Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

hostdoc is closing - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

hostdoc is closing

12346»

Comments

• AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited February 2020

Let's try this again..

AuroraZ said: .. people don't/won't use their brains

https://www.merriam-webster.com/words-at-play/when-to-use-then-and-than

• @AlwaysSkint said:
    Let's try this again..

AuroraZ said: .. people don't/won't use their brains

https://www.merriam-webster.com/words-at-play/when-to-use-then-and-than

Oh, you got to bold the "then" word to make it obvious what you're pointing out. Sometimes the brain lets things like that go to better comprehend the material without having to stop and "wtf did I just read?" frequently. Honestly, I don't know how you don't self combust around a cociu post.

• TimboJones said: Honestly, I don't know how you don't self combust around a cociu post

Heh, at least he has an excuse. ;)

• @AlwaysSkint said:

TimboJones said: Honestly, I don't know how you don't self combust around a cociu post

Heh, at least he has an excuse. ;)

I do as well I Don't Give A F*ck, never have never will. So when you think about this and that, think whether I care because honestly I do not.

Have fun all and remember the force be with you.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • This forum is starting to be hostdoctalk, someone should start a site instead. I mourn those who went to the doc though and got dried with no dextrox. Goodluck!

Thanked by 1gazmull
  • MechanicWebMechanicWeb Member, Patron Provider
    edited February 2020

bikegremlin said: personal experience

That's a very broad term, leaves almost nothing to exclude.

Nothing beats a first hand experience. A provider needs to develop better understanding with their clients to provide better services. It is the same for a client, too. A client needs to develop better understanding with a provider to get a better service. Making contact with the provider first hand accelerates this process.

riot said: This is my point: how TF can customers know whether they could, would, or should sell a service for the price that is being offered?

Would you sell your house for 10 bucks?

Or, would you help another person 24/7 for 1 buck a month?

That's how you know.

If you don't know the answer to those questions, I do not have a suggestion for you.

riot said: Care to start everyone off with a few possible pre-sales questions and answers that would help customers to avoid being caught up in fiascos such as these?

Unfortunately, there is no QA list. A lot depends on how a provider approaches a client and a client approaches a provider. You can't list that in an universal QA list.

Maybe start with a greetings, say that you need a hosting but don't know what else you need.

Or, state your requirements if you know it, even though they are listed on the website.

Then see how the provider responds.

It's basic human to human conversation. You get an idea how the other person might be after a few words.

• @MechanicWeb said:

riot said: This is my point: how TF can customers know whether they could, would, or should sell a service for the price that is being offered?

That's how you know.

What you are saying is that everyone should know how to run a hosting business and how much it costs to do so before ordering services. I say that is crap.

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@riot said:

@MechanicWeb said:

That's how you know.

What you are saying is that everyone should know how to run a hosting business and how much it costs to do so before ordering services. I say that is crap.

No, but be reasonable.

Thanked by 1MechanicWeb
  • @Clouvider said:
    No, but be reasonable.

Perhaps we could get a bit of reasonableness from both sides. There's a handful of people that are victim blaming, and that is why I'm even making these posts.

Perhaps the new LET meme should be "Is this offer sustainable?" ;)

Anyway, I think everyone gets the point, so there's no point in agonising over it.

riot said: There's a handful of people that are victim blaming

Nobody is doing that.

Perhaps we could get a bit of reasonableness from both sides.

That's exactly what I said. Responsibility lies on both parties. If you are jumping into a pit fire, and nobody is stopping you, nobody is to blame. If you demand that somebody else is to take responsibility or things you do, or do the things for your own benefit, you can do that too.

it's your right to do whatever you want to do. You just need to responsible at that.

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited February 2020

MechanicWeb said: Responsibility lies on both parties

What? For him rage quitting then screwing over customers and upstreams there is a responsibility on both sides, ok.

• @MechanicWeb said:

riot said: There's a handful of people that are victim blaming

Nobody is doing that.

Yes, there is. It's the "you should know better these aren't sustainable..." and the "you get what you pay for" posts.

Lee said: ok.

Perhaps, take another look at my posts?

I was commenting based on my previous posts here. You might have gotten me wrong.

Thanked by 1Lee