Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HostDoc VPS Transfer (Sydney, Unlimited Bandwidth)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HostDoc VPS Transfer (Sydney, Unlimited Bandwidth)

tester4tester4 Member
edited December 2019 in General

Hi guys,

I have an Unlimited Bandwidth Sydney VPS with HostDoc, it has the following specifications and pricing:

2vCores @ 3.5Ghz
2GB RAM (I have a free upgrade to 2.5GB)
1GB Swap
50GB HDD Storage (I have a free upgrade to 60GB)
1 IPv4
Unlimited Bandwidth @ 250mbps (Both directions).
£45/y

Note this is an offer that HostDoc no longer does and the base offer only came with 2GB of memory and 50GB of HDD space. It is due to expire on January 15th, 2020. Happy to transfer it to someone elses account, free of charge as I have no use for it.

Let me know if anyone is interested.

Comments

• PMed you. thanks.

• Ill take it off ya if its alright with @Hostdoc

• @Gravely said:
    Ill take it off ya if its alright with @Hostdoc

So long as you have an existing account that has passed a fraud check, I have no problem with the transfer nor are there any charges to do so.
    Both parties are required to open a ticket to confirm they both agree to the transfer.

• bdlbdl Member
    edited December 2019

@tester4 also PM'ed you earlier today

@HostDoc said:
    So long as you have an existing account that has passed a fraud check, I have no problem with the transfer nor are there any charges to do so.

... @HostDoc - is there an easy way for an existing account to initiate a fraud check (If the account has no active services on it)?

• @bdl said:
    @tester4 also PM'ed you

@HostDoc said:

... @HostDoc - is there an easy way for an existing account to initiate a fraud check (If the account has no active services on it)?

Buy something :)

Thanked by 1bdl
  • @bdl said:
    @tester4 also PM'ed you earlier today

@HostDoc said:

If you have an existing account which previously had a service, then you should have already had a fraud check carried out.
    If not, open a ticket, I will provide a link for a free product which you have to pass fraud to have activated.

Thanked by 2dahartigan bdl
  • FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire
    edited December 2019

@HostDoc said:
    If not, open a ticket, I will provide a link for a free product which you have to pass fraud to have activated.

Did someone say FREE?

Thanked by 2dahartigan imok
  • FAT32 said: Did someone say FREE?

Oi! That's my line. :-p

Thanked by 2FAT32 dahartigan

@AlwaysSkint said:
    Oi! That's my line. :-p

Sorry I am sensitive to anything free or extremely cheap. Especially after BF/CM.

• bdlbdl Member
    edited December 2019

@FAT32 said:

@HostDoc said:

Did someone say FREE?

Yes, it will be a 4Tb Ram with 64x CPU beast with 10G HD and 512k bandwidth.

virmachbfstylzOK

:lol:

• Any @HostDoc plan with unlimited bandwidth in Australia is as rare as rocking horse shit.

• Unlimited bandwidth wow

• I've decided to keep the VM now learning how rare it actually is, sorry to have wasted anyones time.

• @tester4 said:
    I've decided to keep the VM now learning how rare it actually is, sorry to have wasted anyones time.

Low End Curators FTW!

• Dicks*.

*miss you already!

@tester4 said:
    I've decided to keep the VM now learning how rare it actually is, sorry to have wasted anyones time.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited December 2019

As pointed out in their offer threads, this is on OVH servers, and OVH itself doesn't include unmetered bandwidth on their APAC dedis (it's an xx TB limit), so "unmetered" VPSes will only work as long as clients don't actually use "too much". Sure it is possible to purchase unmetered addon from OVH, but it's $214/month, or $2568/year (on top of the server fees) -- unlikely that the economy of 45 GBP/year VPSes works out then.

In other words, no point to cling to it just because of "unmetered", chances are you will get terminated if you use a lot of b/w.

• tester4tester4 Member
    edited December 2019

@rm_ - Incorrect. OVH did do dedicated server deals at one point where 1 direction was for example 1Gbps unmetered and the upload was 250Mbps unmetered, around when the region first released dedicated servers. Example being I use 5TB per month and have done for quite some time, which is apparently the total limit of current OVH servers.

Source: My friend who has one and my memory.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • @tester4 said:
    @rm_ - Incorrect. OVH did do dedicated server deals at one point where 1 direction was for example 1Gbps unmetered and the upload was 250Mbps unmetered, around when the region first released dedicated servers. Example being I use 5TB per month and have done for quite some time, which is apparently the total limit of current OVH servers.

Source: My friend who has one and my memory.

Pretty confident they didn't. @OVH_APAC can confirm.

• zenkizenki Member
    edited December 2019

deleted

• You can definitely get unlimited from OVH in APAC, it's not cheap though.

• That thread is like a little walk down memory lane for me

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

He was talking about OVH, since that's where the servers are from.

Thanked by 1rm_
  • OVH definitely did a deal where you could get an unlimited transfer addon for your dedi in APAC.

Ref: https://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/440962

@dahartigan said:
    OVH definitely did a deal where you could get an unlimited transfer addon for your dedi in APAC.

Based off of that thread, it is the standard 5TB @ 250Mbps with the option to upgrade to unlimited for $100-200~.

• OVH_APACOVH_APAC Member, Patron Provider

Hello all,

At the exception of Australia and Singapore datacenters, all OVHcloud servers (dedicated servers, VPS, Public Cloud instances, hosted private cloud) benefits from unmetered traffic (outgoing and incoming for both the public and private network).

For OVHcloud Dedicated Servers hosted in Australia and Singapore (Asia-pacific region):

• The monthly rental includes by default a public outgoing traffic quota of 5TB, 10TB or 20TB each month (depending on the chosen dedi server).
    • The traffic quota comes with with a guaranteed bandwith of 250 or 500Mbps and only the public outgoing traffic is counted (incoming traffic is thus unmetered and at 1Gbps or 10Gbps depending on the network card).
    • Above your monthly quota, the public outgoing bandwidth is limited at 10Mbps (unmetered) until the remaining of the month.
    • Alternatively, you can also upgrade to an unmetered option for your public outgoing traffic:
      • SYDNEY - Unlimited Traffic @ 100Mbps – Extra US$123 per month
      • SYDNEY -Unlimited Traffic @ 250Mbps – Extra US$214 per month
      • SYDNEY -Unlimited Traffic @ 500Mbps – Extra US$424 per month
      • SINGAPORE - Unlimited Traffic @ 100Mbps – Extra US$56 per month
      • SINGAPORE -Unlimited Traffic @ 250Mbps – Extra US$109 per month
      • SINGAPORE -Unlimited Traffic @ 500Mbps – Extra US$214 per month

For unlimited 1Gbps and above feel free to contact our sales at https://www.ovh.com.au/support/ or PM me
    Most servers also come with a private network (vRack) which is unmetered and up to 3Gbps.

Hope this helps.

Thanked by 1rm_
  • @MikeA said:

@dahartigan said:
    OVH definitely did a deal where you could get an unlimited transfer addon for your dedi in APAC.

Based off of that thread, it is the standard 5TB @ 250Mbps with the option to upgrade to unlimited for $100-200~.

@MikeA why are you insisting on arguing about this? As @cociu would say "look in your own garden"

This VPS on offer in this thread is indeed UNLIMITED. Kindly run along now @MikeA and find another garden to piss in :)

See response from OVH who have a fucking clue unlike you.

edited December 2019

@dahartigan said:

@MikeA said:

@dahartigan said:

@MikeA why are you insisting on arguing about this? As @cociu would say "look in your own garden"

This VPS on offer in this thread is indeed UNLIMITED. Kindly run along now @MikeA and find another garden to piss in :)

See response from OVH who have a fucking clue unlike you.

I wasn't arguing, I was just pointing out what was in the thread you linked since it wasn't what you said, since the guy that posted before mentioned about OVH not having included unlimited outbound. If you guys have servers with unlimited outbound ports in OVH Sydney that's great, but it's not free unless you guys are getting some private deal or broken plan.

I have a lot of experience with OVH.

Thanked by 3Gravely rm_ corbpie
    edited December 2019

Last I chat with @HostDoc, he mentioned that their servers which provide unlimited should have unlimited on their host node. I was skeptical at first so he shows me some proof later. And yes, it is indeed unlimited.

It seems too good to be true, but it actually is true. Kudos to Doc for running at a very low margin, and maintain the transparency.

Thanked by 1dahartigan