Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Spry Servers] BoGo | 100% Cashback on All New Orders! | Pre-Black Friday - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[Spry Servers] BoGo | 100% Cashback on All New Orders! | Pre-Black Friday

Comments

• crackcrack Member
    edited November 2019

@Kiwi83 said:

@crack said:
    Deceive the child's tricks, first increase the price, and then reduce the price!

@crack said:
    512M RAM, $6.
    ridiculous.

I felt the same way when I saw this thread a few days earlier but I refrained from saying it. That was probably a good choice. Now it's you, not me, getting attacked by that poison guy.

i said bravely.

i am not afraid of others attacking me.

this world is full of routines!!!!!

:)

• I don't even know why would someone expect that provider will return 100% of the money. This doesn't even make sense as this means the VPS is free. I believe cashback is the correct term here but some might think otherwise so it's ok.

Thanked by 1SpryServers_Tab
  • @crack said:

@Kiwi83 said:

@crack said:
    Deceive the child's tricks, first increase the price, and then reduce the price!

@crack said:
    512M RAM, $6.
    ridiculous.

I felt the same way when I saw this thread a few days earlier but I refrained from saying it. That was probably a good choice. Now it's you, not me, getting attacked by that poison guy.

i said bravely.

i am not afraid of others attacking me.

this world is full of routines!!!!!

the standalone server is 100% returned, but there is no annual payment option. Isn't this a deceived customer?
    :)

I wasn't trying to say it's a scam or something. I just couldn't figure out why would someone buy a 512 RAM VPS for $6/m from them rather than get a 1GB RAM VPS for the same price from providers like Vultr.

After I read some comments, I know they are expensive for some reasons. I might not be their customer but it seems they are quite good at their jobs and earned a good reputation here.

• Seeing as so many reckon/infer I talk outta my backside:

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/cashback-websites/#work
    https://www.samsung.com/uk/eco-cashback/

Step 5: Receive your CASHBACK within 30 days of validation via bank transfer.

Just a couple of examples.

• TimboJonesTimboJones Member
    edited November 2019

@SpryServers_Tab said:

@TimboJones said:

@poisson said:

@crack said:
    512M RAM, $6.
    ridiculous.

It's a free world. He can price as he pleases just like how you fart out of your mouth as you please.

The first time I read this thread, I thought it was $6/year and he was saying it was ridiculous good. Now seeing monthly, I'm actually surprised it's not getting more heckling. This is LET, where $5/month for 1GB is still high.

Next time, don't attack the person, try and make a case for why that price is justified (double PSU's, more bandwidth, support, datacenter, free bonuses etc). But clearly, this is well below LET standards.

Of course we use dual PSUs. Our network is multi-homed. We go out of our way for our clients. We don't advertise our services as having any type of "fully managed" by default, but we'll do everything in our power to help out our clients for no additional charge. (within reason) This means, helping with software installs, helping fix bad configurations, and much more.

Additionally, we don't overcrowd our servers. By using less dense configurations, our operating costs are a bit higher, but we'd rather provide a great service for a few more dollars, than a shit service for extra low prices. We aren't a typical "low-end" provider. We have a couple plans that fit within the LET threshold, and we share them here. Our focus is on providing quality service, not cheap service.

This just looks like a bad marketing trick to inflate price and then discount it. It's good people are vouching for this provider, because I count two slimy things in this promo that I'd take as red flags.

As others have already said, our prices haven't been inflated prior to this deal. These are our regular prices, that most people pay.

I'm not going to lie, yes of course the word cashback is there to get you to click it! I know I have many accounts with different online merchants, that constantly send me cashback offers, that are not "cash" but store "cash". It states clearly what you get in the terms in the thread.

Can you name a few? I don't mind contacting them to sort them out as well to know to avoid them. I went through all my services (credit cards and referral commission sites like ebates) with cashback and all of them had the option to get money back in hand.

But you knew you were clickbaiting but did it anyway. Not cool.

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint
  • @SpryServers_Tab said: SSD KVM Nano

It would be good to give the size of the SSD

edited November 2019

@hzr said:
    I'm going to point out that I currently pay multiple providers more than $5-10/m each for 256MB RAM. This isn't a bad deal, especially considering the person running it.

I know that the cashback wording might be a bit weird, but honestly this is exactly what I expect: you add funds and get some more, like cociu loves doing. I've never once seen a hosting provider where I paypal them $5 and they send me $5 back in my life

Jesus Christ, do you know what site you're on? That's like going on a Metallica fan website and saying you like Limp Bizkit more.

The last time I bought a 512MB server was $6/year. No, that's not true. It was 512MB KVM with 150GB for $24/year. I buy 1GB VPS for $12-20 year. Yes, this is promo pricing.

The big boys are standard at $5/month for 1GB. I thought that's the minimum standard to beat to be on LET, that's why a few of us have a hard time with the price. The only advice for that would be more marketing features in the OP that sets it above and beyond anyone else.

• SpryServers_TabSpryServers_Tab Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2019

@TimboJones said:
    Can you name a few? I don't mind contacting them to sort them out as well to know to avoid them. I went through all my services (credit cards and referral commission sites like ebates) with cashback and all of them had the option to get money back in hand.

No, I'm not going to take time out of my day to go through my spam e-mails just for you. You aren't worth it.

It's called marketing. It wasn't even deceptive. You obviously have no idea how a business operates. Marketing is what us "Big Boys" do. I'm not asking you for your marketing "advice".

If you don't like our prices, then please, don't ever buy a server from us.

@angstrom said:

@SpryServers_Tab said: SSD KVM Nano

Oops, totally missed that. I had intended to put that. 10 GB.

• @TimboJones said: The big boys are standard at $5/month for 1GB. I thought that's the minimum standard to beat to be on LET, that's why a few of us have a hard time with the price.

Well, if one pays yearly, the price would be $5/m.

Yes, their regular prices aren't aimed at the low-end market segment, but this is okay, and they don't claim/imagine otherwise.

They sometimes have recurring discounts, most recently, during their Halloween promotion:

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/160673/spry-servers-fall-halloween-spooktacular-sale-up-to-40-off-dedicated-vps

Which brought SSD KVM Nano down to $3.90/m.

• @TimboJones said: The only advice for that would be more marketing features in the OP that sets it above and beyond anyone else.

It looks like they have proper IPv6 support with the ability for the client to set rDNS, which in my experience isn't something that one can take for granted

@angstrom said:

@TimboJones said: The only advice for that would be more marketing features in the OP that sets it above and beyond anyone else.

It looks like they have proper IPv6 support with the ability for the client to set rDNS, which in my experience isn't something that one can take for granted

Yes we do :)

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • @SpryServers_Tab said:

@TimboJones said:

No, I'm not going to take time out of my day to go through my spam e-mails just for you. You aren't worth it.

It's called marketing. It wasn't even deceptive. You obviously have no idea how a business operates. Marketing is what us "Big Boys" do. I'm not asking you for your marketing "advice".

@angstrom said:

1. So the behavior you find acceptable and mimicked was in your spam box? And there was a few, but can't remember without having to search a spambox. Mmm, ok.

2. NO! Clickbait is not a legitimate marketing trick and IS deceptive. Big companies do NOT have to play that trick. Marketing does not include treating well established word "credit" as "cashback". You know the right term is credit, but intentionally did so.

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint

@TimboJones said:

@SpryServers_Tab said:

@TimboJones said:

@angstrom said:

1. So the behavior you find acceptable and mimicked was in your spam box? And there was a few, but can't remember without having to search a spambox. Mmm, ok.

2. NO! Clickbait is not a legitimate marketing trick and IS deceptive. Big companies do NOT have to play that trick. Marketing does not include treating well established word "credit" as "cashback". You know the right term is credit, but intentionally did so.

LMAO. At this point you're just cracking me up.

• @Timbojones As I kind of mentioned before advertising standards and consumer protection can vary around the world. Paraphrasing: There ain't half been some clever shady b'stards.

• poissonpoisson Member
    edited November 2019

Not sure why that price is ridiculous but hey one kind of "attack" is legitimate but an equally strong response is not a legitimate attack. If not for double standards, I guess kiwis would have none.

• Far out, this has blown out of proportion IMO. The title also says BoGo which implies a credit to me. The first paragraph of the offer explains the cash back deal too.

• @dahartigan said:
    Far out, this has blown out of proportion IMO. The title also says BoGo which implies a credit to me. The first paragraph of the offer explains the cash back deal too.

I see absolutely no intention to deceive but some people are intent on blowing things out of proportion and then getting butthurt when they get the same treatment. You know, you really shouldn't throw stones when you live in glass houses.

• @poisson said:

@dahartigan said:
    Far out, this has blown out of proportion IMO. The title also says BoGo which implies a credit to me. The first paragraph of the offer explains the cash back deal too.

I see absolutely no intention to deceive but some people are intent on blowing things out of proportion and then getting butthurt when they get the same treatment. You know, you really shouldn't throw stones when you live in glass houses.

Yeah true that. I have to admit, @TimboJones used to annoy me but I have since come to appreciate his crazy replies. This happened around the same time manish exploded on the scene.

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

@manish You man enough to flag this post? Sorry had to do it.

• i laughed again.. shit

• @poisson said:
    i laughed again.. shit

Aren't we all here to laugh?

Thanked by 1uptime
  • @ITLabs said:

@poisson said:
    i laughed again.. shit

Laughing is racissssss

• ITLabsITLabs Member
    edited November 2019

@poisson said:

@ITLabs said:

@poisson said:
    i laughed again.. shit

Laughing is racissssss

edited November 2019

@dahartigan said:

What? The title explicitly says cashback and then the first paragraph never says cashback and goes on to explain credit.

For sure this blew out of proportion. This whole fucking thing would have been avoided with one word change, or a response like, "oh, they're not the same? I didn't know that. Will specify credit next time".

Look at my first post, I politely explained what it meant why it should be changed.

The problem is when people intentionally misuse terms after being explained the difference and intentionally keep doing it.

edited November 2019

@TimboJones said:

@dahartigan said:

What? The title explicitly says cashback and then the first paragraph never says cashback and goes on to explain credit.

For sure this blew out of proportion. This whole fucking thing would have been avoided with one word change, or a response like, "oh, they're not the same? I didn't know that. Will specify credit next time".

Look at my first post, I politely explained what it meant why it should be changed.

The problem is when people intentionally misuse terms after being explained the difference and intentionally keep doing it.

100% crackback * offer! Would you like to take advantage of this amazing offer? ORDER NOW!

*Crackback paid in account credit

• @SpryServers_Tab said:

@TimboJones said:

@dahartigan said:

100% crackback * offer! Would you like to take advantage of this amazing offer? ORDER NOW!

No thanks, you have a reputation for false advertising. You'd probably give ass crack instead.

Thanked by 1shillshocked
  • @manish are you manish enough?

• @TimboJones said:

@SpryServers_Tab said:

@TimboJones said:

@dahartigan said:

No thanks, you have a reputation for false advertising. You'd probably give ass crack instead.

I get what you're saying, just try to accept that you're a bit anal and take things super literally. My mind works that way too, so I'm not attacking :-)

An example is you state he has a reputation for false advertising. That's not entirely accurate if you are the only person who believes it's false advertising, therefore we go down the pedantic route of defining what a reputation is.

Do you get my point?

• I reckon it's false advertising. Just saying.
    (Refer to previous examples)

• @AlwaysSkint said:
    I reckon it's false advertising. Just saying.
    (Refer to previous examples)

At least with you we can shake hands and agree to disagree :-)