Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Friday Warm Up - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Black Friday Warm Up

Comments

• No eastcoast datacenters?
    what a pity...

• Are these recurring or one off?

• @DarkWorld said:
    Are these recurring or one off?

These are recurring :-)

Thanked by 1HostDoc
  • @FrozenAngels said:
    No eastcoast datacenters?
    what a pity...

Sydney is on the East coast of Australia if that makes any difference. (Westside is better, nah eastside is better)

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint
  • @MeMyselfandLinux said:
    no SSD in SG ?

@thedp said:
    @HostDoc Which DC in SG?

SG NVMe has now been restocked.

• @HostDoc said:

@MeMyselfandLinux said:
    no SSD in SG ?

@thedp said:
    @HostDoc Which DC in SG?

SG NVMe has now been restocked.

Thats it i am sold,will do test for a while

• Anyone in the SG location can post results of connection speeds to China? I'm curious.

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/oooldking/script/master/superbench_git.sh

• Just did a LEBRE analysis for the SG4 plan, which is perfect for Asian storage OCD people: https://lowendboxes.review/hostdoc-sg4-singapore-flash-sale-nov-2019/

If one is not a storage hog, the SG3 Nvme plan is an excellent alternative.

• THX @poisson , that's very helpful!!

• @eijil said:
    THX @poisson , that's very helpful!!

HostDoc is a platinum grade hosting provider. If you are in Asia, you can most certainly consider him.

• @poisson said:

@eijil said:

HostDoc is a platinum grade hosting provider. If you are in Asia, you can most certainly consider him.

I'll centainly consider about him, just waiting BF for suprises

• @eijil said:

@poisson said:

@eijil said:

I'll centainly consider about him, just waiting BF for suprises

I would say that his plans are popular and may be gone by BF. You have to decide if you want to risk it. :)

• I have been using HostDoc KVM VPS and also their Web Hosting (wordpress), the speed, performance, consistency and support are excellent and top notch. Looking to grab one more VPS this year.

• HostDocHostDoc Member
    edited November 2019

@gks said:
    I have been using HostDoc KVM VPS and also their Web Hosting (wordpress), the speed, performance, consistency and support are excellent and top notch. Looking to grab one more VPS this year.

Thanks.
    I am pleased you are satisfied with the service.
    Black Friday would be an ideal time to grab one, you could potentially make it 2 for the price of 1 with our BOGOF BF promo.
    Details of the event will be available in our latest newsletter sent a few weeks ago.

Thanked by 1poisson
  • @HostDoc said:

@gks said:
    I have been using HostDoc KVM VPS and also their Web Hosting (wordpress), the speed, performance, consistency and support are excellent and top notch. Looking to grab one more VPS this year.

Thanks.
    Black Friday would be an ideal time to grab one, you could potentially make it 2 for the price of 1 with our BOGOF BF promo.
    Details of the event will be available in our latest newsletter sent a few weeks ago.

That’s weird, I did not get any news letter in the past weeks despite signing up for the mailing list :0

• @muffin said:

@HostDoc said:

@gks said:

Thanks.

That’s weird, I did not get any news letter in the past weeks despite signing up for the mailing list :0

WOW!

You are right.
    Have just checked and the newsletter is ready but has not been sent.

That was basically the email. Apologies for the wrong information provided.
    A new one will be drafted and sent today.

Thanked by 1muffin
  • Looking for good hosting offer this BF
    last time got 3 year from asmall orange at 25$

• @DeepBoom007 said:
    Looking for good hosting offer this BF
    last time got 3 year from asmall orange at 25$

Good luck with those prices. That is something we can never match.

• poissonpoisson Member
    edited November 2019

I personally think that a sustainable host is a good host. Any expectation of a good deal from a consumer perspective must be tempered consideration of the provider's sustainability.

I know some people will disagree and say that why should customers care about whether the provider is sustainable or not. And that is precisely how LEB can continue getting away with what they have been doing. So @HostDoc is doing the right thing by keeping sustainability as priority so that his customers can sleep well knowing that it is very unlikely their services will suffer unnecessarily.

Thanked by 2HostDoc Ouji
  • @HostDoc I got the email just now too :-)

Looking forward to seeing what crazy offers come out, just remember to wear protective clothing when experimenting with potassium!

Thanked by 1HostDoc
  • Kansas City gone already? :(

• @dahartigan said:
    @HostDoc I got the email just now too :-)

Looking forward to seeing what crazy offers come out, just remember to wear protective clothing when experimenting with potassium!

Haha.
    currently taking some city of angels medication to cure the recent potassium burn I suffered while on holiday in Kazakhstan.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • @RampSlash said:
    Kansas City gone already? :(

It will depend on which one. I know some KC plans are oos but not all of them.

• dahartigandahartigan Member
    edited November 2019

Patience is a virtue - wait until BF, we know there's a BOGO offer.. not to discourage you from spending money now, by all means, if that's what works for you :-)

Edit: General advice only, please see the Doctor if pain persists.

Thanked by 1HostDoc
  • poissonpoisson Member
    edited November 2019

I think a number of providers offer really good deals throughout the year. I don't know what is the fascination with pay the absolute lowest dollar during BF. As long as it is a great deal that exceeds the requirements of my use cases, why should I be upset that I could have potentially saved a few bucks. The best value plans on BF are going to be snapped up like hot cakes and there is a very good chance I end up with nothing of very good value.

As long as the product falls into what I consider to be the region of the top 10 percent in terms of value, I will spend the time trying to save another dollar or two on better things. Time is also money.

• @poisson said:
    I think a number of providers offer really good deals throughout the year. I don't know what is the fascination with pay the absolute lowest dollar during BF. As long as it is a great deal that exceeds the requirements of my use cases, why should I be upset that I could have potentially saved a few bucks. The best value plans on BF are going to be snapped up like hot cakes and there is a very good chance I end up with nothing of very good value.

As long as the product falls into what I consider to be the region of the top 10 percent in terms of value, I will spend the time trying to save another dollar or two on better things. Time is also money.

You're absolutely right about that. All year HostDoc has had the flash sale page running, and Doc carefully crafts those plans with the right blend of tempting price and excellent offers that are hard to refuse.

Other providers of course do similar and have some fantastic offers also, which is awesome and I've snapped up some non-HostDoc potassium which is a great way for me to avoid violations of the crack commandments.

Black Friday tends to have some of the most revered offers known to LET, so there's a healthy dose of hype for the event. I'm going to personally try to resist the day, but I know what I'm like lol

Thanked by 1poisson
  • @dahartigan said:

@poisson said:

You're absolutely right about that. All year HostDoc has had the flash sale page running, and Doc carefully crafts those plans with the right blend of tempting price and excellent offers that are hard to refuse.

Other providers of course do similar and have some fantastic offers also, which is awesome and I've snapped up some non-HostDoc potassium which is a great way for me to avoid violations of the crack commandments.

Black Friday tends to have some of the most revered offers known to LET, so there's a healthy dose of hype for the event. I'm going to personally try to resist the day, but I know what I'm like lol

You know, I get it that it is really fun hunting for BF deals but people are repeatedly doing that donkey in Shrek's cart thing: "Are we there yet?" It gets really tiresome.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • patchoulipatchouli Member
    edited November 2019

I have got the email and find there are only three choises in EU at https://kvm.doctor/, l'd like to know whether other vps in SG or LA will be included, thanks.

• @patchouli said:
    I have got the email and find there are only three choises in EU at https://kvm.doctor/, l'd like to know whether other vps in SG or LA will be included, thanks.

Congrats on your first post

Thanked by 1poisson
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@HostDoc said:

@muffin said:

@HostDoc said:

@gks said:

Thanks.

WOW!

You are right.
    Have just checked and the newsletter is ready but has not been sent.

That was basically the email. Apologies for the wrong information provided.
    A new one will be drafted and sent today.

I forgot to 'enable' the newsletter box :D

Has the mail gone out?