's from the USA

Seems like he's lying to me.. He told me he only contacted 2 company's (Ixam-Hosting and mine)

• LeeLee Veteran

Hugh has been about for must be 5-6 years now. I am surprised he is still alive given the amount of cancer, tumours, 18th/19th Birthdays and so on that he has had.

• TarZZ92 said: "Diffrent Comapnys" "Doamin" "vwry" < Explains it all.

Are you thinking it's just sloppy, or that it's just him avoiding spam filters...

• Good ol' Hugh

• GaNiGaNi Member
    edited November 2013

hmm...

• jhjh Member
    1. Try to avoid using Skype for work
    2. If something looks fishy just say no
  • Not worth the time. Not even worth this thread, seriously, but thanks for spreading the word.

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

Is his skype hugh-lock ?
    I have him :D

• Hugh contacted me for some web design work but it didn't end up working out. (I wanted 100% upfront because it seemed a bit suspicious)
    It was for his new site: hostgladiators.com

• Is this Huon Lock? Australia, similar name. http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1139031

• Yes, that looks like the same guy. I was just trying to remember what his name was

• Thanks for the warning, I've been wondering about this guy too..

• Just block it, this son has contacted us few month ago and we rejected to hire for our support team. We curious when he try to spamming with a lot conversation that look like drunk people which too much drink. He tell us also wanna reporting our company to international court just because we rejected with the reason "not qualified"

• This is hilarious! :D

• @eric1212 said:
    Hugh contacted me for some web design work but it didn't end up working out. (I wanted 100% upfront because it seemed a bit suspicious)
    It was for his new site: hostgladiators.com

Which is not up... LOL.

• @HC_Ro said:
    Is this Huon Lock? Australia, similar name.

Yes he is, his drivers licence says Huon Lockhart Rengers

• drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep

so what does he want ? job ?

• BlazeMuisBlazeMuis Member
    edited November 2013

@drserver said:
    so what does he want ? job ?

Well, with me, he wanted to be a partner

This is his Skype status

• drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep

OMG

• HassanHassan Member, Patron Provider

This is hilarious.

• SaikuSaiku Member, Host Rep

probably he wants access to solusvm/whmcs and add his own personal account with $9000 store credit and use it for his own vps.