Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What do you think about Realme X2 Pro phone? New Flagship Killer.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What do you think about Realme X2 Pro phone? New Flagship Killer.

stefemanstefeman Member
edited October 2019 in General

Basically OnePlus 7 Pro for half the cost. And it looks pretty good too. I'm totally buying it myself as I don't follow brands other than which offers best hardware for best price, and then I run some other ROM on it.

Thanked by 2seriesn Janevski

Comments

• pikepike Veteran

Yeah it's all fun and games until your phone explodes out of a sudden.

• My midrange SD6xx Phone works great. 6gb of RAM means hardly any page-out.

I'll look at options when it starts slowing me down.

• @pike said:

It belongs to same BBK Electronics group with Oppo, Vivo and OnePlus.

• HolyBalls that’s cheap!

But this whole new multimillion camera on a phone is annoying the crap outta me.

Thanked by 2raindog308 Amitz
  • JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

I still love my OnePlus 6. Still going strong today, and I have had it since release. But the realme x2 pro does indeed look prem.

• pikepike Veteran
    edited October 2019

@stefeman said:

@pike said:

It belongs to same BBK Electronics group with Oppo, Vivo and OnePlus.

Wouldnt buy any of those. And never heard of them except for OnePlus.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

What's the point of buying flagship phones? Just get a mid range or even budget. They are more than good enough nowadays.

You can't replace batteries in recent phones, so might as well get cheap ones and replace it every few years.

Thanked by 2vimalware hostdare
  • pikepike Veteran

@deank said:
    You can't replace batteries in recent phones, so might as well get cheap ones and replace it every few years.

Or you buy phones with replaceable battery and force companies to stop creating phones with a fixed one. (Or you wait for EU to finally ban this shit)

Have yet to see good ones with removable batteries.

LG used to make those but they don't anymore. And only lowest end phones have replaceable batteries.

Thanked by 3dfroe pike vimalware
  • pikepike Veteran

I'm still happy with the Blackberry Q10, but sometime back in the last years RIM decided to stop creating decent phones.

I held onto BB Z10 until 2018. I've had it for 5.5 years I think. Changed its battery 3 times during. I only changed it to Samsung A8 due to wanting Android.

Doesn't matter how good of a phone is. If you can't swap out its battery, it's not gonna last long.

Thanked by 1pike
  • pikepike Veteran

Wasn't the Z10 also on Blackberry OS 10 with android apk compatibility? It's so damn sad they stopped developing and updating it...

Don't know. Didn't care, either. It did everything I wanted it to do and video playback was smooth as a a teen girl's skin.

The phone aged well but I had to change.

• edoarudo5edoarudo5 Member
    edited October 2019

It's good but still too expensive for me. After trying Poco, anything more than $350 for a phone is a no-no for me. Opted for a Xiaomi Mi 9t Pro instead. Flagship-grade everything for much more less (for me, at least). I could do without the 90 Hz screen and 855+ processor. 27w charging is already good enough for me. This is coming from a former Samsung Galaxy S/iPhone user, converted to Xiaomi Pocophone, seen the value the phone offers for the price, never going back.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

For 500 Euros you can get a Glock. It'll last you a lifetime.

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

@raindog308 said:
    For 500 Euros you can get a Glock. It'll last you a lifetime.

I've always wanted one 🤔

• @stefeman said:
    What do you think about Realme X2 Pro phone?

Nothing at all. I've witnessed too many chinese phone companies who released top of the line smartphones for little money just to crash and burn because they couldn't bother to update their phones.

• hyperblasthyperblast Member
    edited October 2019

from ...ship to ...shit is often a narrow degree. like nokia 8... promoted as a flagshipkiller but in the end bullshit because no android 10 for this device.

• Flagship killer is only good for specs. If you are buying phone solely for the specs, than it's good for you. I buy phone, because I want a phone that just works for years. It means good software, good support, consistent update.

I bet those so called flagship killer doesn't even have hdmi out. Let alone dex or Linux.

• emreemre Member, LIR

I really don't understand people that buys tech stuff for to use 5 years or more.

You only live once (YOLO) and you can only use a new tech device once in your lifetime.

life is short man, why bother with a 5 year old crap because its working still and shit, it's still a 5 year old garbage, tech nowadays goes very very fast.

I personally myself try to change my phone every year, 12 months is the maximum,
    never buy a device to last forever, it's total crap and lie, we are living in 2020's come on its all about the consumption, fuck global warming etc.

the more more consume the more advanced tech and the more cheap we get.

I don't care about the flagshippness of a phone or a tech device, I used tens of different maker model phones in my life and I am happy, make yourself happy, change your device every 12 months,

change your car in every 3 years max if possible,

change you wife in every 7 years max if possible.

yes..

that's my life goal and I am doing it according to plan till this day..

• These "flagships killer" are nice the first few months, then you discover there is barely any updates from the manufacturer, and third party support is not existent because of unavailability of source code.

Better buy something like a Redmi 9T or similar, where you'll get a couple of years of updates from Xiaomi, and then community support from XDA.

• yokowasisyokowasis Member
    edited October 2019

@emre said:
    I really don't understand people that buys tech stuff for to use 5 years or more.

You only live once (YOLO) and you can only use a new tech device once in your lifetime.

life is short man, why bother with a 5 year old crap because its working still and shit, it's still a 5 year old garbage, tech nowadays goes very very fast.

I personally myself try to change my phone every year, 12 months is the maximum,
    never buy a device to last forever, it's total crap and lie, we are living in 2020's come on its all about the consumption, fuck global warming etc.

I don't care about the flagshippness of a phone or a tech device, I used tens of different maker model phones in my life and I am happy, make yourself happy, change your device every 12 months,

yes..

that's my life goal and I am doing it according to plan till this day..

The more reason to buy real flagship instead of so called flagship killer.

Also people on LET still use decades old hardware for their website. Provider that changing hardware every year is just stupid.

Not every one has the time or money to change their phone. Moving data and stuff is pain and took times.

There is a reason why Ubuntu provide LTS release. In our line of work, consistency and predictability is much more important than cutting edge technology.

Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting
  • @emre said:

You're telling me that instead of buying a good mid-range phone that will last me for years and supports my needs (that btw, are only Telegram, light browsing and some ssh-ing in my servers), i have to put up with expensive flagships that only give me anything but trade offs (no jack, no replaceable battery, bloated stock rom) and waste me a grand a year.

I'm sorry, but my 2016 phone works fine, has a jack, ir blaster, replaceable battery, dual sim and sd card slot. And whenever i want to make it new, i just buy replacement parts that are cheap as fuck since nobody wants them anymore.
    And contrary to your "latest flagship", i get daily builds with daily security updates, and could also dualboot debian or Sailfish if i wanted.

• bapbap Member

@emre said:

I have more often bought a new laptop than a new cellphone. :wink:

@emre said:

No! We live every single day, but we die once!

@emre said:

I don't buy a garbage as a replacement of another garbage. buy the proper one!

@emre said:

Wow, good for you, you could afford that.

Change your personality in every?

• emreemre Member, LIR
    edited October 2019

you are all conservative as your grand parents, still the same spider-brain,

new tech makes me happy, I don't drink, I don't do drugs, I don't do anything bad for my body and soul, the only thing makes me happy is owning something new and shiny,

just like the addiction of idling vps's all around the world.

I buy them because I like owning a new and shiny vps, then fuck it after 2 days, let it idle for a year,

I don't see any of you care for a 32mb vps you bought some 5 years ago,

why fuck with a 5 year old 10 year old tech device, such as a phone, which you use in every second of your life,

I will go and buy a realme x2 pro now

After all the things I said, I am hungry for new tech..

Or should buy a bunch of new exotic vm's, yes this will be more economical than spending 500 usd on a chinese shit phone?
    And I wil have the vps's right now, if not delivered in 30 seconds , I will beat the provider with online forum shaming and assaulting their personality.

• I can only afford 150-170 Eur mid-rangers. (SD 6xx SoC with 6+GB Ram is speedy enough, especially if you run Pihole and ublock origin/umatrix for FF)

Around 30-36months in, some family member will find a way to destroy their phone.

Voila: new midrange device upgrade every 3yrs.

• @emre said:
    you are all conservative as your grand parents, still the same spider-brain,

new tech makes me happy, I don't drink, I don't do drugs, I don't do anything bad for my body and soul, the only thing makes me happy is owning something new and shiny,

just like the addiction of idling vps's all around the world.

I buy them because I like owning a new and shiny vps, then fuck it after 2 days, let it idle for a year,

I don't see any of you care for a 32mb vps you bought some 5 years ago,

why fuck with a 5 year old 10 year old tech device, such as a phone, which you use in every second of your life,

I will go and buy a realme x2 pro now

After all the things I said, I am hungry for new tech..

Or should buy a bunch of new exotic vm's, yes this will be more economical than spending 500 usd on a chinese shit phone?
    And I wil have the vps's right now, if not delivered in 30 seconds , I will beat the provider with online forum shaming and assaulting their personality.

ok

• I was in Malaysia recently and also went to check this realme phone. My opinion is that it looks good and it's fast, but I would still rather buy a xiaomi or redmi phone, which they were also selling next door.
    But if camera is your thing, you will be disappointed with some of the camera distortion.

That's why people buy stuff like pixel phones or galaxy notes... it's about priorities.
    For gaming and browsing, any midrange or these phones will do since performance is similar.

• Th company is expanding in India and they start offering after half year products in Europe which is great but like @peixotorms says I prefer to let see what they will do and if they have good reviews from customers...

• peixotorms said: would still rather buy a xiaomi or redmi phone

And face the ads all over the UI?