Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PHP-Friends have jacked up their prices, with 12 month contract period. - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

PHP-Friends have jacked up their prices, with 12 month contract period.

Comments

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

@hyperblast the facts are you can't read! They provided updated hardware and nvme drives.

• A dedicated price rise for your "dedicated cores" :smiley:

• hyperblasthyperblast Member
    edited November 2019

@PieHasBeenEaten said:
    @hyperblast the facts are you can't read! They provided updated hardware and nvme drives.

hardware...maybe new. still xeon 6140 and new 6240. 20gb more nvme space is new, indeed.

8,99 € to 13,90 € is a plus of ~55%.

Thanked by 1tgl
  • PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

@hyperblast So what exactly are bitching about? They raised prices woohoo either buy it or move on. They didn't raise price on promotions did they? This is there regular priced line as been stated. So you are really making a big deal over nothing really. PMS

• @hyperblast said:
    I did not compare G2 with G3. I compared G3 before 17th of november (old) with G3 after 17th of november (new). G3 old and G3 new are the same just 20gb more space with G3 new and now by default yearly term. monthy term offers have a price increased of 50%. that are the facts and no comparison offered by various.

I think @PHP_Friends has made clear that the old prices weren't sustainable. Anyone who runs a business knows that a price hike is never pretty but sometimes it's just unavoidable.

It's the free market economy, so the seller can decide on what prices he sells his goods. You as a customer can decide to buy it or to go to another seller if you think it's too expensive.

It's obviously too expensive for you. Luckily there are literally hundreds of providers that are cheaper. So don't whine, vote with your wallet!

• dataforestdataforest Member, Patron Provider

Hello everyone,

again, we are just experimenting with different prices. We have changed them several times within the last few days. They will be on the former level tommorow.

Best Regards,
    Tim

• @PHP_Friends said:

again, we are just experimenting with different prices. We have changed them several times within the last few days. They will be on the former level tommorow.

I'm too dumb to read as well then. I thought the prices would rise anyway, but that the exact point was to be determined.

Thanked by 1dataforest
  • @debaser, let the man experiment man

Thanked by 2debaser pike
  • @tgl said:
    @debaser, let the man experiment man

I'm all for experimenting.

Thanked by 1tgl
  • @PHP_Friends said:
    Hello everyone,

Best Regards,
    Tim

Will the storage you mentioned in one of your previous comments be coming soon?

If not are there any providers in your datacentre or nearby that offer storage?

You mean our network storage? Will be coming within the next weeks :)

Thanked by 1k9banger
  • @PieHasBeenEaten said:
    @hyperblast So what exactly are bitching about? They raised prices woohoo either buy it or move on. They didn't raise price on promotions did they? This is there regular priced line as been stated. So you are really making a big deal over nothing really. PMS

PMS?
    i'm not bitching about anything. i'm just describing a process i've observed. also, i'm trying to make it clear that i didn't compare apples to pears but almost the same products and that i also feel the price increase is enormous. whether i buy the product or not is up to me.

• pikepike Veteran
    edited November 2019

I think they have an amount of customers in mind that they can handle well, and as long as demand is bigger than supply they can choose who they want to do business with (of course the more profitable clients) instead of growing faster than they can handle it. Can be wrong ofc. Generally I think shaming a host for their pricing (which is reasonable still) is against the dont-be-a-dick rule because the only motivation I could imagine is someone pissed off because he cant get a cheap VPS with them AT THE MOMENT, which is just childish.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@PHP_Friends Have you ever considered providing an English version of your website? :D

Yes, but I don't think that we can realize this in the next months.

• @PHP_Friends said:
    Yes, but I don't think that we can realize this in the next months.

It's not really necessary either. Google Translate works perfectly on your site.

Thanked by 1dataforest
  • @PHP_Friends said:

Before the New Year, or some undisclosed time in the first quarter next year?

• @pike said:
    I think they have an amount of customers in mind that they can handle well, and as long as demand is bigger than supply they can choose who they want to do business with (of course the more profitable clients) instead of growing faster than they can handle it. Can be wrong ofc. Generally I think shaming a host for their pricing (which is reasonable still) is against the dont-be-a-dick rule because the only motivation I could imagine is someone pissed off because he cant get a cheap VPS with them AT THE MOMENT, which is just childish.

why are you talking so blurry? your assessment is also completely wrong. i'm neither finished nor childish. i merely analyzed the pricing and admittedly also criticized it. in my opinion, that's not forbidden.

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • In my opinion it is. I see no reason to discuss this any further.

@k9banger said:

@PHP_Friends said:

Before the New Year, or some undisclosed time in the first quarter next year?

It could come in December. Mainly depends on the delivery time of the hardware.

Thanked by 2k9banger tgl
  • k9bangerk9banger Member
    edited November 2019

It looks like PHP Friends have been true to their word.

The prices in Euro are now

monthly/yearly

S - 8.99/7.99

M - 17.99/16.99

L - 26.99/25.99

XL - 42.99/39.99

So there is it guys, extra disk at the same price

I hope it is permanent.

Is there a separate Black Friday offering?

Thanked by 1dataforest
  • do they offer Directadmin?

• yes, i am very happy to see this, i think there will also be a black friday offer tomorrow

• @k9banger said:
    It looks like PHP Friends have been true to their word.

The prices in Euro are now

monthly/yearly

S - 8.99/7.99

M - 17.99/16.99

L - 26.99/25.99

XL - 42.99/39.99

So there is it guys, extra disk at the same price

I hope it is permanent.

This may disappoint you, but my interpretation is that these lower prices are a promotion. They won't remain this way. (But I may be mistaken.)

Is there a separate Black Friday offering?

Don't know, we'll see!

• At least they kept their word.

Thanked by 1dataforest

Currently there are no plans to change the prices, but of course this also depends on the price and the availability of our used hardware. Without the higher prices we would have been sold out within days after the G3 upgrade. Our latest hardware was bought (relatively) cheap, so we adjust our prices to this good purchasing price situation and forward the discount we got to our customers.

Black Friday special will be announced soon. :)

• @PHP_Friends said:
    Currently there are no plans to change the prices, but of course this also depends on the price and the availability of our used hardware. Without the higher prices we would have been sold out within days after the G3 upgrade. Our latest hardware was bought (relatively) cheap, so we adjust our prices to this good purchasing price situation and forward the discount we got to our customers.

Okay, so my interpretation above was mistaken; good to know :smile:

edited November 2019

PS: I'm happy to announce that our checkout is aware of "Non-VAT customers" since yesterday. So no need to wait for a new invoice anymore, now you get an invoice without VAT in realtime. Of course this only works if you select your correct country. =)

• @PHP_Friends is the best

Thanked by 1dataforest
  • hyperblasthyperblast Member
    edited April 2020

here's an update that might interest some of you. specifications are almost the same as in november 2019 only the nvme memory has been expanded a little. is php-friends experimenting with pricing these days again... and nobody notices it? 22% to 33% increase!

2019/11/xx:

monthly/yearly

S - 8.99/7.99
    M - 17.99/16.99
    L - 26.99/25.99
    XL - 42.99/39.99

(https://web.archive.org/web/20191029151619/https://php-friends.de/vserver-ssd)

2020/04/24:

monthly/yearly

S - 13.90/11.90
    M - 24.90/22.90
    L - 39.90/34.90
    XL - 54.90/49.90

(https://php-friends.de/vserver-ssd/vserver-s-ssd-g3-1y)