Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Synatiq.com KVM Instances in London with $20 Free Credit! 10GBPS, NVMe, Free Backups, Linux/Windows - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Synatiq.com KVM Instances in London with $20 Free Credit! 10GBPS, NVMe, Free Backups, Linux/Windows

Comments

• @seriesn said:
    Bro,
    There are many great providers here, Such as Fran/Nick/MikeA etc. I wouldn't say that unless I was 100% positive. Really rude remarks man. Really rude remarks.

Synatiq said: I have NEVER seen a VPS as fast as ours, not at this price. It completely blows out of the water any provider I have tried and leaders

Synatiq said: [root@benchmarking ~]# sync; dd if=/dev/zero of=tempfile bs=1M count=1024; sync
    1024+0 records in
    1024+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 1.27676 s, 841 MB/s
    [root@benchmarking ~]# dd if=tempfile of=/dev/null bs=1M count=1024
    1024+0 records in
    1024+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 0.715453 s, 1.5 GB/s
    [root@benchmarking ~]# sudo /sbin/sysctl -w vm.drop_caches=3
    vm.drop_caches = 3
    [root@benchmarking ~]# dd if=tempfile of=/dev/null bs=1M count=1024
    1024+0 records in
    1024+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 0.606559 s, 1.8 GB/s

>

[root@benchtest]# sync; dd if=/dev/zero of=tempfile bs=1M count=1024; sync
    1024+0 records in
    1024+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 0.518217 s, 2.1 GB/s
    [root@benchtest]# dd if=tempfile of=/dev/null bs=1M count=1024
    1024+0 records in
    1024+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 0.139481 s, 7.7 GB/s
    [root@benchtest]# sudo /sbin/sysctl -w vm.drop_caches=3
    vm.drop_caches = 3
    [root@benchtest]# dd if=tempfile of=/dev/null bs=1M count=1024
    1024+0 records in
    1024+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 0.334573 s, 3.2 GB/s

That's what a fast system that's worth bragging about looks like! :-)

@hzr said:

dahartigan said: Pmsl, people are still selling carded hosting these days?

Yeah, "preactivated" user/pass with non-student "account credit" on everyone's favourite legitimate marketplace, selly.

I'm drinking a bottle of tea while waiting for this thread, because I'd be interested in some of the non-UK locations at 10G.

I think 10G in Sydney would be amazing. I know one thing, that won't be cheap. I think CC will get IPv6 first..

• @thedp said:
    Here on LET, from what I have observed, a good provider needs to have good PR and interact humbly with the community. You can’t be arrogant and be full of yourself and/or your services.

Honesty, people need to treat other as people/human. It is just a sad state of business bro :(. Being Cocky and belittling people, while getting constructive feedbacks from others seems to be the new norm. Sigh....

Thanked by 2dahartigan sayem314
  • @cybertech said:

@hzr said:

Yeah, "preactivated" user/pass with non-student "account credit" on everyone's favourite legitimate marketplace, selly.

I'm drinking a bottle of tea while waiting for this thread, because I'd be interested in some of the non-UK locations at 10G.

Me too, a slow wait for the whiskey ice to melt.

At the same time wondering if I should bench a 6core VPS against my quad vCPU 3800x

CyberDuck! If you were a pokemon, your power would be benching!

Thanked by 1cybertech
  • @seriesn said:

@cybertech said:

@hzr said:

Me too, a slow wait for the whiskey ice to melt.

At the same time wondering if I should bench a 6core VPS against my quad vCPU 3800x

CyberDuck! If you were a pokemon, your power would be benching!

Quack quack, boss!

Thanked by 1seriesn
  • FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire
    edited February 2020

Reminds me of this - Completely irrelevant but why not

• @hzr said:

MikeA said: The DigitalOcean HackForums thing mentioned was probably just someone trying to get affiliate $$. I really can't imagine DigitalOcean needing to advertise on a forum like that when they're a rather big company.

I can't find any legitimate ad/sticky if I try to search for it, all I get are people selling fraud student coupons and carded account credit.

Didn't look very hard enough then, HostSlick is on Hack Forums too and he's even on that LIBRE whitelist!

Thanked by 2MikeA dahartigan
  • tester4tester4 Member
    edited February 2020

@FAT32 said:

@hzr said:

Very looking forward to 10G on SG. I would be happy even if it reached half of it.

10G in Singapore isn't necessarily that expensive, it's just a port. You'll pay more for the actual bandwidth, server space and power.

Source: Received a quote for 10G in Singapore, half rack and it was only like $200 one time fee for the 10G port.

• After going through all comments, I decide to give this new provider a try. Everything goes smoothly is my first impression.

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@sonic said:
    After going through all comments, I decide to give this new provider a try. Everything goes smoothly is my first impression.

Until you know which company is their previous one :)

Thanked by 2cybertech dahartigan
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@tester4 said:

@hzr said:

MikeA said: The DigitalOcean HackForums thing mentioned was probably just someone trying to get affiliate $$. I really can't imagine DigitalOcean needing to advertise on a forum like that when they're a rather big company.

I can't find any legitimate ad/sticky if I try to search for it, all I get are people selling fraud student coupons and carded account credit.

Didn't look very hard enough then, HostSlick is on Hack Forums too and he's even on that LIBRE whitelist!

Yep and they have been called out for that here on LET.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@FAT32 said:

@sonic said:
    After going through all comments, I decide to give this new provider a try. Everything goes smoothly is my first impression.

Either he knows and he doesn't really care or he just missed the part :joy:

• @FAT32 said:

@sonic said:

@thedp said:

@FAT32 said:

@sonic said:

What did I miss :open_mouth:

• @sonic said:

@FAT32 said:

@sonic said:

@thedp said:

@FAT32 said:

@sonic said:

Tldr: enoctus, scams, josh prout kinda vibe, etc.

• @dahartigan said:

@sonic said:

@FAT32 said:

@sonic said:

@thedp said:

@FAT32 said:

@sonic said:

And restock

• @cybertech said:

@dahartigan said:

@sonic said:

@FAT32 said:

@sonic said:

@thedp said:

@FAT32 said:

@sonic said:

And restock

Oh yeah, this too. He claims to have all these servers and locations, been in business for all of 2 minutes and suddenly sold out every location except UK. Someone has revealed there are approx 80 VPS created, could be significantly less if OP actually created a few tests before going live.

The only location he really has is one in UK.

Thanked by 1cybertech
  • No idea why everyone has their pitchforks out, there's plenty of people running companies on LET that have far worse history than this guy.

Thanked by 1Synatiq
  • @tester4 said:
    No idea why everyone has their pitchforks out, there's plenty of people running companies on LET that have far worse history than this guy.

Quoted for reference.

• SynatiqSynatiq Member
    edited February 2020

@hzr said:

DO had a permanent graphical ad at the bottom of HF a couple of years ago. I remember it clearly and it wasn’t an affiliate link. Quite a few big companies tried to be there in fact, including Arvixe back in the days.

Way back machine 2015:

As for the rest of you, take a chill pill. It would have mattered if any of you were customers.

• Nice handle for the newest member in that screenshot.

Coming back to the topic, will wait for the Singapore offer... thx

Thanked by 3isunbejo Synatiq t0m
  • @Synatiq said:
    As for the rest of you, take a chill pill. It would have mattered if any of you were customers.

Would it change your attitude if you considered that your potential customers are judging you by your responses here?

Source: I am a potential customer.

• Synatiq said: I remember it clearly and it wasn’t an affiliate link.

All the links in the footer affed.

Thanked by 2muffin sayem314
  • So far everything went smooth and VPS seems snappy! If they even deadpool after I spend my 25 bucks in next 5 months IDC!

Thanked by 1Synatiq
  • @hzr said:

Synatiq said: I remember it clearly and it wasn’t an affiliate link.

All the links in the footer affed.

Oops, that's on me then. That banner has been around for more than a year though, so they definitely didn't mind it.

Either way, as per everyone's "advise", I have removed it.

• This community amazes me sometimes.

I've seen local providers doing far shadier stuff than the hackforum thing and they've been in the business for 10+ years, actually pretty big providers here (for the size of my country).

Sure, maybe the host came in a little cocky but he's been pretty cool and friendly so far so I can't understand why belittle the guy (sorry, don't know a better word to use here).

Thanked by 2Synatiq sayem314
  • anyone can run fio with reasonable settings or even better @MasonR yabs https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script

thanks.

Thanked by 1seriesn
  • SynatiqSynatiq Member
    edited February 2020

@Falzo said:
    anyone can run fio with reasonable settings or even better @MasonR yabs https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script

thanks.

I've ran this from the $5 /mo 25GB SSD, 1 Core, 1GB Ram plan on a very loaded node.

# ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
    #              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2020-01-08                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #
    # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #

Sat  1 Feb 06:25:53 EST 2020

Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Processor  : Intel(R) Xeon(R) Silver 4114 CPU @ 2.20GHz
    CPU cores  : 1 @ 2199.998 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ❌ Disabled
    RAM        : 990M
    Swap       : 1.0G
    Disk       : 24G

dd Sequential Disk Speed Tests:
           | Test 1      | Test 2      | Test 3      | Avg        
           |             |             |             |            
    Write  | 212 MB/s    | 217 MB/s    | 202 MB/s    | 210.33 MB/s
    Read   | 736 MB/s    | 653 MB/s    | 1.5 GB/s    | 963.00 MB/s

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Provider                  | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed     
                              |                           |                 |                
    Bouygues Telecom          | Paris, FR (10G)           | 3.68 Gbits/sec  | 6.91 Gbits/sec 
    Online.net                | Paris, FR (10G)           | 8.11 Gbits/sec  | 5.14 Gbits/sec 
    Severius                  | The Netherlands (10G)     | busy            | busy           
    Worldstream               | The Netherlands (10G)     | 8.07 Gbits/sec  | 3.25 Gbits/sec 
    wilhelm.tel               | Hamburg, DE (10G)         | 2.62 Gbits/sec  | 4.13 Gbits/sec 
    Biznet                    | Bogor, Indonesia (1G)     | 638 Mbits/sec   | 304 Mbits/sec  
    Hostkey                   | Moscow, RU (1G)           | 914 Mbits/sec   | 924 Mbits/sec  
    Vultr                     | Piscataway, NJ, US (1G)   | busy bits/sec   | busy bits/sec  
    Velocity Online           | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 2.03 Gbits/sec  | 2.03 Gbits/sec 
    Airstream Communications  | Eau Claire, WI, US (10G)  | 1.70 Gbits/sec  | 1.47 Gbits/sec 
    Hurricane Electric        | Fremont, CA, US (10G)     | 437 Mbits/sec   | 789 Mbits/sec  

Geekbench 4 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value                         
                    |                               
    Single Core     | 2662                          
    Multi Core      | 2581                          
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/15191326

[root@benchmark ~]# 

• PMSL! Check out that unbeatable inconsistent disk test! Network looks okay, and the geekbench result is respectable but very very very far from exceptional.

You've been a good sport, I have to give you credit for that :-)

• SynatiqSynatiq Member
    edited February 2020

@dahartigan said:
    PMSL! Check out that unbeatable inconsistent disk test! Network looks okay, and the geekbench result is respectable but very very very far from exceptional.

You've been a good sport, I have to give you credit for that :-)

I agree, anything is beatable at the right price. The results above are as bad as it can get, that node is about to be retired until freed.

All I am saying is, I personally haven’t seen anything comparable at $5 for 5 months, or $30 for an entire year (you get $20 on us after at least $5 is spent).

Again, those are my own findings, based on leaders I tried of this price category. You may have your own library of better providers giving you better value. And good for them. We need diversity.

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

@Falzo said:
    anyone can run fio with reasonable settings or even better @MasonR yabs https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script

thanks.

Fio isn't committed yet, have to test further before I add it in :P

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • @MasonR said:

@Falzo said:

thanks.

Fio isn't committed yet, have to test further before I add it in :P

Yeah, just saw this from the bench above. Maybe someone else is doing a fio run. I guess the numbers will be quite normal for stuffed nvme anyway.

Was just curious because of the exaggerating on PMS ... äh premium double extra blublu.

Besides the generous credit i'd consider the pricing not even close to lowend. Lightsail is about the same and more like cloud.

However, let's see gow it goes. Usually people that are desperate to get a provider tag and have there business model relying on LET sales are a ... interesting combination.