Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Friday Warm Up - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Black Friday Warm Up

124»

Comments

• @patchouli said:
    I have got the email and find there are only three choises in EU at https://kvm.doctor/, l'd like to know whether other vps in SG or LA will be included, thanks.

We have 4 EU locations.
    All of our locations will be included so long as adequate resources are available.

@thedp said:

@HostDoc said:

@muffin said:

@HostDoc said:

@gks said:
    I have been using HostDoc KVM VPS and also their Web Hosting (wordpress), the speed, performance, consistency and support are excellent and top notch. Looking to grab one more VPS this year.

Thanks.
    I am pleased you are satisfied with the service.
    Black Friday would be an ideal time to grab one, you could potentially make it 2 for the price of 1 with our BOGOF BF promo.
    Details of the event will be available in our latest newsletter sent a few weeks ago.

That’s weird, I did not get any news letter in the past weeks despite signing up for the mailing list :0

WOW!

You are right.
    Have just checked and the newsletter is ready but has not been sent.

That was basically the email. Apologies for the wrong information provided.
    A new one will be drafted and sent today.

I forgot to 'enable' the newsletter box :D

Has the mail gone out?

Yes, it has. And there is a spelling error in it :disappointed:
    https://mailchi.mp/c7ee20af7427/are-you-ready-for-black-friday

• @HostDoc said:
    Yes, it has. And there is a spelling error in it :disappointed:
    https://mailchi.mp/c7ee20af7427/are-you-ready-for-black-friday

The best spell-checker is the send button. I have experienced it so many times.

Thanked by 2HostDoc uptime
  • 'Purchases only from kvm.doctor and hostdoc.co.uk will qualify for our BOGOF event.'
    It means no BOGOF event when odering though flash sales page (https://hostdochost.i.ng),right?

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@Ashin said:
    'Purchases only from kvm.doctor and hostdoc.co.uk will qualify for our BOGOF event.'
    It means no BOGOF event when odering though flash sales page (https://hostdochost.i.ng),right?

You're only eligible to participate in the BOGOF event if you purchase something from either of those two sites on the 29th.

Promotional offers and existing subscriptions/plans are not eligible.

• lol @ raspberry pi co-lo

(Kansas) We are currently out of stock on this item so orders for it have been suspended until more stock is available.

Damn. That 4core/8gb looked very good. Guess I'll wait for BF proper

Thanked by 1HostDoc
  • I am bumping this because the HostDoc Black Friday party seems to have started with some pretty tasty appetizers!

The Dallas Dual Compute offer improved upon the earlier Dallas warm-up offer and it's really value for money. See the LEBRE value score here: https://lowendboxes.review/hostdoc-black-friday-2019-dallas-dual-compute/

And if you are willing to pay more than $7, there's the Kansas monster VPS (8 vCPU, 12GB RAM and 10TB transfer) @ £8.33 per month (annual payment).

• @poisson said:
    I am bumping this because the HostDoc Black Friday party seems to have started with some pretty tasty appetizers!

The Dallas Dual Compute offer improved upon the earlier Dallas warm-up offer and it's really value for money. See the LEBRE value score here: https://lowendboxes.review/hostdoc-black-friday-2019-dallas-dual-compute/

And if you are willing to pay more than $7, there's the Kansas monster VPS (8 vCPU, 12GB RAM and 10TB transfer) @ £8.33 per month (annual payment).

"Kansas Gobbler?" I thought Amber finally put that behind her. Guess not.

Thanked by 2poisson TimboJones
  • Interested. Any looking glasses?

• @poisson said:
    I am bumping this because the HostDoc Black Friday party seems to have started with some pretty tasty appetizers!

Any geekbench for this Dallas Dual Compute offer?

• @Greyhound said:
    Interested. Any looking glasses?

Yes, we have LG in all locations except SG currently.
    Where do you need an LG for?

• I have ordered one hour ago or so, they said my order was fraud. So I opened a ticket. The ticket system said: you will get an email message. Since now, nothing happened. No email. :-(

Has somebody ordered successfully?

• oz42oz42 Member
    edited November 2019

I just have chatted with a nice sales guy or lady. The reason for fraud order detection is when you are using a VPN or a proxy server.

• @oz42 said:
    I just have chatted with a nice sales guy or lady. The reason for fraud order detection is when you are using a VPN or a proxy server.

Who would have guessed this?!

Thanked by 3vyas11 Ouji HuntersPad
  • @HostDoc said:

@Greyhound said:

Can you provide LG for LA? Thanks.

• @Greyhound said:

@HostDoc said:

@Greyhound said:

Can you provide LG for LA? Thanks.

http://latip.hostdoc.co.uk

• kennsannkennsann Member
    edited November 2019

Just want to say that doc has been the best representative I've talked to ever! They were very accomodating and would say this is one of their strong points. Their vps are all top notch best bang for your buck on great networks! Ill post my vps bench when i get home.

Thanks doc for the medicine! Solved my sickness. Youre a life saver!

Thanked by 1HostDoc
  • It says promotional offers cannot be altered, but it also says promotional offers have On Demand Scaling. How does that work?

• @borgqueenx said:
    It says promotional offers cannot be altered, but it also says promotional offers have On Demand Scaling. How does that work?

You cannot alter the base configuration of a plan e.g change hdd to ssd or less ram for more cores etc.
    You can however scale the plan.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@HostDoc Drop some 500GB cheap storage. DROP DROP DROP!

• user123user123 Member
    edited November 2019

@Neoon said:

Drop it like it's @Neoon's pants after he gets home from Taco Bell!

Edit: apostrophe

Thanked by 1Shot2
  • @dahartigan @HostDoc Do you still run Buy One and Get One Free offer?

I own a free giveaway you gave me last year 2018. Can I continue using them free this year too? Hope you are generous.. Thanks a lot for web hosting offer too. Our company website is hosted with you,

• @Neoon said:

On CyberMonday a few may be available :wink:

@gks said:
    @dahartigan @HostDoc Do you still run Buy One and Get One Free offer?

I own a free giveaway you gave me last year 2018. Can I continue using them free this year too? Hope you are generous.. Thanks a lot for web hosting offer too. Our company website is hosted with you,

BOGOF has now finished.
    What giveaway would that be? I doubt it would be free for a second year but if you have liked the free year, you could opt to pay going forward.
    I vaguely remember your web hosting with us, we migrated your wordpress sites?
    Thanks for trusting our platform enough to host your company site. It gives me a warm fuzzy feeling inside :blush:

Thanked by 1Ouji
  • I forgot promo BOGOF mail, so sad. U will run BOGOF again of cybermonday?

• SavaSava Member
    edited December 2019

Here, does anyone have any documents on installing windows server 2012 r2 onto an unmanaged server
    I ordered one during this BF session and now I regret not finding any way to install on them

• @HostDoc What are the odds of NVMe based i7-7700k offerings at SGP coming back in stock? Obviously not looking for the BF/CM deal mentioned above.

Thanked by 1pullangcubo
  • @K4Y5 said:
    @HostDoc What are the odds of NVMe based i7-7700k offerings at SGP coming back in stock? Obviously not looking for the BF/CM deal mentioned above.

Unfortunately, there is no ETA.

• @HostDoc said:

@K4Y5 said:
    @HostDoc What are the odds of NVMe based i7-7700k offerings at SGP coming back in stock? Obviously not looking for the BF/CM deal mentioned above.

Btw, is this i7-7700k node in SGP a new one, or has it been around for quite a while already?

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@pullangcubo said:
    Btw, is this i7-7700k node in SGP a new one, or has it been around for quite a while already?

It is the old one, which is already here since early this year.

Thanked by 1pullangcubo
  • @HostDoc Didn't get CM SG offer 2.You run out of nvme.

• @HostDoc said:

@K4Y5 said:

That's a bummer. Those were some excellent specs at a rather reasonable price.