Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will there be coupons for BF HostHongKong.net deals this year?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Will there be coupons for BF HostHongKong.net deals this year?

It's all in the title but here goes..

Will there be coupons for Black Friday HostHongKong.net offers this year?

I might be interested in their DeVM-1G offer. (1vCore/40GB/1GB/1TB) but not at the current 75 $HKD price, hence why I'm looking for a coupon/BF deal.

Thanks!

Comments

• Poke?

• Puck

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • Fuck!

Thanked by 1ITLabs
  • JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

Duck

Thanked by 2dahartigan ITLabs
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

Nigh

• Sigh

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited November 2019

HK is was nice, no question, but considering, its close to a invasion or civil war, I would not put any server there.

The hong kong police is already pulling a hitler and using ambulances to pull false flag attacks.

Thanked by 3Shot2 opshk maverickp
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

Well, Hong Kong as I used to know is no more.

• If the server comes with DDoS umbrella protection there will be no problem.

• Poke?

• Peek

• Seek

• Suck

• 🦆

• Sucky sucky

• @randvegeta to the rescue.

Awesome provider.

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

So it shall be done!

I will setup some new nodes, hopefully in time for BF, and will do a... 50% off type of price.

... ish ...

• @randvegeta said:
    So it shall be done!

I will setup some new nodes, hopefully in time for BF, and will do a... 50% off type of price.

... ish ...

Looking forward to good offers.

• @randvegeta said:
    So it shall be done!

Looking forward to grab one of those DeVM-1G offers given the promotional price is there.

• I just want HK NAT.

• @hzr said:
    I just want HK NAT.

@exception0x876 has them

Thanked by 1exception0x876
  • manlivomanlivo Member
    edited November 2019
  • @randvegeta still some hours left in the day for Cyber Monday ;-)

Thanked by 1randvegeta
    edited December 2019

@bryce said:
    @randvegeta still some hours left in the day for Cyber Monday ;-)

I haven't had time to really plan out a CyberMonday or Black Friday sale, but here's a coupon for 50% off EVERYTHING!

CyberMONDAY - Usable at www.hosthongkong.net

Applicable to all services that are paid monthly, quarterly or half annually.

Absolutely everything! Discount is recurring and will be offered as long as viable (which I assume to be forever).

Caveats: Setup time may be delayed if we have a crazy number of orders, but hopefully not.

Coupon valid until Friday.

Thanked by 1FAT32
  • FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire
    edited December 2019

Hi @randvegeta, do you mind add a few limited stocks for either of these?

1. HK-KVM-LET-SPECIAL-512MB
    2. HK-KVM-LET-SPECIAL-1G
    3. HK-KVM-NAT-256MB

Edit: Of course, best if coupon can be used too :D

Thanked by 1nullnothere

@FAT32 said:
    Hi @randvegeta, do you mind add a few limited stocks for either of these?

1. HK-KVM-LET-SPECIAL-512MB
    2. HK-KVM-LET-SPECIAL-1G

Edit: Of course, best if coupon can be used too :D

You want 50% off on the limited stock super cheap offers ? :D Well I can increase the stock so they can be ordered, but I don't have the servers currently setup to provision the VMs onto. But the 50% discount would not be applicable to these services as the 50% discount applies only to services with 1, 3 and 6 month billing cycles. The 1 year and over cycles have no such discount.

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@randvegeta said:
    You want 50% off on the limited stock super cheap offers ? :D Well I can increase the stock so they can be ordered, but I don't have the servers currently setup to provision the VMs onto. But the 50% discount would not be applicable to these services as the 50% discount applies only to services with 1, 3 and 6 month billing cycles. The 1 year and over cycles have no such discount.

I edited my list to include "HK-KVM-NAT-256MB" as well. Well you can add another coupon code for that, if you wish :D

edited December 2019

FAT32 said: HK-KVM-LET-SPECIAL-512MB
    HK-KVM-LET-SPECIAL-1G

The biggest problem with these plans is that they run on regular spinning disks and they cause the VMs to be very slow. I will amend these plans to have much less disk space, but run them on SSDs instead. This will increase the performance substantially. But that won't happen until the 2nd week of December at the earliest I think. So if I amend the plans and open up orders, they will just be 'pre-orders'.

Thanked by 2FAT32 nullnothere

FAT32 said: I edited my list to include "HK-KVM-NAT-256MB" as well. Well you can add another coupon code for that, if you wish

It was always my plan to bring back the NAT VPS. Again, biggest issue is the disk. Disks have died quickly and run super slow. Especially when everyone orders at the same time. Provisioning all those VMs generates a lot of I/O which excerbates the problem. Spread it out over many days and it's tolerable. So new VMs will run SSDs. Then we will see just how long an SSD will last before all those write cycles kill it :P

Thanked by 1FAT32