Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheap Storage Server for Content
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheap Storage Server for Content

I have a few downloaded movies and whatnot I was wondering if there are any hosters that actually allow such a thing to be stored on their services. I'm open to offers, just want to get an idea of who allows it and who does not.

Thank you!

Comments

• shillshockedshillshocked Member
    edited November 2019

Offshore/DMCA ignore hosts are your best bet, but they're not that cheap. Go with the Russians, or some other place where copyright is not strictly enforced. If it's not that much, you're probably better just getting a fex.net subscription, you can play the media in the storage on the web and it's dirt cheap per TB.

• sgno1sgno1 Member
    edited November 2019

@shillshocked said:
    Offshore/DMCA ignore hosts are your best bet, but they're not that cheap. Go with the Russians, or some other place where copyright is not strictly enforced. If it's not that much, you're probably better just getting a fex.net subscription, you can play the media in the storage on the web and it's dirt cheap per TB.

Would fex.net delete the file if it is reported or something? Or terminate the account? Don't want to upload a terabyte of files just to find out its all been deleted haha.

• It's for private use of you want to stream publicly?

• @datanoise said:
    It's for private use of you want to stream publicly?

Public

• Allow me to introduce you to hostsolutions.ro run by a potassium farmer in Romania, @cociu (he allows the activity you describe, and allows trade for sisters as long as they are strong on plow and not too much hair in chests)

• There is no word such as 'movies'. ISO's, there is good old ISO's. And you can host private ISO's everywhere you want. Private. ISO's.

• shillshockedshillshocked Member
    edited November 2019

@sgno1 said:

@shillshocked said:

Would fex.net delete the file if it is reported or something? Or terminate the account? Don't want to upload a terabyte of files just to find out its all been deleted haha.

Not sure, but I've uploaded stuff I would considered copyrighted, for personal use, and had no problems. According to Russian law, they must be given written notices by postal service according to Russian standards, so I don't think a DMCA notice will do anything. As long as you're not spreading it far and wide the likelihood of anything happening is near zero. Give it a whirl.

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

Prem ISOs

• sgno1sgno1 Member
    edited November 2019

Bump, still looking for a Storage Server that would let me store these files!

edited November 2019

Hetzner, GDrive there are plenty out there.

Hetzner storage boxes are prem though.

• Payment is Altcoin (BTC etc)

I'm sure @cociu can hook you up with something.

• dfroedfroe Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2019

@sgno1 said:

If you are still looking, you should read again, look closer at this thread and follow the hints you may find there.

Let me give you another one: BTC is another payment method accepted by Romanian potassium farmers as announced today. ;)

Thanked by 1dahartigan

@dfroe said:

@sgno1 said:

If you are still looking, you should read again, look closer at this thread and follow the hints you may find there.

Let me give you another one: BTC is another payment method accepted by Romanian potassium farmers. ;)

Also fartmothers too.... we can't forget about the fartmothers.....

• @dahartigan said:
    Allow me to introduce you to hostsolutions.ro run by a potassium farmer in Romania, @cociu (he allows the activity you describe, and allows trade for sisters as long as they are strong on plow and not too much hair in chests)

Not a good choice,it's no customer support provider. You don't get tickets reply for weeks,some cases months. For money it's ok but in case of failures you can't do much,unless you buy dedicated server where you get quick service. Instead go for Hetzner.

Hostsolutions "-1"

Choice remains free.

• @Jord said:

Already have a quote from cociu but I want to host a few, don't want everything in one place.

@Merlincool said:

@dahartigan said:
    Allow me to introduce you to hostsolutions.ro run by a potassium farmer in Romania, @cociu (he allows the activity you describe, and allows trade for sisters as long as they are strong on plow and not too much hair in chests)

Not a good choice,it's no customer support provider. You don't get tickets reply for weeks,some cases months. For money it's ok but in case of failures you can't do much,unless you buy dedicated server where you get quick service. Instead go for Hetzner.

Hostsolutions "-1"

Choice remains free.

Since when does Hetzner accept BTC?

Thanked by 2dahartigan ITLabs

@sgno1 said:

@Jord said:

Already have a quote from cociu but I want to host a few, don't want everything in one place.

Ah well, I'm sure someone can help.

• @sgno1 said:

You just want to store. Or store and share. You can check that out - uptobox.com & 1fichier.com,I have used both and stored 4 TB data on each, I use for back up, I don't use for sharing. These are filehosting sites. Wait for BF deals to hit.

edited November 2019

@Merlincool said:
    Not a good choice,it's no customer support provider. You don't get tickets reply for weeks, some cases months. For money it's ok but in case of failures you can't do much, unless you buy dedicated server where you get quick service.

That might be true.
    But like in real life, also on LET not all your wishes might become true. :)

If it is just for disaster recovery and not to ensure availability, keeping a cold backup of your Romanian data on some HDDs in your home basement might be fine.

• @Merlincool said:

@sgno1 said:

You just want to store. Or store and share. You can check that out - uptobox.com & 1fichier.com,I have used both and stored 4 TB data on each, I use for back up, I don't use for sharing. These are filehosting sites. Wait for BF deals to hit.

Well it'll be stored on Storage Server 1 and links will be embedded into for example Main Server, in like a video player.

@sgno1 said:

@Merlincool said:

@sgno1 said:

Well it'll be stored on Storage Server 1 and links will be embedded into for example Main Server, in like a video player.

So let me get this right, you are storing movies, which you want to publicly host so people can watch them?

• @Jord said:

@sgno1 said:

@Merlincool said:

@sgno1 said:

So let me get this right, you are storing movies, which you want to publicly host so people can watch them?

Yes

RIGHT....

• Like Netflix.......

@Jord said:
    RIGHT....

@OsirisBlack said:
    Like Netflix.......

Just bigger .....

I doubt this will end well.

• sgno1sgno1 Member
    edited November 2019

I know the risks behind it, I'll take responsibility. Just need someone that is actually willing to let me store the files on the host without issue. I'd prefer it to be DMCA Ignored, but if it's not then it's still okay. But I can only pay through Bitcoin or an alternative.

• Next p*rnhub is born!

• @sgno1 said:

@Merlincool said:

@sgno1 said:

Well not sure about those kind of sharing. Generally they delete DMCA files without getting account banned. I am not sure what they have policy if you are a frequent defaulter. If you are sharing files then you must know that vps comes with limited bandwidth and like for example if you assume to use 500gb average bandwidth daily,you will end up reaching 10TB in less than months time and if you get more popular then 1TB per day consumption will soon end up your vps bandwidth for month. These sites I have mentioned comes with absolute no file space limit except 1fichier which has 10TB and 100TB plans.