Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CYBER MONDAY 2019 OFFICIAL DEAL THREAD: NO GIMMICKS, NO FUSS.... JUST DEALZ - Page 9
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

CYBER MONDAY 2019 OFFICIAL DEAL THREAD: NO GIMMICKS, NO FUSS.... JUST DEALZ

Comments

• @Ouji said:

Mic-hael said: Get a .com domain for $6.99/year recurring if you have atleast 1 other service

Does that apply if I have another domain? And does it apply for transfers?

Another domain counts but this deal won't include transfers, sorry!

Thanked by 1Ouji
  • Mic-hael said: Another domain counts but this deal won't include transfers, sorry!

It makes sense, no problem!

Thanks!

Thanked by 1MichaelCee
  • @dahartigan said:
    If someone has managed to run something useful on a virmach flash server I'd love to hear about it. I have a small 512mb that was $6 or something, it's barely holding up a simple secondary DNS server lol

Stop running a Plex instance full of K-Pop vidz on it, then!! :lol:

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • @bdl said:

@dahartigan said:
    If someone has managed to run something useful on a virmach flash server I'd love to hear about it. I have a small 512mb that was $6 or something, it's barely holding up a simple secondary DNS server lol

Stop running a Plex instance full of K-Pop vidz on it, then!! :lol:

Haha I assure you my man, that this guy doesn't do K-Pop. Slipknot vids for me lol

Gotta admit though, never really had a thing for asian girls like other white guys do, but some of those girls are cute ;)

Thanked by 1bdl
  • gleertgleert Member, Host Rep

Flash Sale

1 GB RAM
    1 CPU Core
    20 GB SSD
    1 TB Traffic
    1 Gbps port speed
    1 IPv4
    /64 IPv6

12€/year with coupon code NWF96B6X2G

Order HERE

• Can a provider offer any good storage deals?

• vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited December 2019

@gleert said:
    Flash Sale

1 GB RAM
    1 CPU Core
    20 GB SSD
    1 TB Traffic
    1 Gbps port speed
    1 IPv4
    /64 IPv6

12€/year with coupon code NWF96B6X2G

Order HERE

Thanks for the offer, one Question:
    Will the VAT be adjusted as a credit in the final invoice? I still see 12 Eur + VAT in the shopping cart after I add my country / address

Thanks

(Edit: This is for non-EU Address, also highlighted by @gleert in their response below)

vyas11 said: Thanks for the offer, one Question:
    Will the VAT be adjusted as a credit in the final invoice? I still see 12 Eur + VAT in the shopping cart after I add my country / address

Thanks

Yes, as long as it's a non EU address.

Thanked by 1vyas11

@Nekki are you still in da house?

• RANDOM LOCATION DEPLOYMENT!
    Nice Joke :)

_> @HostDoc said:

• Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran
    edited December 2019

dahartigan said: If someone has managed to run something useful on a virmach flash server I'd love to hear about it.

For what it's worth, I have two relatively beefy VirMach VPSes from last year's Black Friday sales that I just renewed for another year:

• $74.85/year: 4 vcores at 3GHz, 10 GB RAM, 120 GB SSD, 4000 GB monthly transfer on 10 Gb/s network
    • $39.69/year: 4 vcores at 3GHz, 8 GB RAM, 60 GB SSD, 3000 GB monthly transfer on 10 Gb/s network

Both use E5-2690 v2 processors, and both are in Buffalo.

I'm using the one with 10 GB RAM as a Jenkins build server and a Prometheus/Grafana server for monitoring: Scraping metrics from Netdata once per minute from ~10 other VPSes, and tracking ping times every minute. I've got the 8 GB one configured as a hot standby for my DNS servers too (MySQL + PowerDNS) and a Jenkins build agent. All working fine for me and I haven't had any issues. The only thing I dislike is that it's on ColoCrossing's network and does not have native IPv6, so I have to use HE.NET IPv6 tunnels. Oh well.

I wasn't sure how much RAM Prometheus would use... Turns out I'm not even using 4 GB out of the 10 GB. I was going to consolidate everything onto the cheaper VPS but haven't had time to, so just renewed everything for another year and figure I'll sort it out next year some time.

• @Daniel15 said:

so just renewed everything for another year and figure I'll sort it out next year some time.

Said by everyone.

• ouvounouvoun Member
    edited December 2019

@HostDoc

@dahartigan said:

Word to the wise.. the "Double Up!" promo applies to the flash sales too... https://hostdochost.i.ng/pricing/#1561004786329-247546d1-f052

Make sure you put "Double Up!" in the order notes. That's vital.

Just to be clear, will the double up offer work for orders placed right now, or tomorrow?

• dahartigandahartigan Member
    edited December 2019

@ouvoun said:
    @HostDoc

@dahartigan said:

Word to the wise.. the "Double Up!" promo applies to the flash sales too... https://hostdochost.i.ng/pricing/#1561004786329-247546d1-f052

Make sure you put "Double Up!" in the order notes. That's vital.

Just to be clear, will the double up offer work for orders placed right now, or tomorrow?

Right now, don't delay or you'll miss out.

Edit: I'd better elaborate. HostDoc is based in the UK and as of this moment it's very early Monday morning. There can't be too many places in the world where it's not Monday yet, right? :-)

• TimboJonesTimboJones Member
    edited December 2019

@dahartigan said:

@Bertie said:

dahartigan said:
    That's a tempting deal, but Virmach's CPU policy is too strict for anything but idling from what I've seen. Would make a nice idler though lol

I can't think of any meaningful application you could run with an extremely throttled CPU core and a ton of free, available memory. I've been trying to figure out a usage for these higher RAM/CPU VPSes, and can't come up with anything but a Zimbra/Groupware stack of some sort.

There's virtually nothing useful you could use it for. I'd be worried that even an apt update would be "abusive". The RAM would almost certainly be oversold too, so it wouldn't really be suitable for a database (especially with CPU limits)

I don't know what you're doing wrong, but a wireguard pihole work nicely on 512MB and 1 core.

If your cheap deal can be transferred to west Coast US, I'd take it off your hands.

• nemnem Member, Host Rep

APNSCP/ApisCP hosting platform lifetime licenses on sale for $99 through Monday. APNSCP is a platform built to be as close to set-it-and-forget-it as design allows with periodic integrity scrubs, per-account isolation, resource enforcement, and multi-user. APNSCP is built by a firm that has specialized in shared hosting for over 17 years. This will be the last time lifetimes go on sale for under $100, enjoy!

Monthlies arrive December 15 for $15/month. New edge update now reports PHP-FPM pool status + cache efficiency. v3.1.11 will be out later this week.

Thanked by 2commercial Scottsman
  • I want to say that I've sent a bunch of managed clients over to apis and they're competent, and apnscp is amazing.

• nemnem Member, Host Rep

@hzr said:
    I want to say that I've sent a bunch of managed clients over to apis and they're competent, and apnscp is amazing.

Thanks for taking the time to vouch. It means a lot to me :)

• TimboJones said: I don't know what you're doing wrong, but a wireguard pihole work nicely on 512MB and 1 core.

I'm actually doing that on some Mikho 128M NAT boxes and using a 768M Virmach box as a load-balancer/DoH proxy in front of them.

• This is dead, someone please save us.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

Still awake. 😁

• @TimboJones said:

@dahartigan said:

@Bertie said:

dahartigan said:
    That's a tempting deal, but Virmach's CPU policy is too strict for anything but idling from what I've seen. Would make a nice idler though lol

I can't think of any meaningful application you could run with an extremely throttled CPU core and a ton of free, available memory. I've been trying to figure out a usage for these higher RAM/CPU VPSes, and can't come up with anything but a Zimbra/Groupware stack of some sort.

There's virtually nothing useful you could use it for. I'd be worried that even an apt update would be "abusive". The RAM would almost certainly be oversold too, so it wouldn't really be suitable for a database (especially with CPU limits)

I don't know what you're doing wrong, but a wireguard pihole work nicely on 512MB and 1 core.

If your cheap deal can be transferred to west Coast US, I'd take it off your hands.

I only have pihole installed, it does work fine. Maybe I'm fussy but it just feels sluggish compared to similar specs elsewhere. For the price, I'm not complaining.. it works, just.. maybe I have a bad apple perhaps. It's in LA actually, was the motivation for getting it lol

• @dahartigan said:

I only have pihole installed, it does work fine. Maybe I'm fussy but it just feels sluggish compared to similar specs elsewhere. For the price, I'm not complaining.. it works, just.. maybe I have a bad apple perhaps. It's in LA actually, was the motivation for getting it lol

I have it on 512mb storage KVMs too.
    The max value trinity: vpn, rsync storage, dns filtering.

• Good morning. Please soms dedis - save us!

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

we will most probably add some more deals during the day :-)

• Hey providers, most of the buyers are sleeping right now. Just the right time to land some deadpool-inducing deals! :lol:

Thanked by 2uptime user123
  • @pullangcubo said:
    Hey providers, most of the buyers are sleeping right now. Just the right time to land some deadpool-inducing deals! :lol:

Agreed

Thanked by 1pullangcubo
  • Good morning, any cheap dedicated deals in Europe like terrahost? :)

• @Kodis said:
    Good morning, any cheap dedicated deals in Europe like terrahost? :)

I wish

• So nothing missed since my sleep time:)
    Waiting for providers to wake up.
    @terrahost I'm waiting for you :)

This discussion has been closed.