Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

email hosting needed, 20 USD for 2GB mailbox per year
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

email hosting needed, 20 USD for 2GB mailbox per year

Thanks @uptime here, I have bought @hostdoc 's 1G KVM VPS for web hosting.

Now I want email hosting, with the conditions:

1. storage 2GB+
  2. support my own domain
  3. have fast IMAP and nice webmail
  4. have native App like Gmail

The price I can pay is about 20 USD per user per year.

Thanks for any suggestion.

Thanked by 1HostDoc

Comments

• Have a look at MXRoute offers @jar

• alentoalento Member, Host Rep

MXRoute absolutely. And the price will be a fraction of your budget.

Thanked by 1jar
  • MXRoute

DA Black Friday 2018
    Unlimited Email Accounts
    Unlimited Domains
    300 outbound emails per hour (soft limit)
    100GB of Storage
    $15/year OR
    $25/2years OR
    $30/3years

https://billing.mxroute.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=89

• Hello above members, thanks for suggestions. I checked with Mx route but they don’t have a native mobile app.

• vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited October 2019

Inbox dot eu. They just updated their plans to 100 GB mailboxes, €9.99/year personal plan, €9.99/user/year business.

Thanked by 2jpeng uptime
  • edited October 2019

@jpeng said:
    Hello above members, thanks for suggestions. I checked with Mx route but they don’t have a native mobile app.

Why bother using native app when you could add you email account to more popular client like gmail, outlook, mail, or ios mail app..

• @chocolateshirt said:

@jpeng said:
    Hello above members, thanks for suggestions. I checked with Mx route but they don’t have a native mobile app.

Why bother using native app when you could add you email account to more popular client like gmail, outlook, mail, or ios mail app..

Because I like gmail app’s mail context session. But gsuite is too expensive.

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited October 2019

hello again @jpeng - did you get setup on your VPS already?

It might be possible to use an application such as yunohost or mailinabox to facilitate using your VPS for email if yu are okay to administer it yourself

This is assuming it's for simple purpose not (for example) a mailing list or email marketing, especially not anything that could be confused eith spam (unsolicited commercial email).

There are other services designed for mailing lists and newsletters so would suggest to look at those if appropriate for your use case

mxroute is a great deal if you are comfortable using DirectAdmin to setup accounts and administer webmail.

Not sure about the "native app like Gmail" but if you mean an imap client for android then something like k9-mail should work fine

should be aware service is mostly DIY with support via forum (or slack) rather than tickets.

Recommended reading to learn more about mxroute:

another email service that might be interesting (has a nice calendar and other functions) is mailbox.org - a German service which provides 2 GB email storage for €12/year

I've seen others mentioned around that price but that's the one I have enough experience with to recommend

Would also suggest to check Fastmail to compare features - though that is likely out of your budget (if you need a seperate mailbox for each user - it does support a large number of addresses and domains, starting at $50 per year)

• vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited October 2019

@uptime said:
    hello again @jpeng - did you get setup on your VPS already?

Would also suggest to check Fastmail to compare features - though that is likely out of your budget (if you need a seperate mailbox for each user - it does support a large number of addresses and domains, starting at $50 per year)

That sounds expensive, bro. Maybe posteo dot de (if email + calendar) or tutanota if email only paid plans offer custom domains.

Edit: Final recco - at no cost (free) but using proprietary software (therefore not free) : Zoho Mail. I use it for work.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited October 2019

@vyas11 - yes Fastmail is definitely not cheap, it works out to almost $0.14 per day - but I ask you, what price for satisfaction bruh! :)

good suggestions to checkout posteo and tutanota - I have not yet tried them myself but have heard good things

• vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited October 2019

@uptime said:
    @vyas11 - yes Fastmail is definitely not cheap, it works out to almost $0.14 per day - but I ask you, what price for satisfaction bruh! :)

good suggestions to checkout posteo and tutanota - I have not yet tried them myself but have heard good things

:-) Lets see what @jpeng opts for in the end. Till then, over to the city of bro therly love.

• vyas11 said: Till then, off to Philadelphia.. the city of ....

Sunshine

Thanked by 1uptime
  • @jpeng said:

Get MXRoute and use MyMail app for mail. That works very well with IMAP/POP accounts.

• M66BM66B Veteran

@jpeng said:

@chocolateshirt said:

@jpeng said:

Because I like gmail app’s mail context session. But gsuite is too expensive.

Try my FairEmail if you are on Android ;-)

• I use K9 mail on android and it works fine, doesn't have a ton of features but I don't need them. I'm not a heavy mobile user. I like fastmail's webmail on desktop and have stayed with them and am pretty happy, though I agree they are expensive. Mxroute is a terrific value but is more infrastructure oriented if that makes any sense.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • @jpeng said:
    Thanks @uptime here, I have bought @hostdoc 's 1G KVM VPS for web hosting.

Now I want email hosting, with the conditions:

1. storage 2GB+
    2. support my own domain
    3. have fast IMAP and nice webmail
    4. have native App like Gmail

The price I can pay is about 20 USD per user per year.

Thanks for any suggestion.

Good Evening JPeng

im not sure if somone has sorted you out with a package,

i can offer you what you require 10GB Mailboxes your Own Domain , Mail Filters Webmail Interface too

Thanked by 1jpeng
  • Your avatar is quite apropos. "Host SOL"

Thanked by 1uptime
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited October 2019

PHDan said: "Host SOL"

"Host LOL" ammirite :smiley:

@Hyperhost_Solutions it's all good in the hood, but you'll probably want to get in the habit of including a specific order link when responding to request threads (read the rules for selling carefully, best to check with mods if in doubt - you can flag your own post to do that if you like).

Also you might do well to consult with @cociu as to the extent of their lowend trademark here :blush:

Thanked by 2ITLabs jpeng
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

jpeng said: have native App like Gmail

This one requirement makes all your other requirements impossible.

I would say you either decide that's vital and pay for GSuite or use a third party app and use MXRoute. Very few email services also publish their own native mobile app (on the mobile platform of your choice).

• vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited October 2019

@raindog308 Said:

This one requirement makes all your other requirements impossible.

I would say you either decide that's vital and pay for GSuite or use a third party app and use MXRoute. Very few email services also publish their own native mobile app (on the mobile platform of your choice).

The list can get quite small quite quickly.
    -Zoho mail(they have gsuite integration I think, we don't use it)
    -outlook/office 365. My outlook app stopped working after latest iOs beta update, neither Apple nor Microsoft are bothered because of the beta
    -Yandex
    - Tutanota
    - inbox dot eu
    - fastmail (based on posts here), though I’ve not used
    - protonmail
    - yahoo mail ?

On a separate note, learnt about pigeon mail app ( @ITLabs might Approve ) https://pigeonmailapp.com/

Edit: the use of the word ‘native’ as in native app is confusing. If OP meant something that comes pre installed on the phone as a part of OS (gmail app or mail app) or a force bundle by the phone company (e.g Samsung, Xiaomi) then the above list is redundant.

The word Bundle (बंडल) in atleast two languages here means a fluff or low quality. Which is precisely most of the bloatware bundled with phones tends to be.

Thanked by 3ITLabs jpeng uptime
  • You could maybe use outlook or GMail with SMTP/IMAP?

• vyas11 said: On a separate note, learnt about pigeon mail app ( @ITLabs might Approve ) https://pigeonmailapp.com/

Hmm... that's new (for me). I will send my spy pigeons to investigate it further.

Btw, do you know Cock.li?

Thanked by 1vyas11
  • Hello members,

What I really want is the Email Conversation like what Gmail or Fastmail does.

I have subscribed to some mailing lists, every day get a lot of emails, if there is no Conversation, I was in trouble to follow the discussion thread.

I think gmail or FM are pretty good, but their prices are also pretty high, it's about 50-60 USD per year per user.

For pure SMTP/IMAP, thanks for your suggestions and what I search, I know there are some providers on the list:

1. mailbox.org
    2. posteo.de
    3. yandex.com
    4. Mail.ru (I think they have free email hosting)
    5. Tuffmail.com
    6. Namecheap PrvateEmail
    7. Purelymail.com
    8. Redpin.com
    9. PolarisMail.com
    10. Runbox.com

But they neither have native app for mobile, nor have email Conversation.

So can you help furthure?

Thanks.

• Buy mxroute..use Gmail free mailbox as mailclient..

• Simple.

Pay more and use the email service with native app.
    Or
    Pay less and use 3rd party SMTP/IMAP app

• sanvit said:
    Or

or ... pay even more (in money and/or time) to develop your own "perfect" android client - assuming you don't find one already made

I only know F-Droid open source apps but of course there is also the Google app marketplace

https://search.f-droid.org/?q=mail&lang=en

Thanked by 1sanvit
  • @uptime said:

sanvit said:
    Or

or ... pay even more (in money and/or time) to develop your own "perfect" android client - assuming you don't find one already made

I only know F-Droid open source apps but of course there is also the Google app marketplace

Or pay even more and buy up Google or Microsoft.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited October 2019

@sanvit said:

@uptime said:

sanvit said:
    Or

1) Buy out Apple, Monsanto, Genentech, and Space-X
    2) Clone an army of Linus Torvalds on Mars
    3) ...?
    4) Profit!

Thanked by 2sanvit FootKaput
  • @uptime said:

@sanvit said:

@uptime said:

sanvit said:
    Or

1) Buy out Apple, Monsanto, Genentech, and Space-X
    2) Clone an army of Linus Torwalds on Mars
    3) ...?
    4) Profit!

that sounds fun. :)

Thanked by 1uptime