Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ivacy VPN Lifetime 16$ - Be fast! - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Ivacy VPN Lifetime 16$ - Be fast!

1235»

Comments

• @Ympker said:

@479555 said:
    Just wanted to tell you guys that if you're trying to use Ivacy with an .ovpn profile you need to contact support to have the username, since it's different from the email you used to register.

Finally figured it out the other day when I gave up and wrote to support.

I think I never did that, although haven't used Ivacy manual setup for a while. Maybe they changed it.

Windscribe also does that for security reasons I believe. A username for ovpn will be generated.

That is sometimes the case when trying to connect to the firefox extension with Ivacy. Sometimes it will ask for a username and password and you need to input those that are used for OpenVPN files.

• @ofit said:

@Deepak_leb said:
    Vpnunlimited is far good when comparing with Ivacy.

Agree Vpnunlimited better Ivacy

Both are fine. Unlimited has this annoying device restriction where you have to remove a device first to add another if you already have 5, Ivacy just counts concurrent devices. Unlimited is really stable though :)

@Ouji said:

@Ympker said:

@479555 said:
    Just wanted to tell you guys that if you're trying to use Ivacy with an .ovpn profile you need to contact support to have the username, since it's different from the email you used to register.

Finally figured it out the other day when I gave up and wrote to support.

I think I never did that, although haven't used Ivacy manual setup for a while. Maybe they changed it.

Windscribe also does that for security reasons I believe. A username for ovpn will be generated.

That is sometimes the case when trying to connect to the firefox extension with Ivacy. Sometimes it will ask for a username and password and you need to input those that are used for OpenVPN files.

With the firefox extension? That never happened to me lol. I always use email and pw.

Thanked by 1Deepak_leb
  • Ympker said: With the firefox extension? That never happened to me lol. I always use email and pw.

What happened a lot to me when I was using the extension is that I'd log in to it normally, connect to a server, but nothing would work. After a while, a popup from FF would appear asking for credentials.

Also, other times, no popup would appear unless I entered the extensions configuration on FF.

Just spitting this out there as some people might face this issue as well.

• @Ouji said:

Ympker said: With the firefox extension? That never happened to me lol. I always use email and pw.

What happened a lot to me when I was using the extension is that I'd log in to it normally, connect to a server, but nothing would work. After a while, a popup from FF would appear asking for credentials.

Also, other times, no popup would appear unless I entered the extensions configuration on FF.

Same is happening to me post firefox update.

• @Ouji said:

Ympker said: With the firefox extension? That never happened to me lol. I always use email and pw.

Oh, this actually happens on Chrome as well sometimes although very rarely. Just not the different username thing. E-Mail+pw always worked as a login for me. When the issue you described happens at chrome I usually sign off my windows user and sign on again, which fixes it. Or I re-install the extension. On chrome it does not happen often though and I got used to it. There's also the "servers are currently busy" issue which according to their live chat actually is supposed to mean "login credentials are incorrect" although I don't believe that. Anyway, it happens rarely enough to not loose my head over it. If it's really annoying some times, I just log on Windscribe, or VPN Unlimited, or Getflix or FastestVPN for that matter. Lifetime deals on all these haha

• @Ympker - have you perhaps tried Ivacy's static IP's ($1.99 per month, but the con is you need to pay for 5 years up front - as that's what they view the lifetime accounts as).

I'm considering a UK static IP for streaming - but I'm worried about paying that upfront, and then it doesn't work / stops working after a while etc.

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited April 2020

@jeromeza said:
    @Ympker - have you perhaps tried Ivacy's static IP's ($1.99 per month, but the con is you need to pay for 5 years up front - as that's what they view the lifetime accounts as).

I'm considering a UK static IP for streaming - but I'm worried about paying that upfront, and then it doesn't work / stops working after a while etc.

Sorry, I haven't used their service for static IPs. You can ask in chat for a trial perhaps.

• @Ympker said:

@jeromeza said:
    @Ympker - have you perhaps tried Ivacy's static IP's ($1.99 per month, but the con is you need to pay for 5 years up front - as that's what they view the lifetime accounts as).

Sorry, I haven't used their service for static IPs. You can ask in chat for a trial perhaps.

Thanks - but they don't seem to do trials. Only 30 day money back clause.

It would be $1.99 x 60 months = $119.40 so not cheap! Not sure if I should bother or not. Mostly looking for reliable UK streaming.

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited April 2020

@jeromeza said:

@Ympker said:

@jeromeza said:

Thanks - but they don't seem to do trials. Only 30 day money back clause.

It would be $1.99 x 60 months = $119.40 so not cheap! Not sure if I should bother or not. Mostly looking for reliable UK streaming.

Ivacy chrome Extension has a BBC iPlayer server iirc. What exactly are you looking to stream?

• @jeromeza said:

Do they specify that these are for streaming? If all you get is a UK datacenter IP, it’s going to be blocked.

• @sgheghele said:

@jeromeza said:

Do they specify that these are for streaming? If all you get is a UK datacenter IP, it’s going to be blocked.

These servers are specifically for streaming purposes:

See: https://i.gyazo.com/eea2c1e4e8815e2b3724886758fc8abe.mp4

• @Ympker said:

@sgheghele said:

@jeromeza said:

Sure, I also have Ivacy and use it sometimes. I meant the static IP @jeromeza was referring to.

• @sgheghele said:

@Ympker said:

@sgheghele said:

@jeromeza said:

Sure, I also have Ivacy and use it sometimes. I meant the static IP @jeromeza was referring to.

Ah, gotcha. I guess it's best to ask support that then.

• Ivacy works great with BBC iPlayer and Netflix. Been using it for 3 years now. wow lol

Thanked by 2Ympker Ouji
  • hostiehostie Member

Anyone notice you get logged out randomly when using Ivacy via browser extension?

• CalvinCalvin Member

How is this compared to VPNUnlimited?

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

@hostie said:
    Anyone notice you get logged out randomly when using Ivacy via browser extension?

Yes. It happens ever so often. Ivacy Clients&Apps are overall a bit buggy. Manual OVPN or PPTP works fairly stable, usually.
    That's why I only use it to unblock and not for anything where I wouldn't want an IP leak.

@Calvin said:
    How is this compared to VPNUnlimited?

Less stable. The perk imho is that it counts concurrent devices and not total devices (in VPNUnlimited you have to remove a device if you hit the 5 devices limit and you can only remove one device per week).

For unblocking I usually favor Ivacy for its' many possibilities (supports more channels than Keepsolid iirc), however Keepsolid VPN has been extremely stable and performant lately and while they only have some 400 servers it's really quality over quantity with them judging from speedtests stability and Flix performance. I have both. I like them both. Currently (with Wireguard addition), I highly favour Keepsolid. Depends on your use case though.

Thanked by 1bloodyprince
  • @Ympker said:

Keepsolid VPN has been extremely stable and performant lately and while they only have some 400 servers it's really quality over quantity with them judging from speedtests stability and Flix performance. I have both. I like them both. Currently (with Wireguard addition), I highly favour Keepsolid. Depends on your use case though.

Couldn't agree more! I bought KeepSolid lifetime deal for 15$ several months ago from stacksocial. It's still going very well so far.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • OujiOuji Member

I'd recommend Ivacy over VPNUnlimited only if you absolutely need Netflix UK. For everything else, they are worse.

For instance, to use OpenVPN with them, I had to contact them to get a username that works (the one for the apps does not, for me) and sometime when I activate their extension on Firefox, I get a prompt to input username and password and I have to use those same credentials, if I don't, no website would load.

If I'm gonna be honest, I'm not using any of them as I have Windscribe PRO until December, but for $15 I think both are good and VPNUnlimited is better.

Also, like it was mentioned, if you are connecting several devices (like a VPS for torrenting) Ivacy would work better simply because they don't register your device (and lock that registration for one week).

• defaultdefault Veteran

• SvenSven Member

Is someone using their Chrome Extension?
    Always when enabling their extension I can not access any website until I disconnect their extension or disable it again.

• SvenSven Member

Always when enabling their extension I can not access any website until I disconnect their extension or disable it again.

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited June 2020

@Sven said:

It works for me. It's buggy sometimes though.

• jamjam Member

Someone here has tried Namecheap VPN? looks like they have right now 1USD/month deal

• YmpkerYmpker Member

@jam said:
    Someone here has tried Namecheap VPN? looks like they have right now 1USD/month deal

Stick with namecheap for domaind and web hosting and pick a Windscribe 12$/anually server location or get a Keepsolid :)

• jamjam Member

Ympker said: pick a Windscribe 12$/anually

Where is that deal? i already have keepsolid

• SvenSven Member

@Ympker said:

@Sven said:

Did you try port forwarding?
    I can not get it work and the support can not help me...they are trying but its just not working...

• YmpkerYmpker Member

@jam said:

When you login to your Windscribe account I believe there is an option to build your own plan. It's priced at 1$/month/per location iirc (12$/year).

@Sven said:

@Ympker said:

@Sven said:

Did you try port forwarding?
    I can not get it work and the support can not help me...they are trying but its just not working...

Isn't portforwarding a paid feature with Ivacy? Anyway, could also be your ISP causing problems like Vodafone over here..

• SvenSven Member

@Ympker said:

@jam said:

When you login to your Windscribe account I believe there is an option to build your own plan. It's priced at 1$/month/per location iirc (12$/year).

@Sven said:

@Ympker said:

@Sven said:

Isn't portforwarding a paid feature with Ivacy? Anyway, could also be your ISP causing problems like Vodafone over here..

Yes but it's included in the stack social offer. Why should it be a problem with isp? If you are using a tunnel like a VPN I shouldn't matter

• YmpkerYmpker Member

@Sven said:

@Ympker said:

@jam said:

@Sven said:

@Ympker said:

@Sven said:

Yes but it's included in the stack social offer. Why should it be a problem with isp? If you are using a tunnel like a VPN I shouldn't matter

I believe on the one I bought it didnt include port forwarding. No idea if they changed that. Unfortunately, about port forwarding with Ivacy I don't know, sorry.