Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What sort of bad experiences have you had with ColoCrossing hosts?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What sort of bad experiences have you had with ColoCrossing hosts?

Inspired by @jbiloh’s challenge in the BF Offers thread, I’d like to clear away all the FUD and find out what sort of negative experiences individuals have had with hosting brands either directly tied to or closely linked to our great benefactors.

So that’s what I’m looking for - please explain what went wrong for you. If you haven’t had a service, please resist the temptation to chime in, and let’s avoid simplistic nonsense. I’d like to understand the real, chunky problems people have had to deal with.

Comments

• My only ColoCrossing host experience is via VirMach and it has been superb so far. No complains.

• A whole lodda emails.

Thanked by 1PureVoltage
  • They're really not all that bad.

• donlidonli Member
    edited November 2019

Very overloaded cheap shared hosting accounts at CC LEB promoted providers (although things seem to be a bit better lately).

(Also A ColocCrossing host ate my IPv6 packets).

Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting
  • surprisingly not many problems because I don't sign up for summer host trash hosts, cc themselves are not.. bad per se

• hzr said: surprisingly

I knew I didn't recognise you.

• Overloaded vm's with blacklisted IP range as bonus.

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

I once wrote a short review about some VPS from a CC client I had found on LEB and tried for I think 3 months long before I discovered LET. Unfortunately I don't remember the provider but I remember that my (rather negative) review has been quickly deleted. By whom I didn't find out. Re the provider I only remember that it was in the USA ("Imiz" or something like that).
    Since then I have avoided LEB and only "re-discovered" it when a friend and colleague told me about LET and how LET was so much better than LEB which made me first look for a while and then join.
    FWIW, said friend and colleague had a VPS with "hostslim" (or "vmslim" or some such) via LEB and kept it for a year but then cancelled it because he was quite dissatisfied. I can ask him for his reasons if that is of interest but I remember that the word he used was not "fraud" or "scam" but "crappy".

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor
    edited November 2019

Took a couple calculated risks with CC-based/enabled hosts.

• VortexNode - Cheap CC dedi (in Buffalo). Company folded several months later.
    • HiFormance - Cheap VPS on CC hardware. VPS was flaky at the best of times. Company folded halfway through the contract (1 year term).

Am I to blame? Is CC to blame? Is the shithost to blame? Probably yes to all three. I would never gamble any money on a CC-based host that I wasn't willing to lose, but still... if they offer a service and I buy that service, it should be fulfilled.

To my now-seasoned eye, I pretty much know what to avoid, but all you have to do is peruse through comments in LEB threads to know something is going on to result in providers with many negative comments and warnings about inferior products to be constantly re-featured time and time again.

• ipv6

Thanked by 1DP
  • datanoisedatanoise Member
    edited November 2019

@VortexMagnus - not directly CC related though, as @jbiloh said back then.

jsg said: my (rather negative) review has been quickly deleted.

Where was it posted?

@datanoise said:
    @VortexMagnus - not directly CC related though, as @jbiloh already said a long, long time ago.

jsg said: my (rather negative) review has been quickly deleted.

Where was it posted?

At LEB (some years ago).

Thanked by 1datanoise
  • LostMyBytes

• Last year, there was a LEB CC-based provider (I forget the name) who deadpooled and CC (Chris?) deleted all traces of their offers on LEB when people began to complain

@angstrom said:
    Last year, there was a LEB CC-based provider (I forget the name) who deadpooled and CC (Chris?) deleted all traces of their offers on LEB when people began to complain

Anyone surprised? I guess not.

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • Reading, it's a gift:

If you haven’t had a service, please resist the temptation to chime in, and let’s avoid simplistic nonsense.

Thanked by 1Nekki
  • @jsg said:

@angstrom said:
    Last year, there was a LEB CC-based provider (I forget the name) who deadpooled and CC (Chris?) deleted all traces of their offers on LEB when people began to complain

Anyone surprised? I guess not.

When that happened, I confess that I was surprised. At that time, I didn't think that they would simply delete all of the offers of the said provider, which was tantamount to erasing the historical record.

• @PHDan said: Reading, it's a gift:

Hey, reading is hard!

(That said, I thought that my contribution was relevant to the topic of the thread -- just a reminder of what happened!)

• @SirFoxy said:
    They're really not all that bad.

Based on what experience, and with whom?

@donli said:
    Very overloaded cheap shared hosting accounts at CC LEB promoted providers (although things seem to be a bit better lately).

Which provider specifically, and when?

@isijosamua said:
    Overloaded vm's with blacklisted IP range as bonus.

@tgl said:
    ipv6

Wasteman.

@vovler said:
    LostMyBytes

What was the story, how did it go wrong?

• @Nekki said:

@SirFoxy said:
    They're really not all that bad.

Based on what experience, and with whom?

@donli said:

@isijosamua said:
    Overloaded vm's with blacklisted IP range as bonus.

@tgl said:
    ipv6

Wasteman.

@vovler said:
    LostMyBytes

What was the story, how did it go wrong?

Virmach, only CC host I used, CC itself isn't responsible for shit hosts who use them.

• SirFoxy said: CC itself isn't responsible for shit hosts who use them.

That's the question. It would be possible to think otherwise.

• PureVoltagePureVoltage Member, Patron Provider

Have never used them personally or professionally. However we have had clients come from there and heard some horror stories about it.

My only knowledge of them is from before their Colocrossing days when they just did game server hosting. Our current knowledge of them is the amount of spam emails sent from their network has them black listed from a lot of companies networks completely.

• fraud, spam , deadpooling , spam.

• @datanoise said:

SirFoxy said: CC itself isn't responsible for shit hosts who use them.

Looking back, oddly enough, I was kind of trying to defend CC in that thread. :smiley:

Thanked by 1datanoise
  • @datanoise said:

SirFoxy said: CC itself isn't responsible for shit hosts who use them.

It's also possible to have different opinions than yours. Not one to join bandwagons.

• datanoisedatanoise Member
    edited November 2019

SirFoxy said: It's also possible to have different opinions than yours.

Of course, Sir. Why not?

• @SirFoxy said:
    It's also possible to have different opinions than yours

No! You are wrong!

Thanked by 1SirFoxy
  • @uptime said:

@SirFoxy said:
    It's also possible to have different opinions than yours

No! You are wrong!

)-;

Thanked by 1uptime
  • CC is like safe haven for shitty host , they let them advertise thier too good to be true offers on LEB , had bad experience with many of them but im not loosing millions.

• almost all of them provide blacklisted ip from the beginning
    • they denie my claim of poor uptime but uptime monitor says otherwise
    • refund what's that ? When you ask them for refund they will avoid your ticket like plague
    • also ive noticed you get almost same reply in ticket and same type of promotional offers via mail from all of them , its like all of the shitty hosts are handled by one person
    • only stable colo host ive found is virmach thier buffalo special KVM is performing better than expected.

LET snatch provider tag for not issuing refund , hope LEB can atleast punish this shitty host and not let them advertise on BF

• WelcomeHosting

Got a monthly promo (thankfully) on LEB (never go there since then). It was cheap at $2.08 for 2X2. More befitting for the service rendered than the prices now. Prices now are not "sustainable" , just plain obscene.

During order the page showed only LA, or at least I chose LA. Few days no service. Raised ticket and then it got provisioned somewhere NY. The first node was fucked up. Slow as fuck. Told them about LA and they said sorry no space in LA, wait a bit. So they moved me to Chicago. It was slightly better the node. Still not in LA.

Nearer the end of the billing month was lucky to get moved to LA, this node is best among all on hardware. Smooth. Thought PMS is over, but wait, suddenly the network is real slow, lag, can't SSH. It was fluctuating much until the end of billing month decided not to renew.

Support are always " pls check again" "should be fine now" level of replies. With migration it's fine but with network obviously not much help.

Then I found virmach end of story

Thanked by 2uptime Edmond