Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Seeking Interesting LEB Offers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Seeking Interesting LEB Offers

jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

Hi Everyone,

As you may have noticed there has been lots of change around here the past couple weeks.

Part of that change has included giving Low End Box some badly needed love and attention. I've touched every single offer submission going back the past two years and have cleared the deck.

I invite any host interested in presenting a unique offer to be published on Low End Box to do so now at our LEB help desk.

You won't be ignored.

Please take the time needed to write up a quality submission. Quality sells. And our community members want great service at a good price from competent hosts.

Looking forward to seeing the submissions.

Thanks everyone

Thanked by 1SCAM_DONT_BUY

Comments

• Post some offers that don't have unsustainable prices, that would be interesting.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

Well that's why I'm here looking for offers my friend. :)

• Why not go and ask LEB and leave us enlightened souls alone?!
    Keep the scams over there.
    Shit: I must be confusing you with someone who promised change.

• It'd be fine if you post only offers from people with name and surname, with an office on earth, with a phone number and in business for more than 24 months, but probably mostly we will see services from companies born a few months ago, which have grabbed a domain that a couple of years ago belonged to a host, currently a serious host I don't think that it wants to be associated with LEB after all that has happened.

ScienceOnline said: It'd be fine if you post only offers from people with name and surname, with an office on earth, with a phone number and in business for more than 24 months, but probably mostly we will see services from companies born a few months ago, which have grabbed a domain that a couple of years ago belonged to a host, currently a serious host I don't think that it wants to be associated with LEB after all that has happened.

I am actively reaching out to large established providers to submit offers to LEB. So working that angle too. I def hear where you are coming from.

• @jbiloh said:

ScienceOnline said: It'd be fine if you post only offers from people with name and surname, with an office on earth, with a phone number and in business for more than 24 months, but probably mostly we will see services from companies born a few months ago, which have grabbed a domain that a couple of years ago belonged to a host, currently a serious host I don't think that it wants to be associated with LEB after all that has happened.

I am actively reaching out to large established providers to submit offers to LEB. So working that angle too. I def hear where you are coming from.

And do you think these established providers wants to be associated with the reputation of scammy money grabbing Low End Box?

That's not how to turn around a toxic brand image.

• @4d4m said:
    Post some offers that don't have unsustainable prices, that would be interesting.

I agree, but that's a tough one in a "lowend" blog.

• Run

(Comment too short)

• LEB is only a useful list for what NOT to buy. It is now a blacklist. @SCAM_DONT_BUY

Thanked by 2t0m KermEd
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@poisson said:
    LEB is only a useful list for what NOT to buy. It is now a blacklist. @SCAM_DONT_BUY

LowEndBlacklist

Thanked by 1t0m

@Synatiq said:

@4d4m said:
    Post some offers that don't have unsustainable prices, that would be interesting.

The price tiers do enable sustainable offers, folks just have to be realistic about how much resource a couple bucks a month can buy. There are real underlying costs associated with providing hosting after all.

Thanked by 24d4m TimboJones
  • BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

@jbiloh said:

@Synatiq said:

@4d4m said:

The price tiers do enable sustainable offers, folks just have to be realistic about how much resource a couple bucks a month can buy. There are real underlying costs associated with providing hosting after all.

I see it in this way:

Companies posting offers on LEB are mostly new/young companies who want name/fame and some clients in the start. If you compare this to an actual startup, they offer discounts, coupons, etc. to attract new potential customers.

Once the customer has tried the service (and is happy - important!) then the host/company should discontinue posting on LEB or at least do not rely on LEB to gain new customers unless it's BF/CM or any other similar offer/festival coming nearby.

The hosting company should realise that the offers on LEB will definitely be a loss leader type of product/service and the only leverage is that they can hope that the customers these offers bring in can convert into profitable/sustainable clients in near future - assuming they are happy with the loss-making product/services and they signup with more products/services (which are not posted on LEB).

(Note: I haven't slept from past 24 hours, excuse me for my thoughts)

Thanked by 1marvel
  • @jbiloh said:

@Synatiq said:

@4d4m said:

You mean, exactly what the community has been saying for years now, while ColoCrossing employees kept posting unsustainable shits?

It is not up to the reader of LEB to figure out whether an offer is sustainable, especially if ALL OF THE PROVIDERS on LEB are hosted on CC-infra. CC could've figured out for themselves whether the offers THEY (YOU) posted were sustainable given that YOU also know what pricing the client is paying YOU per month.

Dont try to weasel and somehow make this into a "clients have unrealistic expectations" thing. It was YOU who posted the offers which were hosted off of YOUR infra. Dont you fucking dare.

edited February 2020

@teamacc said:

@jbiloh said:

@Synatiq said:

@4d4m said:

You mean, exactly what the community has been saying for years now, while ColoCrossing employees kept posting unsustainable shits?

It is not up to the reader of LEB to figure out whether an offer is sustainable, especially if ALL OF THE PROVIDERS on LEB are hosted on CC-infra. CC could've figured out for themselves whether the offers THEY (YOU) posted were sustainable given that YOU also know what pricing the client is paying YOU per month.

Dont try to weasel and somehow make this into a "clients have unrealistic expectations" thing. It was YOU who posted the offers which were hosted off of YOUR infra. Dont you fucking dare.

We are not an insurance provider, so we cannot guarantee the continued performance and viability of hosting providers.

Plenty of providers, big and small utilize loss leaders to gain customers with the hope that a significant percentage upgrade into profitable products. The largest hosts in the world even do this, by the way.

Yes there have been plenty of failures of hosts feature on low end box just as there have been many, many successes.

You (@teamacc) point to me as having caused failures in the industry or having been some how complicit in expected failures. What I say to that is that while I owned ColoCrossing none of our brands failed, we stepped in when our customers had finial distress either providing credit terms at our risk or acquiring the brand and thus providing the end users with every dollar of value they paid for and then some. ColoCrossing through its parent has been in business since 2003 and while it hasn't been perfect I am very proud of the company we built, solutions we created, customers we served, employees who contributed and the datacenters we operated.

Is the market constantly driving to receive more service for less money, especially in the technology and more specifically, the hosting industry? The answer is yes. Is that solely because of Low End Box, or any other single source? Certainly not. I'd say Moore's Law has more to do with it than anything.

Thanked by 1SCAM_DONT_BUY
  • @jbiloh said:

@teamacc said:

@jbiloh said:

@Synatiq said:

@4d4m said:

We are not an insurance provider, so we cannot guarantee the continued performance and viability of hosting providers.

Plenty of providers, big and small utilize loss leaders to gain customers with the hope that a significant percentage upgrade into profitable products. The largest hosts in the world even do this, by the way.

Yes there have been plenty of failures of hosts feature on low end box just as there have been many, many successes.

You (@teamacc) point to me as having caused failures in the industry or having been some how complicit in expected failures. What I say to that is that while I owned ColoCrossing none of our brands failed, we stepped in when our customers had finial distress either providing credit terms at our risk or acquiring the brand and thus providing the end users with every dollar of value they paid for and then some. ColoCrossing through its parent has been in business since 2003 and while it hasn't Eben perfect I am very proud of the company we built, solutions we created, customers we served, employees who contributed and the datacenters we operated.

Is the market constantly driving to receive more service for less money, especially in the technology and more specifically, the hosting industry? The answer is yes. Is that solely because of Low End Box, or any other single source? Certainly not. I'd say Moore's Law has more to do with it than anything.

It was due to cpanel license pricing increasing. A price you calculate for your resellers.

I had alerted chris to this back in July 2019, over discord. He told me he was aware and had sent it up the deluxe chain. No action was taken and according to chris "nothing has come down for corporate yet, I asked about it and we have not made any decisions to change price" and "they are not aware of any price hikes, so why wouldnt they sell as normal?"

Then, in december 2019, all hosts fell over due to increased cpanel pricing, now being calculated by you to your resellers.

Meanwhile, you allowed these hosts to continue advertising unlimited cpanel accounts on LEB, while KNOWING a price increase would be imminent.

So yes, you had a big hand in making the hosts go boom.

Not to mention you MUST have known that all 25+ brands were owned by a single party.

Hi Guys,

We've received a number of good submissions over night, thank you for that!

Looking for another 10-15, so please keep them coming.

Thank you!

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor
    edited February 2020

Since you're being ohh so transparent now and answering all our questions, who was the content writer during the few months that the one individual's companies (the ones that went broke) were advertised in succession? Was it you?

• He will only answer stuff that makes him look good.

Thanked by 2MasonR bugrakoc
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Aren’t there plenty of offers on LET already that could be converted to the LEB posts? Since the LEB posts are auto-posted to LET this seems like a no brainer to me

• Honestly @jbiloh, pick unique offers from let offer section and post on leb :). Would be a better option and kinda brings the old LEA vibe back .

Thanked by 1boernd
    edited February 2020

@Clouvider said:
    Aren’t there plenty of offers on LET already that could be converted to the LEB posts? Since the LEB posts are auto-posted to LET this seems like a no brainer to me

Very good idea.

@seriesn said:
    Honestly @jbiloh, pick unique offers from let offer section and post on leb :). Would be a better option and kinda brings the old LEA vibe back .

Agreed, good idea.

MasonR said: Since you're being ohh so transparent now and answering all our questions, who was the content writer during the few months that the one individual's companies (the ones that went broke) were advertised in succession? Was it you?

Think it was a couple different folks but I am not sure. I've been pretty disconnected from LEB and LET the past 18 months. This changed a few weeks ago when I took over the websites.

poisson said: He will only answer stuff that makes him look good.

That is certainly not true my friend! I've made effort to address every question posed to me (at least the ones that are not intended to be insults. See the "What do you want to see on LEB? thread for examples of this recently.)

• GanonkGanonk Member
    edited February 2020

@thedp said:

LowEndBlacklist

LowEndBullsh!t

LOL

• @uptime What was the host you always advertise? The $7 VPS one? I cant find the link.

• I hear @HostDoc and @DewlanceVPS got some good deals

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@dedotatedwam said:
    I hear @HostDoc

Deal of the Dead

• @somik said:
    @uptime What was the host you always advertise? The $7 VPS one? I cant find the link.

fully managed ok!

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3082294/#Comment_3082294

Thanked by 1somik
  • @jbiloh said:
    That is certainly not true my friend! I've made effort to address every question posed to me (at least the ones that are not intended to be insults. See the "What do you want to see on LEB? thread for examples of this recently.)

Thanks for trying, but at this point, I don't think "friend" describes the relationship you have with most of the active members of the community until you are prepared to be forthcoming with all the questions that have been asked about LET/LEB and CC in the last couple of years. If you want to move forward, then you need to address these questions once and for all.

Thanked by 1bugrakoc
  • Uhm, no, please don't just copy LET offers onto LEB. Many providers don't WANT to be on LEB. And people like me will blacklist them assuming that means they are about to Deadpool.

I'm still of the belief that you actively conspired with a scammer with the intent to profit off the 25 fake companies. It's the only plausible explanation at this point.

Now, you lost 25 'clients', so you came here desperately trying to find a way to get more. You made your bed... So to speak.

Thanked by 1jamuja
  • joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider
    edited February 2020

@jbiloh said:

@teamacc said:

@jbiloh said:

@Synatiq said:

@4d4m said:

You (@teamacc) point to me as having caused failures in the industry or having been some how complicit in expected failures. What I say to that is that while I owned ColoCrossing none of our brands failed, we stepped in when our customers had finial distress either providing credit terms at our risk or acquiring the brand and thus providing the end users with every dollar of value they paid for and then some. ColoCrossing through its parent has been in business since 2003 and while it hasn't been perfect I am very proud of the company we built, solutions we created, customers we served, employees who contributed and the datacenters we operated.

Do yourself a favor and don't go down the "ColoCrossing did nothing wrong" path. No one here is buying it, and all it's doing is throwing away the little bit of goodwill you might still be getting from people here.

The reality is that the race-to-the-bottom in specs-per-dollar was started many years ago by ChicagoVPS/BuffaloVPS, a ColoCrossing enterprise, throwing around piles of RAM for peanuts. I was there when it happened. This problem didn't exist in the LEB/LET community prior to CC's marketing strategy.

The fault doesn't lie with either "the market" or Moore's law, given that both were around prior to CC's shenanigans and didn't cause this issue.

Edit: To clarify: yes, prior to CC there were unsustainable offers at times. The difference is that they didn't try to flood the market, and didn't drag the rest of the industry down with it. They came, went, got called a summerhost, and forgotten. They didn't try to essentially capture the market like CC did.

@joepie91 there is no question that ChicagoVPS/etc moved the market. I agree with you.