Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ivacy VPN Lifetime 16$ - Be fast! - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Ivacy VPN Lifetime 16$ - Be fast!

Comments

• @Falco33 said:
    If anyone is interested: FastestVPN is available for $17 with coupon code: FB15OFF (5 devices lifetime subscription)

Or this https://fastestvpn.com/lifetime-special-deal with "BFCM19" (18$ 10 multi logins)

• @magicvpn said:

@Falco33 said:
    If anyone is interested: FastestVPN is available for $17 with coupon code: FB15OFF (5 devices lifetime subscription)

Or this https://fastestvpn.com/lifetime-special-deal with "BFCM19" (18$ 10 multi logins)

FastestVPN is a waste of money IMHO

Thanked by 1sgheghele
  • Picked up the fastestvpn offer for $18. Looks alright, will give it a blast on my gbit connection later on.

• @klikli said:

Ympker said: Still shows as available for me

Oops, I mean the "With NAT Firewall" package which allows you to use the "DN40" coupon :)

https://stacksocial.com/sales/ivacy-vpn-lifetime-subscription-5

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • Yes it's back now. I I am waiting for it to drop back to US$40 so I can buy it at US$24 :)

• illyhostingillyhosting Member, Host Rep

I personally use ProtonVPN, 4€/month - 2 devices, speed is good, everything else works perfectly!

• sgheghelesgheghele Member
    edited January 2020

@Rami said:

@magicvpn said:

@Falco33 said:

+1. I have their lifetime, paid like 5EUR. It's nothing in terms of money, but I still wasted it. Streaming does not work, speed is sub 20mbit/s (on 100mbit/s connection) most of the time, nobody knows who they are and if they log.

Ivacy is a way better deal for streaming (not for privacy!).

@illyhosting said:
    I personally use ProtonVPN, 4€/month - 2 devices, speed is good, everything else works perfectly!

Yes, ProtonVPN, IVPN, and Mullvad are the best options for privacy and some form of anonimity nowadays.

Windscribe is something in between. Works decently, somehow transparent, still not at the level of the others three above.

Best option ever for privacy only is the VPN you setup for yourself, though.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • sgheghele said: +1. I have their lifetime, paid like 5EUR. It's nothing in terms of money, but I still wasted it. Streaming does not work, speed is sub 20mbit/s (on 100mbit/s connection) most of the time

It was fast for me (280Mbps, 5Mbps less compared to 285Mbps w/o VPN.), however, their windows client didn't work for me so I asked for a refund.

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited January 2020

@sgheghele said:

@Rami said:

@magicvpn said:

@Falco33 said:

+1. I have their lifetime, paid like 5EUR. It's nothing in terms of money, but I still wasted it. Streaming does not work, speed is sub 20mbit/s (on 100mbit/s connection) most of the time, nobody knows who they are and if they log.

Ivacy is a way better deal for streaming (not for privacy!).

@illyhosting said:

Yes, ProtonVPN, IVPN, and Mullvad are the best options for privacy and some form of anonimity nowadays.

Windscribe is something in between. Works decently, somehow transparent, still not at the level of the others three above.

Best option ever for privacy only is the VPN you setup for yourself, though.

Agree that Ivacy is the better deal for sure. I have reached 50+ Mbits with FastestVPN though.

• @klikli said:

Yes it's back now. I I am waiting for it to drop back to US$40 so I can buy it at US$24 :)

I bought one and I'm testing it, seems good so far. I lost about 10 Mbps from my selfhosted VPN (~75 vs ~85 Mbps in download).

I had issues creating the account (for some reason it didn't go ahead) but the support was helpful and fast.

I'd like to point out, for posterity, that you can request additional .ovpn profiles if you need them (other server locations I mean).

• Can someone explain how VPN providers are doing IP leak prevention for dual stacked clients? How is this not an OS problem instead of the VPN provider? The provider provides the tunnel and network, the OS does the routing.

Does Windows allow simultaneous IPV4 and IPv6 tunnels to work? That's the obvious way to me to prevent IP leak on dual stacked clients.

I always thought providers who advertised IP leak prevention feature just had a kill switch so if tunnel dropped, you didn't still connect to the Internet using actual IP without realizing, different than dual stacked leakage.

• @TimboJones said:
    Can someone explain how VPN providers are doing IP leak prevention for dual stacked clients? How is this not an OS problem instead of the VPN provider? The provider provides the tunnel and network, the OS does the routing.

Does Windows allow simultaneous IPV4 and IPv6 tunnels to work? That's the obvious way to me to prevent IP leak on dual stacked clients.

I always thought providers who advertised IP leak prevention feature just had a kill switch so if tunnel dropped, you didn't still connect to the Internet using actual IP without realizing, different than dual stacked leakage.

Just like I do manually, many vpn providers just disable IPv6 adapter (traffic) all together.

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • sgheghele said: Best option ever for privacy only is the VPN you setup for yourself, though.

I am curious, if someone trace it back to your VPS (IP), and they monitor traffic from your VPS, won't your identity be leaked anyway?

• I've not had great success with FastestVPN, will be giving it some more grief tonight to see how it performs. So far i've had broken servers and bad speeds. Although I was seeing 200mbps+ over wifi last night on their UK VPN - but this was physically <10miles from me.

• @greattomeetyou said:

sgheghele said: Best option ever for privacy only is the VPN you setup for yourself, though.

I am curious, if someone trace it back to your VPS (IP), and they monitor traffic from your VPS, won't your identity be leaked anyway?

Best option for privacy, not for anonymity :smile:

A self-hosted VPN is the worst option for anonymity. You are the only person owning that VPS and that IP.

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited January 2020

@sgheghele said:

@greattomeetyou said:

sgheghele said: Best option ever for privacy only is the VPN you setup for yourself, though.

A self-hosted VPN is the worst option for anonymity. You are the only person owning that VPS and that IP.

@sgheghele said:

@greattomeetyou said:

Exactly. In the end it comes down to the purpose as to why you use a VPN. I wouldn't want to bother with hosting my own since I use it for unblocking Streaming Services and for streaming series from sites that are considered grey-ish in Germany (so to avoid "automatisierte Abmahnungen.."). I cba to always setup a new Flix VPS whenever my providers IP gets blacklisted by Flix so I stick to VPN services for that.

• Ivacy disconnent over time?
    FastestVPN disconnented after an hour.

• @dragon1993 said:
    Ivacy disconnent over time?

Haven't had this issue so far. Maybe consult live chat :)

• vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited January 2020

@Ympker said:

@dragon1993 said:

I get that too when I am testing... for selected Servers particular in Asia either disconnects or hangs . Posting here in addition to ivacy chat

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @Falco33 said:

https://stacksocial.com/sales/fastestvpn-lifetime-subscription

only $15 now :

https://stacksocial.com/sales/fastestvpn-lifetime-subscription-2-devices

• @vyas11 said:

@Ympker said:

@dragon1993 said:

I get that too when I am testing... for selected Servers particular in Asia either disconnects or hangs . Posting here in addition to ivacy chat

Firefox extension works well for me, give it a try.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • Rami said: FastestVPN is a waste of money IMHO

Absolutely. I just got my refund yesterday. It connects 1 out of 10 times and even when it connects it is painstakingly slow.

• klikliklikli Member
    edited February 2020

The party is over, coupons cannot be used together with Ivacy :(

• @klikli said:
    The party is over, coupons cannot be used together with Ivacy :(

Well, 40$ for lifetime still isn't bad :)

• Thank you :)

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • Using Ivacy almost daily here in Valencia for Flix/CR and it's quite swift :)

• Just wanted to tell you guys that if you're trying to use Ivacy with an .ovpn profile you need to contact support to have the username, since it's different from the email you used to register.

Finally figured it out the other day when I gave up and wrote to support.

Thanked by 1Ouji
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited February 2020

@479555 said:
    Just wanted to tell you guys that if you're trying to use Ivacy with an .ovpn profile you need to contact support to have the username, since it's different from the email you used to register.

Finally figured it out the other day when I gave up and wrote to support.

I think I never did that, although haven't used Ivacy manual setup for a while. Maybe they changed it.

Windscribe also does that for security reasons I believe. A username for ovpn will be generated.

• Vpnunlimited is far good when comparing with Ivacy.

• @Deepak_leb said:
    Vpnunlimited is far good when comparing with Ivacy.

Agree Vpnunlimited better Ivacy

Thanked by 1Deepak_leb