Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Spry Servers] BoGo | 100% Cashback on All New Orders! | Pre-Black Friday - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[Spry Servers] BoGo | 100% Cashback on All New Orders! | Pre-Black Friday

13»

Comments

• @crack said:
    Deceive the child's tricks, first increase the price, and then reduce the price!

It's not a trick if the regular price is $6 a month.

Let standard if $7, so Technically he is below the standard.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • @TimboJones said:

@dahartigan said:
    Far out, this has blown out of proportion IMO. The title also says BoGo which implies a credit to me. The first paragraph of the offer explains the cash back deal too.

What? The title explicitly says cashback and then the first paragraph never says cashback and goes on to explain credit.

For sure this blew out of proportion. This whole fucking thing would have been avoided with one word change, or a response like, "oh, they're not the same? I didn't know that. Will specify credit next time".

Look at my first post, I politely explained what it meant why it should be changed.

The problem is when people intentionally misuse terms after being explained the difference and intentionally keep doing it.

Someone forgot the hormone replacement pills this morning

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • @dahartigan said:

@TimboJones said:

@SpryServers_Tab said:

@TimboJones said:

@dahartigan said:
    Far out, this has blown out of proportion IMO. The title also says BoGo which implies a credit to me. The first paragraph of the offer explains the cash back deal too.

What? The title explicitly says cashback and then the first paragraph never says cashback and goes on to explain credit.

For sure this blew out of proportion. This whole fucking thing would have been avoided with one word change, or a response like, "oh, they're not the same? I didn't know that. Will specify credit next time".

Look at my first post, I politely explained what it meant why it should be changed.

The problem is when people intentionally misuse terms after being explained the difference and intentionally keep doing it.

100% crackback * offer! Would you like to take advantage of this amazing offer? ORDER NOW!

*Crackback paid in account credit

No thanks, you have a reputation for false advertising. You'd probably give ass crack instead.

I get what you're saying, just try to accept that you're a bit anal and take things super literally. My mind works that way too, so I'm not attacking :-)

An example is you state he has a reputation for false advertising. That's not entirely accurate if you are the only person who believes it's false advertising, therefore we go down the pedantic route of defining what a reputation is.

Do you get my point?

I don't think you got mine. That was a joke, in response to his joke. C'mon now, the clues are there. Tomorrow, go see what kind of serious conversation you can have that includes "crackback" and "asscrack". Hilarity will ensue if you do it right. sigh

P.s. I wasn't the only one. And again, my first post was just polite informing, it didn't need to be argued. Quote the first post if that was pedantic.
    Don't look at me for this going on and on, he's trying to justify it, and I'm explaining it doesn't work that way.

I'd agree I can be pedantic, this isn't one of those times. I was sincerely asking who advertises cashback that way because I've been on a Canadian deal site for over a decade, and they'd throw a Stanley Cup grade riot if someone posted a deal like that. Cashback and credit just aren't interchangeable terms to us thrifty deal seekers.

I've learned from 9gag that Europeans can call dogs, "doggos", so I was genuinely curious if Europeans were using them interchangeably. Possibly like the word "losing" is spelled as "loosing" 50 times a day on LET, though, so far, I can only deduce it's unintentional typo, not common usage in other parts of the world.

My point was made in my first post in this thread. OP is free to do this again in the future, or he might not.

• @poisson said:

@TimboJones said:

@dahartigan said:

Someone forgot the hormone replacement pills this morning

Your insults are terrible. You go for mental illness and chemical imbalances, things often not caused by the person and not prevented by making better decisions or taking responsibility for ones actions.

So you make a lose-lose insult. Either I have a mental disability, in which case you just made fun of a mentally disabled person, good for you, go pat yourself on the head for being an epic tool. Or I don't, and I can maintain my social superiority over you because you're a Neanderthal who has more development to do to be a human being. This is 2019, up your game from the 20th century.

On a tech site, you go for things a person is personally responsible that is entirely within their capabilities to do better (but aren't) if you want a chance to leave a mark. Such subjects are, but not limited to:

• being poor
    • too nerdy
    • weight (over or under)
    • hair (hard making fun of someone for too much hair, but doable)
    • last time getting laid, or just straight up virgin calling
    • lack of intelligence
    • still in school
    • incest with your mother or father
    • living in mother's basement

So feel free to get creative with insulting me, I pity your insult game and you can use some help in many ways.

• @TimboJones said:
    Your insults are terrible. You go for mental illness and chemical imbalances, things often not caused by the person and not prevented by making better decisions or taking responsibility for ones actions.

So you make a lose-lose insult. Either I have a mental disability, in which case you just made fun of a mentally disabled person, good for you, go pat yourself on the head for being an epic tool. Or I don't, and I can maintain my social superiority over you because you're a Neanderthal who has more development to do to be a human being. This is 2019, up your game from the 20th century.

On a tech site, you go for things a person is personally responsible that is entirely within their capabilities to do better (but aren't) if you want a chance to leave a mark. Such subjects are, but not limited to:

• being poor
    • too nerdy
    • weight (over or under)
    • lack of intelligence
    • still in school

So feel free to get creative with insulting me, I pity your insult game and you can use some help in many ways.

In terms of ROI, that a single sentence can elicit so many more in return, I am pretty satisfied.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • @poisson said:

@TimboJones said:

• being poor
    • too nerdy
    • weight (over or under)
    • lack of intelligence
    • still in school

In terms of ROI, that a single sentence can elicit so many more in return, I am pretty satisfied.

That just explained your love for jsg perfectly. Got it.

Thanked by 2dahartigan poisson
  • @TimboJones said:
    That just explained your love for jsg perfectly. Got it.

I like @jsg for his evidence-based, clearly thought and well-explained posts. Sorry that you seem upset that you are not getting love.

Thanked by 2dahartigan jsg
  • SpryServers_TabSpryServers_Tab Member, Host Rep

/end troll

• AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited November 2019

Throwaway: there's some awful 'English' in many forums.
    Then/than/loose/losing/bought/brought/payed
    Need to give leeway for English as a 2nd/3rd/4th language but not for the muppets (1st language English) who can't be assed/arsed to get it right. It's not fair on those who seek to learn the language (better).
    Yes, we know @cociu comes from a different planet. ;)
    /rant

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • AlwaysSkint said: Yes, we know @cociu comes from a different planet. ;)

cociu's english is orders of magnitude better than my romanian..