Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Having Bad Day with Virmach - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Having Bad Day with Virmach

2»

Comments

• @VirMach said:
    I'm opening a network issue, crediting customers for two weeks of service and locking off storage plan sales for the time being (even though it's only NYHDD10GKVM2 that's facing the abnormal issue.)

I am on node NYHDD10GKVM2 and having the issue. Waiting patiently to see this issue get resolved asap. Thanks for your quick reply Virmach

• poster01poster01 Member
    edited December 2019

Hi guys,

After @VirMach replied my thread here and i dm to them, as per my request, they cancelled my service and FULL REFUND my 3.5 USD

They are great provider but in this time i am just no luck. Virmach have great responsibility to their customer

Case solved

Thank you

• They are a sh*t provider with horribly oversold fragile nodes. Support is not any good or prompt either. They are good enough for cheap experimental VMs, anyone using them for production use is going to learn it the hard way.

Thanked by 2creep zenki
  • WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

i know it’s very low speed, what do you expect for $3.50? Lower your expectations or increase a budget and move to different provider!

Thanked by 1kspll7
  • JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

Better than 3MB/s but least they have noticed there is an issue and they need to fix it.

• @mehargags said:
    They are a sh*t provider with horribly oversold fragile nodes. Support is not any good or prompt either. They are good enough for cheap experimental VMs, anyone using them for production use is going to learn it the hard way.

WTF are you talking about?

• @chocolateshirt said:

@mehargags said:
    They are a sh*t provider with horribly oversold fragile nodes. Support is not any good or prompt either. They are good enough for cheap experimental VMs, anyone using them for production use is going to learn it the hard way.

WTF are you talking about?

maybe he just hates Colocrossing.

• creep said: Colocrossing.

BUT @VirMach is here to prove that CC/Deluxe is GOOD, NICE and GENTLE! Don't put them in the same bag as all other CC hosts! :wink: That's why they are the CC provider you can trust: they represent everything positive CC brought to LET/LEB since they bought it.

• edited December 2019

One good company can't fix the bad reputation brought by the (25) bad ones.

• There are definitely disadvantages to CC but they are not as bad as people make them out to be. CC is bad because they are cheap and attract bad crowds, but it's good because it's cheap so eh...

Anyway, there's probably more CC providers around on LET than most people are aware of. I know at least one provider on LET who uses mainly CC and isn't virmach and there's probably a few more I'm not aware of :/

• @smallbibi said:
    There are definitely disadvantages to CC but they are not as bad as people make them out to be. CC is bad because they are cheap and attract bad crowds, but it's good because it's cheap so eh...

Anyway, there's probably more CC providers around on LET than most people are aware of. I know at least one provider on LET who uses mainly CC and isn't virmach and there's probably a few more I'm not aware of :/

What, you mean like the 20 different brands or so that they used to scam people and then closed... https://www.zdnet.com/article/20-vps-providers-to-shut-down-on-monday-giving-customers-two-days-to-save-their-data/

LOL

• NoCommentNoComment Member
    edited December 2019

@TheLinuxBug said:

@smallbibi said:
    There are definitely disadvantages to CC but they are not as bad as people make them out to be. CC is bad because they are cheap and attract bad crowds, but it's good because it's cheap so eh...

What, you mean like the 20 different brands or so that they used to scam people and then closed... https://www.zdnet.com/article/20-vps-providers-to-shut-down-on-monday-giving-customers-two-days-to-save-their-data/

LOL

They are obviously part of the bad crowd that I was talking about. Now, I did not want to talk about other providers in a virmach thread, but anyway... Smarthost apparently colocates mostly (only?) at CC and I've seen nothing but positive comments about smarthost on LET (though I have not tried them). I'm 100% positive there are more CC hosts on LET that will not turn out to be scammers too.

I know there's a circle jerk about CC being bad and all, but are they really that bad? I don't think so -- but still I would avoid CC unless it's dirt cheap :tongue:

• @poster01 said:
    Hi guys,

After @VirMach replied my thread here and i dm to them, as per my request, they cancelled my service and FULL REFUND my 3.5 USD

They are great provider but in this time i am just no luck. Virmach have great responsibility to their customer

It's too bad you missed the Servarica BF deal for 500GB $12/year (IPv6 only) backup.
    https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/161739/storage-and-ssd-black-friday-offers-as-low-as-1-month-from-servarica/p1

I don't see that anyone here has offered you cheap 500 GB alternative storage yet.

Thanked by 1poster01
  • Go with Hosthatch or Letbox, decent and cheap.

Thanked by 2letbox poster01
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@seriesn said:
    Man, at 3MB/s, even free can't be justified.

This reminds me of the funny thing that I have a 100Gbps network link operating at 600Kbps… because the fiber isn't plugged correctly.

Have you tried unplug and plug it in again?

Thanked by 1seriesn
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@smallbibi said:
    Smarthost apparently colocates mostly (only?) at CC and I've seen nothing but positive comments about smarthost on LET (though I have not tried them).

My website https://yoursunny.com is hosted at @SmartHost Los Angeles location and it's on Psychz Networks.

• I think @Virmach is just a bit too busy lately, due to the mountain of tickets coming in from BF.

Today, I found myself with a US$160 invoice (#816307) from them for a cancelled service. Not a big deal, since I have no payment method on file, just need it cancelled eventually, when they get to it. As long as it's cancelled before it goes to collections (like they said during BF), I'll be okay.

• @Edmond said:

Today, I found myself with a US$160 invoice (#816307) from them for a cancelled service.

So, it wasn't just me! The messed up part is I do have a payment method with them, and I was charged! (After seeing the e-mail, I did set the limit to 0 before they can charge other cancelled services hopefully)

@Virmach, please comment here: Should we file tickets for these invoices (for services cancelled before due date) that were paid by a not-very-wise-automated-system (?) on your end, or have you guys realized the issue, and will credit the changes back to our cards??

• SmartHostSmartHost Patron Provider, Veteran

@smallbibi said:

Smarthost apparently colocates mostly (only?) at CC and I've seen nothing but positive comments about smarthost on LET (though I have not tried them). I'm 100% positive there are more CC hosts on LET that will not turn out to be scammers too.

I know there's a circle jerk about CC being bad and all, but are they really that bad? I don't think so -- but still I would avoid CC unless it's dirt cheap :tongue:

Only one of our thirteen current sites is a CC location.
    We built out there because we had requests for the specific location from a large client of ours.
    I can't speak to any of the stuff that goes on about them, but as far as colocation goes...they have been solid for us.
    Reliable network, organized, timely support, and reasonable pricing.
    Only complaint would be the lack of IPv6, but we knew that going in, just not happy still not added of course.
    We stay out of any other drama regarding them...

~ SMARTHOST

Thanked by 1uptime
  • @TheWizard said:

@Edmond said:

Today, I found myself with a US$160 invoice (#816307) from them for a cancelled service.

So, it wasn't just me! The messed up part is I do have a payment method with them, and I was charged! (After seeing the e-mail, I did set the limit to 0 before they can charge other cancelled services hopefully)

@Virmach, please comment here: Should we file tickets for these invoices (for services cancelled before due date) that were paid by a not-very-wise-automated-system (?) on your end, or have you guys realized the issue, and will credit the changes back to our cards??

I opened up a ticket, since I got no intention of paying, even if it means they fire me as a client (I doubt it because I did nothing wrong).

It’s probably a mistake on their end somewhere, might be an effort to get those bots to pay those unwanted invoices or WHMCS screwed up.

I’m not in a hurry to get the ticket processed (unless it somehow suspends all my other containers for some other reason, since there isn’t any legitimate bill due soon), as long as they around voiding the invoice, I’ll be fine.

That US$160 invoice was from a Easter Egg, I cancelled the service before my free year ran out (SSD32G renews at US$160/mo... ouch) Virmach is still awesome and easy very tolerant of me as well, must be just a hiccup.

Hopefully you get your refund soon! Please don’t chargeback on them, they should correct it but they probably do need to know!

Thanked by 2seriesn uptime
  • @Edmond said:

@TheWizard said:

@Edmond said:

I opened up a ticket, since I got no intention of paying, even if it means they fire me as a client (I doubt it because I did nothing wrong).

It’s probably a mistake on their end somewhere, might be an effort to get those bots to pay those unwanted invoices or WHMCS screwed up.

I’m not in a hurry to get the ticket processed (unless it somehow suspends all my other containers for some other reason, since there isn’t any legitimate bill due soon), as long as they around voiding the invoice, I’ll be fine.

That US$160 invoice was from a Easter Egg, I cancelled the service before my free year ran out (SSD32G renews at US$160/mo... ouch) Virmach is still awesome and easy very tolerant of me as well, must be just a hiccup.

Hopefully you get your refund soon! Please don’t chargeback on them, they should correct it but they probably do need to know!

@VirMach responded to the issue:
    https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3063955#Comment_3063955

Thanked by 1TheWizard
  • I have one of these storage servers and it has always been slower than molasses in January.

• donli said: don't see that anyone here has offered you cheap 500 GB alternative storage yet.

It's not as good of a deal but I'm paying $24/year for 250 GB space with BudgetNode and it's working well for me. https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/136417/512mb-kvm-18-year-2gb-kvm-3-99-month-paid-yearly-500gb-kvm-storage-3-99-month-paid-yearly. Seems out of stock at the moment though. https://www.lowendstorage.win/ is a decent reference for storage plans.

MrVM has decent storage plans too, if you're okay with OpenVZ instead of KVM, and primarily IPv6-based service (it does have NAT IPv4)

Thanked by 1uptime
  • @SmartHost @yoursunny
    I apologize for the misinformation, I have no idea why I thought smarthost was mostly at CC--it must be because all the locations you offered in the past screamed COLOCROSSING to me. I'll see myself out :/