Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LEB review series - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LEB review series

1235»

Comments

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@MasonR said:
    Delinquent Hosting

I like this one.

Thanked by 2uptime skorous
  • Speaking of Frequent ...

@teamacc said:
    Im breaking this discussion to bring you a 4-panel story.

Panel 1 is titled: The LEB rules

Panel 2 is titled: The LEB offer

Panel 3 is titled: The LEB betrayal:

Panel 4 is titled: The LEB betrayal Reloaded:

Let me ask you this question then: What good are rules on LEB if the offers posted on LEB are not properly santized to comply to these rules?

A simple WHOIS lookup before posting an offer shouldn't break the bank right @jbiloh ?

Edit: The whois is actually public on their main site, yet on their billing area they're using a different domain, with private WHOIS.

Anyway, a 1 usd/month plan from a 3 month old provider (with an ipv4 included) seems like a good way to NOT get service in a few months.

I am not saying this will happen, but the offer seems quite unreasonably cheap, especially when factoring in the cost of the ipv4.

Furthermore, their client area is currently "under maintenance" so they can "focus on replying to tickets from clients". Too bad the clients themselves cannot log into the client area to submit such tickets. Derp.

• Please read the edit. I did a bit of a misdirect on myself.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • But who will review the Reviewers ...?

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@jbiloh

If you are really serious, then please, do us - and yourself! - a favour and clean up some of the sh_t we, the community dislike and also tell your content writer about the rules and that, yes, they are not meant to be a joke.

It seems your way of following your list of priorities finds very little acceptance here. Also, kindly note that any communication between you and us will be hampered by a lack of trust, no matter your good will.
    Once we see real and tangible results trust can start to grow and communication might lead somewhere.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • marvelmarvel Member
    edited February 2020

Frequentnetworks. I've been checking out their website and perhaps I'm blind but I can't find an address or phone number anywhere. That alone should make people very suscpious. Also the fake sold out on the large plan and the broken facebook link.

Having decent, easy to find and verifyable company & address information should be one rule to be allowed to post on LEB. Together with a public whos will probably filter out 99% of the scam hosts.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • emgemg Veteran

Hey @jbiloh!

That went well, didn't it? Just as you expected.

• Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@jsg said:
    @jbiloh

If you are really serious, then please, do us - and yourself! - a favour and clean up some of the sh_t we, the community dislike and also tell your content writer about the rules and that, yes, they are not meant to be a joke.

It seems your way of following your list of priorities finds very little acceptance here. Also, kindly note that any communication between you and us will be hampered by a lack of trust, no matter your good will.
    Once we see real and tangible results trust can start to grow and communication might lead somewhere.

Thanks for your feedback.

I've discussed the rules with the writer and things should get better there.

I'm traveling for work the next few days but once I'm home on Saturday I'm going to review all the offers that are drafted and already posted and clean them up so they completely conform to the rules.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@emg said:
    Hey @jbiloh!

That went well, didn't it? Just as you expected.

There's certainly a few people who enjoy throwing rocks, but that's how it goes. I'm listening to all the feedback and certainly taking the well written pieces under consideration.

• emgemg Veteran

Thanks for the reply. I hope it results in real improvement at LEB.

Sadly, the best predictor of future behavior is past behavior. Watching with interest.