Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MyW - Shared and Reseller Lifetimes are back, last chance! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

MyW - Shared and Reseller Lifetimes are back, last chance!

2»

Comments

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@bikegremlin said:

@debaser said:
    There's one thing I don't understand: how is offering 'lifetime plans' on a dedicated (i.e. rented) server a good business plan? I mean, the expense for these servers will return every month. But the income of your customers is gone after one time. How long will these servers stay online?

I suppose it's somewhat similar to getting a credit from a bank:
    You get more money upfront, but end up paying more than you have received until the end.
    The main difference being: with lifetime services, you end up offering them for as long as the company is in business. So it is a "burden", but for services that don't take too much time and resources, it can be handled - for some businesses, not for all.

With a good plan, and financial structure, I suppose it can work. Hell, I'm offering dozens of free hosting services - because it feels crappy asking friends and family for the money, which is really small on a per-account basis. Including paying for the domain renewals.

For a company - if it allows you to invest in what you need to grow, without any big costs for the first year, or even later - it can be a workable option.

From a client's perspective:
    You are practically betting X dollars on that the company will stay in business and keep offering good quality service.
    Another aspect is simply supporting a business you wish to support.

For me personally, the idea I won't have to think about another (monthly/yearly) bill is very nice - it's not just about the money, but the "forget about it" (as long as it works).

Though, it is risky - no guarantees. For hosting, I'd say the safest bet is paying from month to month, or at most yearly (if you've been happy with the company).

Another risk, with small ("one man show") companies is that one car accident (for example, knock on wood) could bring an unexpected end to it, or seriously disrupt it, even if it has been financially stable.

Now, since I'm convinced that that @MikePT is the emerging Jose Mourinho of web hosting, I'm seriously considering investing the value of my 2 days work (80 euros) into the company. Mike is a special one! :)

Welcome aboard mate!
    I hope you're enjoying the service! :D

Definitely a Mourinho in WebHosting, hahaa, nice analogy!!

Thanked by 1bikegremlin
  • @MikePT said:

Welcome aboard mate!
    I hope you're enjoying the service! :D

Definitely a Mourinho in WebHosting, hahaa, nice analogy!!

Thanks.

What can I say - sys-admin as a first level of tech support, :wink: fast, so far stable - can't complain. :)

Best of luck with your hosting company, hoping to see it grow.

Thanked by 2vyas11 MikePT
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

bikegremlin said: Thanks.

What can I say - sys-admin as a first level of tech support, fast, so far stable - can't complain.

Best of luck with your hosting company, hoping to see it grow.

Thank you for the kind words mate, really excited to have customers like you! :)

Thanked by 2bikegremlin Ympker