Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ Black Friday & Cyber Week 2019 ★ RAID 10 SSD ★ KVM ★ Check inside for offers! - Page 63
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ Black Friday & Cyber Week 2019 ★ RAID 10 SSD ★ KVM ★ Check inside for offers!

Comments

• @uptime said:
    lol ... I guess you could balance things out a bit with a 8 GB ramdisk

We can balance things using a cheap but not 10GB SSD VPS and 8000GB bandwidth. :wink:

Thanked by 1uptime
  • @scorcher9 said:
    So about reinstalling the OS, in WHMCS it says

Rebuild Usage: 0 of 1 (1 free) - If you run out, please contact support and we'll reinstall it for you.

For another service it says 50 free.

Is this something new or this limit was always there?

Several days ago someone had a guess that this limit is just a prevention for not submitting multiple installation request at the same time. You can reinstall your OS unlimited and free, in SolusVM panel.

Thanked by 2scorcher9 ariq01
  • $18.68 /yr
    VIRTUALIZATION KVM – 1 GIGABIT
    RAM 768MB RAM
    CPU 1 vCORE
    HDD 25GB SSD (RAID 10)
    BANDWIDTH 500GB BANDWIDTH
    LOCATION PISCATAWAY, NJ LOCATION
    IPs 1 DEDICATED IPv4

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited December 2019

The Seattle node I'm on (the nice 10 GB ram / 4 vcores / 30 GB ssd deal) has so far been doing fairly consistent range of sequential write speed between 120 MB/s and 160 MB/s ... and CPU is clocked at 2.1 GHz (geekbench: https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/14992890 - I noticed up to 20% cpu steal when doing the multi-core). So - as expected - fairly modest performance. But (I expect) should be generally stable and sufficient for my needs.

At some point (maybe in a few weeks) I'll see if it might be possible to enable aes flag - otherwise will have to re-adjust expectations about whether to use full-disk encryption.

will just be idling for now though - until the dust settles a bit.

Thanked by 2scorcher9 Chronic
  • @scorcher9 said:

Rebuild Usage: 0 of 1 (1 free) - If you run out, please contact support and we'll reinstall it for you.

Why not just use ISO to re-install?

Thanked by 2uptime scorcher9
  • @dTQzBen8 Failed to re> @dtoker said:

Why do we have to contact support to reinstall the OS? Is there an additional cost for doing that?

You can always reinstall from solusvm. (Services >Actions >Management > Control Panel)

Thanked by 2uptime dtoker
  • @sanvit said:

@scorcher9 said:

Why not just use ISO to re-install?

Can I use ISO to reinstall? Never try that.

Now I'm going to download Windows 98 and install it into a 10Gb(TM) thing.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • dTQzBen8 said: Now I'm going to download Windows 98 and install it into a 10Gb(TM) thing.

Thanked by 2FAT32 isunbejo
  • It seems many people waiting for the last deal, hope it’s a big surprise

• I am waiting for this year's egg

• sanvit said: Why not just use ISO to re-install?

I normally use solusvm to install but I was just checking because another user mentioned it.

If those limits were actually applied 1 reinstall is fine I guess but why would someone need to do it 50 times.

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@RecD @zxxx I have to repeat this again: Good things happen when you least expect them to happen. Don't expect anything to happen, then anything happen will be a surprise.

Thanked by 2uptime zxxx
  • $35.99 /yr
    WINDOWS WINDOWS AVAILABLE
    RAM 4096MB RAM
    CPU 4 vCORE
    HDD 30GB SSD (RAID 10)
    BANDWIDTH 3000GB BANDWIDTH
    IPs 1 DEDICATED IPv4

• LIMITED OFFER
    $35.99 /yr
    RAM 4096MB RAM
    CPU 4 vCORE
    HDD 30GB SSD (RAID 10)
    BANDWIDTH 3000GB BANDWIDTH
    IPs 1 DEDICATED IPv4

Almost what i wanted

• @scorcher9 said:

If those limits were actually applied 1 reinstall is fine I guess but why would someone need to do it 50 times.

For not keeping it idle.

@uptime said:

dTQzBen8 said: Now I'm going to download Windows 98 and install it into a 10Gb(TM) thing.

Don't panic, I find everywhere and realize I don't have that 10Gb(TM) thing.

@VirMach said:

@Crab said:
    I actually got to a checkout, but then it showed cart being empty. It is kind of funny not to be able to pick up your own request due to popular demand :)

I mean if you really think you still want this after I ruined it, shoot me a PM with your e-mail address.

@VirMach can you confirm this still valid? If it is I would like to buy 64MB one, or if you can do a VirBastardized™ collection with a reasonable price, I will take it, haha. :wink:

Thanked by 1uptime
  • dTQzBen8 said: For not keeping it idle.

@VirMach is going to hate you for not keeping it idle.

Thanked by 1FAT32
  • $38.72 /yr
    RAM 5504MB RAM
    CPU 4 vCORE
    HDD 30GB SSD (RAID 10)
    BANDWIDTH 4000GB BANDWIDTH
    IPs 1 DEDICATED IPv4

• dTQzBen8dTQzBen8 Member
    edited December 2019

@Freelogic said:
    $38.72 /yr
    RAM 5504MB RAM
    CPU 4 vCORE
    HDD 30GB SSD (RAID 10)
    BANDWIDTH 4000GB BANDWIDTH
    IPs 1 DEDICATED IPv4

3 more dollars, 1408MB more memory. But since 5504 is not 5120, I will refuse it. :(

EDIT: I regret, I should take it!

• Does anybody know if @VirMach can offer DirectAdmin license as well? (ofcourse not included in these server/vps pricing).

• $19.95 /yr
    RAM 1664MB RAM
    CPU 1 vCORE
    HDD 35GB SSD (RAID 10)
    BANDWIDTH 1500GB BANDWIDTH
    LOCATION DALLAS, TX LOCATION
    IPs 1 DEDICATED IPv4

• BlazingBlazing Member
    edited December 2019

No need to refuse, flash sale refuse you (there's a Russian Party joke in there somewhere)

I selected offer the moment it appeared. I had it in my cart, in my already logged-in VM account with preset payment/billing already established (not more than 60sec)
    OOS when I went to billing.

@dTQzBen8 said:
    3 more dollars, 1408MB more memory. But since 5504 is not 5120, I will refuse it. :(

• @Blazing said:
    No need to refuse, flash sale refuse you (there's a Russian Party joke in there somewhere)

I selected and had it in my cart in my already logged-in VM account with billing already preset (not more than 60sec)
    OOS when I went to billing.

@dTQzBen8 said:

Sigh, I did a bit calculation and find out it's reasonable. And then I saw "Switching soon"

• $19.65 /yr
    RAM 640MB RAM
    CPU 1 vCORE
    HDD 25GB SSD (RAID 10)
    BANDWIDTH 500GB BANDWIDTH
    LOCATION BUFFALO, NY LOCATION
    IPs 1 DEDICATED IPv4

• If it makes you feel any better, that momentary mental calculation wouldn't have made a difference.

@dTQzBen8 said:
    Sigh, I did a bit calculation and find out it's reasonable. And then I saw "Switching soon"

• @Blazing said:
    If it makes you feel any better, that momentary mental calculation wouldn't have made a difference.

@dTQzBen8 said:

Yeah you're right, my value function said it is above $30 so would not like accept it, but after a while I think I should take it.

• Take the shot ... TAKE THE SHOT!!!!!1

• @virmach 1u 128ram 1T SEA

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

It is already 12pm EST now, where's @VirMach :(

You seems to be here 11am EST yesterday.

• donlidonli Member
    edited December 2019

@FAT32 said:

Picking picking up the pieces like my "Virtual server not found" I guess.

Thanked by 1FAT32
  • randomqrandomq Member
    edited December 2019

@FAT32 said:

Transferred the sale money to his bank in the Bahamas, setting fire to the office, and getting on the next flight with his spare passport...

Thanked by 2Chronic uptime