Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

email hosting needed, 20 USD for 2GB mailbox per year - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

email hosting needed, 20 USD for 2GB mailbox per year

2»

Comments

• but first we'll need to have a decent email client ...

Thanked by 2sanvit raindog308
  • go with mxroute or if u want to host website also check buyshared @Francisco he is also offering mailchannel enabled hosting 200/day outbound limit

• M66BM66B Veteran

@jpeng said:
    What I really want is the Email Conversation like what Gmail or Fastmail does.

FairEmail has full support for conversations because it was modeled around conversations.

• @M66B said:

@jpeng said:

FairEmail has full support for conversations because it was modeled around conversations.

does it have an iOS version? I have no Android mobile. thanks.

• M66BM66B Veteran

@jpeng said:

@M66B said:

@jpeng said:

No, sorry.

• Check mailcheap.co

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

jpeng said: I have subscribed to some mailing lists, every day get a lot of emails, if there is no Conversation, I was in trouble to follow the discussion thread.

Does the iOS mail app do this?

• alentoalento Member, Host Rep

@raindog308 said:

jpeng said: I have subscribed to some mailing lists, every day get a lot of emails, if there is no Conversation, I was in trouble to follow the discussion thread.

Does the iOS mail app do this?

Hell, even the crappy native Samsung app on my phone offers that...

• am i the only one using mxroute email/servers with gmail AND gsuite?

takes maybe 10 minutes to setup... and a day for everything to propagate ww.

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • @seizure said:
    am i the only one using mxroute email/servers with gmail AND gsuite?

takes maybe 10 minutes to setup... and a day for everything to propagate ww.

What do you mean by using both GSuite and MXroute? Please don't tell me you have added both provider's servers on your MX record

• @sanvit said:

What do you mean by using both GSuite and MXroute? Please don't tell me you have added both provider's servers on your MX record

ah. no. i use different domains with mxroute. i have some working (only) on gmail, and some only on gsuite. sorry about the confusion!

Thanked by 1sanvit
  • seizureseizure Member
    edited October 2019

set up DKIM and other needed entries (messing about in the DNS) for your domain. less work with gmail, more work with gsuite.

create an email account (pop) at MXroute, and also setup a forwarder at MXroute for the same email address (to your gmail/gsuite account) if you need instantaneous notifications at gmail/gsuite (google will handle the duplicate and you won't see it).

setup your MXroute email account inside gmail/gsuite. incoming mail via *.mxroute.com and outgoing mail at mail.yourdomain.com - also enable "send mail as" (not an alias) within google, and check "reply from same address as the message was sent to"...

then use whatever imap client to get email from google (or use the gmail app).

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@jpeng said:

Ask Apple. They built the cage you chose to be in and they should solve your problems.

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • @jpeng said:

@M66B said:

@jpeng said:

Yes, apple supports conversation view in their default mail app. https://addictivetips.com/ios/how-to-enable-and-disable-threaded-view-in-the-mail-app-in-ios-10/

@jsg said:

@jpeng said:

Ask Apple. They built the cage you chose to be in and they should solve your problems.

Bro, they already did; see here bro ^^ Ok bro?

• @SpeedTest said:
    MXRoute

DA Black Friday 2018
    Unlimited Email Accounts
    Unlimited Domains
    300 outbound emails per hour (soft limit)
    100GB of Storage
    $15/year OR
    $25/2years OR
    $30/3years

https://billing.mxroute.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=89

Wow, great deal, glad I found this and thanks for sharing!

• Thanks for all comments.

I now try the solution with sendgrid relay plus personal gmail receiving.

regards.

• @jpeng said:
    Thanks @uptime here, I have bought @hostdoc 's 1G KVM VPS for web hosting.

Now I want email hosting, with the conditions:

1. storage 2GB+
    2. support my own domain
    3. have fast IMAP and nice webmail
    4. have native App like Gmail

The price I can pay is about 20 USD per user per year.

Thanks for any suggestion.

Check out Dynu's full service email which is $19.99/year and includes 50GB storage with 300 accounts.

• @seizure said:
    set up DKIM and other needed entries (messing about in the DNS) for your domain. less work with gmail, more work with gsuite.

create an email account (pop) at MXroute, and also setup a forwarder at MXroute for the same email address (to your gmail/gsuite account) if you need instantaneous notifications at gmail/gsuite (google will handle the duplicate and you won't see it).

setup your MXroute email account inside gmail/gsuite. incoming mail via *.mxroute.com and outgoing mail at mail.yourdomain.com - also enable "send mail as" (not an alias) within google, and check "reply from same address as the message was sent to"...

then use whatever imap client to get email from google (or use the gmail app).

The only benefit of that would be if you wanted different email users. If it's just for you, you should have just added the domain as an alias and skip MXroute altogether.

I have a number of idling VPS thinking I'd host email for all them, but it was just simpler to add as aliases to my grandfathered gmail accounts.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

TimboJones said: skip MXroute altogether

Pls help feed kids thx <3 lol

Thanked by 1ITLabs
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

Check MXroute @jar

Thanked by 2jar poisson
  • @cobydecock said:

Check out Dynu's full service email which is $19.99/year and includes 50GB storage with 300 accounts.

Many thanks @cobydecock
    I have bought Dynu's service, just happy with it.

Thanked by 1cobydecock
  • I'm using Yandex Mail for my domains and happy with the service. 20GB Disk storage per user and user friendly UI.

Thanked by 1jpeng
  • Mailo.com from France is not bad either.

• @TheKiller said:
    I'm using Yandex Mail for my domains and happy with the service. 20GB Disk storage per user and user friendly UI.

Do you have any issue while using ThunderBird + Signature with Yandex for domain?

It wouldn't let me send email with signature because it said my signature look like spam (I just put name, phone, email, website in sig).

• @giang said:

@TheKiller said:
    I'm using Yandex Mail for my domains and happy with the service. 20GB Disk storage per user and user friendly UI.

Do you have any issue while using ThunderBird + Signature with Yandex for domain?

It wouldn't let me send email with signature because it said my signature look like spam (I just put name, phone, email, website in sig).

Haven't used thunderbird but used outlook desktop and outlook app. Works fine