Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What do you want to see on LEB? - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What do you want to see on LEB?

Comments

• Add a way to filter stuff on leb by the number of years that said provider has been in business/advertising on leb.

• CConnerCConner Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2020

I think we can all agree that it's probably a better investment to just leave this site and migrate to something like hostedtalk.net / hostballs.com. It will only get worse as long as we have to deal with shit like CC selling our data just to squeeze a couple pennies out of LET. What's next?

The situation will never change and this post was purely made to buy some more time and patience.

• deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited February 2020

Yeah, LET is lost.

Things have been getting quieter progressively. It won't be long before there are just bots and PMS-ridden kids complaining.

• deank said: just bots and PMS-ridden kids complaining.

So, which one are you?

Whichever floats your goat, m'lord.

• Following this. Too busy these days to post a longer statement though. If you, @jbiloh , want to change LEB for the better the only way to go is not only to listen to the feedback but also apply it. Don't just ask for what the community wants, apply it. Perhaps even give some Mods here free reign. They've been part of this community for a fair share of time and probably know better what the community wants and what LET/LEB needs.

I'll leave you with this quote from Dale Carnegie's "How to win friends and influence people":

Personally I am very fond of strawberries and cream, but I have found that for some strange reason, fish prefer worms. So when I went fishing, I didn’t think about what I wanted. I thought about what they wanted. I didn't bait the hook with strawberries and cream. Rather, I dangled a worm or grasshopper in front of the fish and said: "Wouldn't you like to have that?"
    Why not use the same common sense when fishing for people?

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

CConner said: I think we can all agree that it's probably a better investment to just leave this site and migrate to something like hostedtalk.net / hostballs.com. It will only get worse as long as we have to deal with shit like CC selling our data just to squeeze a couple pennies out of LET. What's next?

The situation will never change and this post was purely made to buy some more time and patience.

I believe you may have missed important parts of this post. Low End Box and Low End Talk are no longer owned by ColoCrossing or Deluxe.

deank said: Yeah, LET is lost.

Things have been getting quieter progressively. It won't be long before there are just bots and PMS-ridden kids complaining.

Working to fix that my friend.

Ympker said: Following this. Too busy these days to post a longer statement though. If you, @jbiloh , want to change LEB for the better the only way to go is not only to listen to the feedback but also apply it. Don't just ask for what the community wants, apply it. Perhaps even give some Mods here free reign. They've been part of this community for a fair share of time and probably know better what the community wants and what LET/LEB needs.

Definitely listening. We've already made a bunch of changes the past week to clean things up and fix things in the back end. The next goal is to make front end, policy, rule, and other changes for the better.

Thanked by 1MechKing
  • It seems like the same people behind the CC/Deluxe scam operations are trying to "fix" the problem they created? Sounds like the local mafia after terrorising the local populace for years suddenly putting on police uniforms and saying hey, from now on, we are going to ensure proper law and order.

@jbiloh taking pains to remind people that LET and LEB isn't part of CC/Deluxe merely reinforces the view that he was royally screwed by Deluxe after its acquisition of the scammy CC for non-disclosure of its scammy operations.

Like I said, hand LET back to the community and things may improve. The internet and trolls do not forget.

• Going to tag arguably the most qualified person to comment on the situation @SCAM_DONT_BUY

Thanked by 1james50a

poisson said: It seems like the same people behind the CC/Deluxe scam operations are trying to "fix" the problem they created? Sounds like the local mafia after terrorising the local populace for years suddenly putting on police uniforms and saying hey, from now on, we are going to ensure proper law and order.

You are entitled to your opinion.

I am going to stay focused on listening to feedback and implementing fixes and improvements to make LEB and LET the best platform possible.

poisson said: @jbiloh taking pains to remind people that LET and LEB isn't part of CC/Deluxe merely reinforces the view that he was royally screwed by Deluxe after its acquisition of the scammy CC for non-disclosure of its scammy operations.

I talk about CC/Deluxe not owning LEB/LET because now, for the first time in a long time, it is not owned by a company with a vested interest in hosting. That's all.

• @jbiloh can you please tell me who owns LEB and LET now? I missed that. If this is something clean it should be clear, in the footer I still see VSNX and a delux link. For the improvement part if I was the boss I'd try to change the people, if you and fabozzi have brought LEB to have a very bad reputation I would try someone else, you have been going on for years and years, I don't think you can have room for improvement.

ScienceOnline said: @jbiloh can you please tell me who owns LEB and LET now?

Me.

ScienceOnline said: If this is something clean it should be clear, in the footer I still see VSNX and a delux link.

This will be changed in the next couple days once we are finished moving LEB and LET to a new hosting platform.

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker
    edited February 2020

@jbiloh

As I told you it's about trust. From what I know your name has been intimately linked to LET and LEB since a long time, a time well noted that wasn't good for LET (can't say much re. LEB because I'm not interested in it). For a significant part of that time, 'jbiloh' was also linked to 'Deluxe' who created immense damage at LET.

It's not enough to just say "LET/LEB is now owned by me, jbiloh" because your name (for us) is not positively associated. Please note that my intention is not to scold you. It is to point at a major problem.

One factor seems to have been pretty constant all those years: you, CC, Deluxe didn't care at all about us and about our admins and mods. From time to time it pleased you to create the impression that you did care - but there never came anything of it.

I strongly advise you to turn that around, and the only way to do that is to implement, to actually do what the community and our admins and mods want. If people see that the king who never cared about them but simply reigned from above and utterly ignored their wishes actually and really changed they will increasingly gain some trust.

Example: it has been made abundantly clear to you that most LETters despise LEB and in particularly LET being abused for LEB advertisements. So, take down the big fat "latest LEB offers" spam box on our front page. That's not very complicated, that's not something you need high end experts to do. It's simple. So,** just do it!**, give us something real, not just talk. It's not talk that creates trust, it's actions and actions only.

• @jbiloh said:

I believe you may have missed important parts of this post. Low End Box and Low End Talk are no longer owned by ColoCrossing or Deluxe.

Wrong. That is not the most important part of this post. The most important parts are the ones where community asks directly from you to convince us by actually making modifications along the way, while asking for feedback.

You opened the thread on February 1st 2020. This is 5 days later without modifications to show for, and you still talk and talk of changes. More action, less talk!

Here is a story: before Black Friday providers rush to make offers and calculation to generate some small profit while giving more crazy offers to community (as much as they can). At the same time people get pumped and try to catch offers as fast as possible, while going crazy with gifs. This denotes a lot of energy and passion involved from both sides. We want and expect the same passion from administrators, like you, while keeping this board respectful for members and providers. So far... you only talked... and talked... and talked... for 5 days... without action. Should we trust ya? Neah.

• SCAM_DONT_BUYSCAM_DONT_BUY Member
    edited February 2020

poisson said: Going to tag arguably the most qualified person to comment on the situation @SCAM_DONT_BUY

As he already stated, he wants to milk a dead cow.

LowEndSpirit
    HostedTalk

Thats it for now.

Thanked by 2default uptime
  • CConnerCConner Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2020

@jbiloh So if you're the sole owner, why are still selling personal information?

Thanked by 2AlwaysSkint james50a

Don't bother. He always talks but no action. If any action, it has been for the worse.

CConner said: @jbiloh So if you're the sole owner, why are still selling personal information?

No, and that will be removed from the footer in a few more days once we move LET to the new hosting platform. At the same time we'll be removing a few more ad blocks along with the references to Deluxe and ColoCrossing. The migration of of LEB is happening tonight to the new hosting platform.

deank said: Don't bother. He always talks but no action. If any action, it has been for the worse.

Quite a bit has already happened in the past week, for example:

1. Ads removed from LEB
    2. SSL fixed
    3. SSL emails for LEB and LET fixed
    4. HTML email templates for LEB and LET implemented
    5. New user signup bugs fixed on LET
    6. Cleaned up some of the past LEB offers
    7. Reached out to community about what's going on
    8. Extensive talks with some of the LET mods
    9. I got on Discord
    10. Started updating and recovering long lost access to the LEB/LET social media platforms
    11. Setup new hosting platform for LEB and LET
    12. And tonight moving LEB to the new platform

So lot's going on in the background and some in the fore ground so far.

default said: You opened the thread on February 1st 2020. This is 5 days later without modifications to show for, and you still talk and talk of changes. More action, less talk!

See above. We are making progress. :)

jsg said: It's not enough to just say "LET/LEB is now owned by me, jbiloh" because your name (for us) is not positively associated. Please note that my intention is not to scold you. It is to point at a major problem.

Thanks for the honest feedback. We're going to make positive strides here. It'll take time and effort but it will happen.

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

FWIW emails aren't fixed. At least I'm not receiving any for PMs and such (might be a different story for new user signups).

• Same here, no emails coming through. Not even marked as spam.

Thanked by 1benj0x

Email server has never worked me for at least over a year.

MasonR said: FWIW emails aren't fixed. At least I'm not receiving any for PMs and such (might be a different story for new user signups).

So they were working a few days ago but Sendgrid put the account on pause pending further activation, so I just moved SMTP in house (that is also fixed now).

I just tested email again through LET and it worked, so we should be back to "fixed"

Let me know how it looks for you guys please.

• I would like to see evidence that Deluxe/CC no longer owns LET (the agreement with date sans private details). No proof, no belief. Otherwise same old, same old Deluxe/CC @SCAM_DONT_BUY

• @poisson - lol ... hey bro, you am actually thinks @jbiloh llc would be an improvement to Deluxe? Basically it's the same smarmy grifter running the show, now only without the deep pockets and presumed sensitivity to liability that Deluxe may have had (hence why they washed their hands of it, IMO)

reading this thread reminds me of the Jason from Woot patter, basically just a lot of "lalalala I can't hear you" for the one isssue that actually matters - as has been pointed out many times: the real problem is @jbiloh - and I somehow doubt dude is in any way willing or able to fix that.

tl;dr: Lulz ...

Thanked by 1james50a
  • @uptime well, at least we have greater confidence that he is not lying about that. In any case, @jbiloh is using the time-honored legal tactic of not admitting to anything, which may be an advantage in the court of law, but in the court of LET, that ain't working.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • alrighty then - to me it seems like just another red herring in the big picture (the long history of exit scams)

and I'm generally not inclined to dump on someone at the drop of a hat, but this whole thing just stinks. Considering how many hundreds (thousands?) of punters have been taken for a ride over the years already ... and that has yet to be addressed in any credible way in this thread.

• I am actually willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Thanked by 2uptime tester4
  • t0ny0 said: benefit of the doubt.

bless your heart ...

I imagine that's what he's counting on

the continued "lalala I can't hear you" seems to give the game away though.

Change my mind.

Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting
  • What's LET & LEB worth? 🤔

The additional ads on Low End Box have been removed and the site is on the new hosting platform as of about 30 minutes ago. :)