Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PHP-Friends have jacked up their prices, with 12 month contract period. - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

PHP-Friends have jacked up their prices, with 12 month contract period.

Comments

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@hyperblast said: here's an update that might interest some of you. specifications are almost the same as in november 2019 only the nvme memory has been expanded a little. hans is experimenting with pricing these days again... and nobody notices it? 22% to 33% increase!

A number of us have noticed it

Thanked by 1hyperblast
  • @hyperblast said:
    At least they kept their word.

sadly: nope!

• v3ngv3ng Member, Patron Provider

Their pricing isn’t competitive anymore imo

Thanked by 1chrisp
  • €11.90 a month for 10GB ram isn't "competitive anymore"???

• @WSCallum said:
    €11.90 a month for 10GB ram isn't "competitive anymore"???

Add 2 dedicated cores to that as well. It’s very good value...

I don’t really mind the whining either, this thread is almost 6 months old. Things have drastically changed since then. It’s just simply supply and demand economics. Nothing more, nothing less. But according to some members you’re just a scammer if you choose a sustainable pricing model for your business.

• "Things have drastically changed since then."

really? please give more details!

11.90€ a month for 10GB ram is the price for a 12 month contract.

• debaserdebaser Member
    edited April 2020

@hyperblast said:
    "Things have drastically changed since then."

really? please give more details!

You’ve probably heard about the deadly virus SARS-CoV-2.

11.90€ a month for 10GB ram is the price for a 12 month contract.

I don’t see the problem with a 12 month contract. You should realize that a provider like PHP-Friends focuses on business customers. They mostly don’t mind a longer contract.

• unfortunately your arguments don't convince me. php-friends has reintroduced the same prices they had "experimented" with before covid-19 and then, after it was noticed, rowed back. to explain any bullxxxx with covid-19 now is too easy for me.

• pbxpbx Member

Seems more likely that it was selling quite well so they had the choice to either buy more nodes and grow their customer base (and support ticket and stuff like that) or to have higher prices. More or similar profit, but less work. Makes sense!

Thanked by 1pike
  • pikepike Veteran
    edited April 2020

If they don't actively want new customers for a number of reason, aka. shortage on time (because of corona) or shortage on new hardware (because of corona lockdown), they simply raise their prices so it get's unattractive for most customers.
    Once they are ready to accept new clients their prices will be lower again, I bet!

That has been said in this thread already: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3046571/#Comment_3046571

• whatever. i just wanted to document the fact of the renewed price increase. with the information everybody can do what he wants. what remains clear, the vserver of php-friends are solid and good.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Well, this kind of treatment of a provider will surely bring the community more offers. @jbiloh

• dataforestdataforest Member, Patron Provider

Hi,

it's simple and it's also not kind of a secret or something we want to hide (I think I even explained it somewhere here on LET): We were unable for weeks to buy enough RAM and NVMe SSDs to handle the amount of orders. Also the prices for Samsung RAM increased drastically since March (see https://www.heise.de/preisvergleich/samsung-lrdimm-64gb-m386a8k40bm2-ctd-a1849067.html). So from time to time we might need a reduction of incoming orders, that's better to set the products to unavailable or lower our well-known quality.

Setting all products on "unavailable" is worse in our opinion as currently whenever someone needs a server from us we can deliver it right now. Of course we sell less servers with higher prices, but that's the plan. Being unable to sell any servers for weeks is not an option.

It's exactly like I pointed out before here - if we can buy

• enough hardware
    • for a good price
    • which can be delivered within 2-4 weeks and not within up to 8 weeks like we currently experience it with Supermicro,

than we can offer the low prices.

Best Regards,
    Tim

I want to add two things:

1) If someone thinks we lowered the prices before because someone "noticed" the higher prices, I don't know what to say. In my opinion it's just absurd to (truly) believe we raise prices and think no one will notice about that.

2) We have never increased VPS prices within existing contracts, no matter what pricing was advertised on the website. :)

• mca5701mca5701 Member

sorry a bit oot. @PHP_Friends website is in Germany. Do they provide support in english?

• cazrzcazrz Member

€ 13.90 / mo

• 10GB RAM
    • 2 dedi cores
    • 60GB NVMe
    • 1GBit/s
    • Unlimited bandwidth

I really don't see any wrong on this offer. Are people wanting free? Or they just want to buy gold for the price of silver?

I just want to say, don't kill the provider if you cant afford the price.

Thanked by 2dataforest coreflux
  • LeviLevi Member

Just forget it and move to Hetzner. /topic

• Don't forget hetzner dedicated pricing.

These are good with appropriate use cases

• @PHP_Friends

hi,

my remarks are only for documentation. the fact that php-friends "experimented" with the prizes at the end of last year and then announced that the prizes would be reduced to the level before the "experiment" is still very present to me.

everybody can get a picture and a thought about the price policy. therefore above the comparison from november 2019 to now. nobody is forced to order there and nobody wants good service for free. that's obvious anyway.

the argument that the prices for memory have increased may seem to be correct at first. but the prices for memory increased from november 2019 to now by about 14% and not by 33% like the prices for php-friends offers.

again, i'm not interested in making php-friends look stupid, not at all! i'm more interested in honest and transparent behaviour. that's exactly what i document here.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@mca5701 said:
    sorry a bit oot. @PHP_Friends website is in Germany. Do they provide support in english?

Yes they do.

Thanked by 2mca5701 dataforest
  • RhysRhys Member, Host Rep

@hyperblast said:
    @PHP_Friends

hi,

my remarks are only for documentation. the fact that php-friends "experimented" with the prizes at the end of last year and then announced that the prizes would be reduced to the level before the "experiment" is still very present to me.

everybody can get a picture and a thought about the price policy. therefore above the comparison from november 2019 to now. nobody is forced to order there and nobody wants good service for free. that's obvious anyway.

the argument that the prices for memory have increased may seem to be correct at first. but the prices for memory increased from november 2019 to now by about 14% and not by 33% like the prices for php-friends offers.

again, i'm not interested in making php-friends look stupid, not at all! i'm more interested in honest and transparent behaviour. that's exactly what i document here.

cry cry

• @Rhys: I hope you get well soon.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

The feeling of entitlement is high here.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

AKA PMSing.

• PHDanPHDan Member

Thanked by 1TimboJones

@hyperblast said:

Yes, the 14% might apply to the offers with the best pricing. It doesn't help at all when you then have to wait 1-2 months for only 1 TB of RAM, so we sometimes were "forced" to order from way too expensive distributors (it's the same with NVMe SSDs and they are, for us, the most expensive resource). I repeat myself: It's not only the price but also the amount of hardware and the delivery time. Due to Corona we had increasing orders and increasing delivery times for new hardware at the same time. We ordered enough new nodes (completed systems) more than a month ago, but it hasn't even been shipped. So again, we prefer to be able to deliver a few orders instead of being sold out within a single day (probably for weeks).

Best Regards,
    Tim

Thanked by 2hyperblast Wolf
  • PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

Here is the problem he is not even a customer. He is a dick and that can be documented too. If I wasn't eating pie right now. I would have my balls slap him in the chin.

• shmushmu Member

they are going to relocate their network from first-colo to the maincubes dc in frankfurt with their own asn

https://bgp.he.net/AS58212

upstream is "synlinq" https://bgp.he.net/AS44486 which is using datacamp as upstream

i think synlinq is also part of php-friends? and they colocate at datacamp, cause they are also at maincubes in frankfurt :P

i hope the ddos protection will stay on the same level

offical news:

https://php-friends.de/neuigkeiten/neuigkeiten-bei-php-friends-bezug-eines-neuen-rechenzentrums

• webcraftwebcraft Member
    edited June 2020

@shmu said:
    i hope the ddos protection will stay on the same level

@PHP_Friends may you comment?

• fendixfendix Member

Approximately php-friends will release a new server generation with epyc processors today.

Thanked by 1dataforest