Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LEB review series - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LEB review series

Comments

• marvelmarvel Member
    edited February 2020

@teamacc You're a bit late to join the party but thanks (I guess :smiley:).

You're right about the name btw, that's why I moved on to other domains. You wouldn't believe I payed like $2400 for that autovm.com domain :expressionless:

Maybe I can sell it to autovm.net or somebody here wants to make an offer :wink:

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@marvel $2400??? :|

• @thedp said:

TheaDP! The Domainer!

• marvelmarvel Member
    edited February 2020

@thedp said:

In fact I just checked it was $3,295.00 with hugedomains.com.

Oh well learning money I guess...It was a business investement anyway, otherwise it would go to taxes so :blush:

Thanked by 1uptime
  • Bless your heart @marvel you are truly the soul of LEB

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Dude, saying that you paid 2 and half grand for a domain will make some of lowend people here cum.

Some people here go nuts for 2 bucks. 2 grand? Enough to make them to have violent spasms.

Thanked by 1marvel
  • @thedp said:

@jbiloh said:
    @jamuja I am glad to hear that you've enjoyed your time on low end talk and my hope is that over time you'll feel the same way about low end box.

Whenever a host fails its usually bad for customers. I am going to step up scrutiny of hosts looking to be posted on low end box along with participation and cooperation from low end talk community members. The hope and expectation is that we'll be able to minimize future repeats of past failures.

I'll give you the benefit of doubt.
    Address the questions that's raised by the community in this thread and the other thread.
    Answer them with real answer,not marketing slang BS.

Otherwise you come off as like someone who just caught red handed holding steam hot pile of shit that's Low End Box.
    If you really want to turn around LEB / colocrossing brand, you have an uphill battle. Most people I know associate Low End Box with money grabbing scam sponsored by yours truly colocrossing.
    There are literally hundreds posts of people losing money by the scam on Low End Box.
    Read here for your free Netflix alternative.

If there's provider out there, who in their right mind wants to advertise VPS on Low End Box and be grouped together associated with money grabbing scam that's plaque the reputation for years.

Good luck with your job.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited February 2020

@jamuja thanks we appreciate that positive feedback. You are so articulate! As you must know by now, these issues are being addressed by the team every minute of every day because we really do care. Changes are coming, all over your face! :smiley:

• @uptime said:
    @jamuja thanks we appreciate that positive feedback. You are so articulate! As you must know by now, these issues are being addressed by the team every minute of every day because we really do care. Changes are coming, all over your face! :smiley:

I'm guessing this is going to end up like the other guy Chris (?)
    Who promised changes are coming and never follow up with any update.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@jamuja said:

Same script, different cast.

• @thedp said:

@jamuja said:

Same script, different cast.

No man, a bit different script. For one they don't promise ipv6 is coming soon.

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited February 2020

I am just amazed by the galaxy-brain level of thinking that's gone into this whole deal ...

Inviting "reviews" of a long-running and painfully obvious scam definitely is going to turn this whole thing around now :pensive:

I am impress!

• I don't think the goal is to turn around LEB.
    I think it's to make an appearance, and be able to say to upper management that he "energize/revitalize/rejuvenate/reboot synergize" LEB brand name and engaged LET community.
    Or some similar bullshit talk like that.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • LeeLee Veteran
    edited February 2020

Never gets old. Someone paying the same person on Fiver that you paid for a good review to write a bad one, priceless.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • Awww

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited February 2020

@jamuja said:
    [...] make an appearance, and be able to say to upper management that he "energize / revitalize / rejuvenate / reboot synergize" LEB brand name and engaged LET community.
    Or some similar bullshit talk like that.

I dunno but if I had to guess ... I reckon dude has been sniffing his own farts for long enough to actually believe there's still enough juice left in the old potatoe to brew one last batch of that good old Buffaloe bullshit moonshine magic. And they may or may not be right about that - to say there is a sucker born every minute is a bit of an understatement.

I suspect Deluxe really is done with this penny-ante punkery though - they've got bigger frogs to fry ... But there's still a deep bench of grifters from the shallow end of the scum-pond for @jbiloh to work with - the Alpha Woot crew and any number of pissant cutouts. We might be watching them flop around for a while as the pond dries up (if it ever does) - I do hope at least LET will eventually come out the other side of this reign of error but ... wouldn't bet on it at this point.

Thanked by 2dahartigan poisson
  • Honestly, guys why do we even bother to comment on this? We all know the upshot of all these changes by now.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • LeeLee Veteran

@saibal said:
    Honestly, guys why do we even bother to comment on this? We all know the upshot of all these changes by now.

Shits and giggles, it's all about the shits and giggles!

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited February 2020

@saibal said: [y tho?]

Ours is not to reason why; ours is but to shitpost until we get banned

I came here to kick ass and buy cheap vps ... And I'm all out of cheap vps! :scream:

Thanked by 2saibal dahartigan
  • uptime said: shitpost until we get banned

uptime said: I'm all out of cheap vps!

Looking for managed ones? They're not cheap but can certainly get you banned :trollface:

Thanked by 2uptime AlwaysSkint
  • I am flag you off topic

spamer!

Thanked by 1saibal
  • hzrhzr Member
    edited February 2020

I'm fairly confident that the banned account 'autovm' is not marvel.

saibal said: Honestly, guys why do we even bother to comment on this? We all know the upshot of all these changes by now.

At the very least there are more ads removed.

• There's ads on this website?

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint
  • jamuja said: There's ads on this website?

I only see the LEB ones. ;)

• @AlwaysSkint said:

jamuja said: There's ads on this website?

I only see the LEB ones. ;)

I don't even see those anymore. the Ads might be disappearing but the trackers remain. Eight to be exact and they can kiss my ass also.

• here's another "fun" one recently featured on LEB: Prequent Hosting

Recently cPanel increased their pricing. But Prequent Hosting didn’t. They are still providing unlimited cPanel acc/s with our regular packages. Clients can renew their service without paying Prequent for extra cPanel acc pricing. Or, they won’t charge them for the limits of higher cPanel acc.

but wait there's more:

Be delivering great value against consumers money, Prequent is working to emerge as a renown brand in the web hosting industry. By 2025 the company has planned to launched localized version of services in different countries once the brand is established.

smells like some reall high quality potassium there, I dunno.

@dahartigan just $10 per month gets you in the door ...

• Isn't this a big opportunity: write a review "don't buy" and get paid for it?

Thanked by 1uptime
  • There's Frequent Hosting and then there's Prequent Hosting. Any guesses for the next one?

Thanked by 1uptime
  • MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

Delinquent Hosting

Thanked by 3DP maverickp seriesn
  • Srequent Posting ...?

Anyhoo ...
    Potatoe, Banana