Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheap Storage Server for Content - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheap Storage Server for Content

2»

Comments

• @ITLabs said:
    Next p*rnhub is born!

You wish, haha.

• With some careful planning you could theoretically build a reverse proxy on a nice cheap Romanian server and have the files themselves elsewhere, as long as that location is never exposed... use sshfs or something. Wouldn't be amazing performance if multiple simultaneous downloads happenbut yolo, right?

• @dahartigan said:
    With some careful planning you could theoretically build a reverse proxy on a nice cheap Romanian server and have the files themselves elsewhere, as long as that location is never exposed... use sshfs or something. Wouldn't be amazing performance if multiple simultaneous downloads happenbut yolo, right?

Well something like that will happen any way but I actually need somewhere to actually store the files firstly.

• @sgno1 said:

@dahartigan said:
    With some careful planning you could theoretically build a reverse proxy on a nice cheap Romanian server and have the files themselves elsewhere, as long as that location is never exposed... use sshfs or something. Wouldn't be amazing performance if multiple simultaneous downloads happenbut yolo, right?

Well something like that will happen any way but I actually need somewhere to actually store the files firstly.

Well, if that's the case you just need storage. Closer to your "proxy" geographically would be better. So basically any of the European locations should be ideal.

• Generally sites like this have the life span of a WWI fighter pilot.
    Is it really worth the effort?

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • @OsirisBlack said:
    Generally sites like this have the life span of a WWI fighter pilot.

If he prepaid for a year there would be some premium drama to look forward to in a month or so..

• @dahartigan said:

@OsirisBlack said:

If he prepaid for a year there would be some premium drama to look forward to in a month or so..

At the end of the day I'm just doing it for experience I probably don't even expect any viewers to be honest, I'm just seeing how far I can get with this project nothing more, nothing less. Also thanks for the SSHFS, that's quite useful!

• sgno1 said: I'm just seeing how far I can get with this project

Thanked by 2isunbejo Electr0man
  • Have u tried googledrive stream m3u8 scripts? Actually is good option for w4rez and cheap

• dahartigandahartigan Member
    edited November 2019

@sgno1 said:

@dahartigan said:

@OsirisBlack said:

At the end of the day I'm just doing it for experience I probably don't even expect any viewers to be honest, I'm just seeing how far I can get with this project nothing more, nothing less. Also thanks for the SSHFS, that's quite useful!

I understand, just be aware that if your experiment becomes popular you're going to become a DCMA target. SSHFS is an insanely useful tool.

Edit: here's a value-added tip also - don't forget that DCMA also go to cloudflare if you're using them (orange cloud on) so don't fall into that trap.

• @dahartigan said:

@sgno1 said:

@dahartigan said:

@OsirisBlack said:

I understand, just be aware that if your experiment becomes popular you're going to become a DCMA target. SSHFS is an insanely useful tool.

I was looking for a way to mount it to my drive also haha, I was about to resort to OwnCloud or an alternative, this has made things a lot easier! :)

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

The end is nigh.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • @sgno1 said:

@dahartigan said:

@sgno1 said:

@dahartigan said:

@OsirisBlack said:

I was looking for a way to mount it to my drive also haha, I was about to resort to OwnCloud or an alternative, this has made things a lot easier! :)

No worries, hopefully someone else gets inspired to play with sshfs too. I wouldn't recommend playing with fire though.

Perhaps what you're looking for is something like Plex? Run your own private Netflix. Throwing that out there in case you've never heard of it.

• @dahartigan said:

@sgno1 said:

@dahartigan said:

@sgno1 said:

@dahartigan said:

@OsirisBlack said:

No worries, hopefully someone else gets inspired to play with sshfs too. I wouldn't recommend playing with fire though.

Perhaps what you're looking for is something like Plex? Run your own private Netflix. Throwing that out there in case you've never heard of it.

I have, it's a fun project like I said. I know it won't grow as big as you are probably thinking of it being. At most it'll have is 5-10 viewers haha, it's just for experience. If I do get into trouble I'll end up taking it down.

• You can try with YouTube unlisted videos or fex.net. They will be slower to take those down.

• This doesn't sound like it will end well.

• You can store the file on almost any provider.

Just NO to public access to them without authentication.
    (As simple as an htpasswd file for starters.)

• Anyway, @sgno1 with all that said - how much space do you need? There's a few options..

1 Dedicated CPU core
    1 GB RAM
    2 TB Disk Space
    Unlimited 100mbps Bandwidth
    Support 24/7
    Canada
    $10/month ORDER (aff)

SPACE 1000 GB
    RAM 786 MB
    BANDWIDTH 10 TB @1 Gbit
    CPU CORE 2 @3.5GHz+*
    Pv4 1
    Free Webuzo Lite Control Panel*
    Free Blesta Billing Software ($10/month Value)
    Germany
    $7/month ORDER (aff)

KVM LINUX STORAGE VPS - DETAILS
    1TB SAS RAID-6 Disk Space ($5/TB Added...up to 25TB!)
    1GB RAM
    5TB Bandwidth
    1Gbps Uplink
    1 vCPU Thread
    1 IPv4 Address ($1/Per Additional IPV4)
    1 IPv6 Address (Free Additonal IPv6 upon request, up to /64)
    SolusVM Control Panel
    Fully Customizable Resources
    CentOS, Ubuntu, Debian, Mint, Fedora, & more...or ISO install.
    ORDER NOW (aff)- Starting at $6.95/monthly
    SERVICE LOCATIONS: Las Vegas NV, Chicago IL, Herndon VA
    Available Soon: Dallas TX

Enjoy :)

• @sgno1 said:

@dahartigan said:

@sgno1 said:

@dahartigan said:

@sgno1 said:

@dahartigan said:

@OsirisBlack said:

I have, it's a fun project like I said. I know it won't grow as big as you are probably thinking of it being. At most it'll have is 5-10 viewers haha, it's just for experience. If I do get into trouble I'll end up taking it down.

Hopefully they'll just ask you to take it down and that will be the end of it, but they might the it further.

Actually hosting and publicly sharing copyright material is completely different to just downloading the odd movie

Especially if you provide all of the sources, you don't even have the grey area of "well I can't be responsible for what my users post"

• @dahartigan said:
    Anyway, @sgno1 with all that said - how much space do you need? There's a few options..

1 Dedicated CPU core
    1 GB RAM
    2 TB Disk Space
    Support 24/7
    Canada
    $10/month ORDER (aff)

SPACE 1000 GB
    RAM 786 MB
    BANDWIDTH 10 TB @1 Gbit
    CPU CORE 2 @3.5GHz+*
    Pv4 1
    Germany
    $7/month ORDER (aff)

1GB RAM
    5TB Bandwidth
    1Gbps Uplink
    1 vCPU Thread
    SolusVM Control Panel

Thanks for the kind mention sir but I will have to pass this sale. Not dealing with Content Cops.

• @seriesn said:

@dahartigan said:
    Anyway, @sgno1 with all that said - how much space do you need? There's a few options..

1 Dedicated CPU core
    1 GB RAM
    2 TB Disk Space
    Support 24/7
    Canada
    $10/month ORDER (aff)

SPACE 1000 GB
    RAM 786 MB
    BANDWIDTH 10 TB @1 Gbit
    CPU CORE 2 @3.5GHz+*
    Pv4 1
    Germany
    $7/month ORDER (aff)

1GB RAM
    5TB Bandwidth
    1Gbps Uplink
    1 vCPU Thread
    SolusVM Control Panel

Thanks for the kind mention sir but I will have to pass this sale. Not dealing with Content Cops.

If he sets this up properly there shouldn't be any problems like that.