Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Netcup HAD some truly savage Black Friday deals today - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Netcup HAD some truly savage Black Friday deals today

1235»

Comments

• @rchurch My response was to @plumberg's query whether it was ok to keep a sustained load running 24*7. That is very much possible. As to whether they are cores or threads, it's quite obvious.

• fr33turbinefr33turbine Member
    edited December 2019

FWIW I tested it with 2 simultaneous plex transcodes at 1080p max bitrate (37mbps) and it can handle it. If you skip to a specific time..it takes about 10-15 secs to buffer but then smooth playback.

Thanked by 1rchurch
  • jvnadr said: At first, it's not 20 cores, it's 40 threads. So, you get 4 dedicated threads, in total of 40. Secondly, they are obviously do some kind of overselling, just not a heavy one. I suppose they do meter their nodes and it is impossible for all of the clients using 100% of their cores 24/7, so, there is always room for some overselling.

It looks to me that the benefit of their dedicated cores is not having to deal with hardware issues yourself, or reinstallation issues if the dedicated don't have IPMI, because dedicated servers at the same price offer more processing power, when it comes to RAM though these dedicated core VPS seems to offer more than dedicated servers.

They just move a client to a more free node, when they see that he tend to use all the power 24/7, as every hosting provider does.

When the clients are moved to freer nodes is the process transparent, ie no stopping no noticeable slowdown?

• @EHRA said:
    The netcup CPU is very good. PHPFriends is selling slow and old CPU.

I second the same opinion

• gks said: @EHRA said:

The netcup CPU is very good. PHPFriends is selling slow and old CPU.

I second the same opinion

do you have a link to your geekbench 4 score?
    Thanks.