Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How do I monitor my server uptime - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How do I monitor my server uptime

2»

Comments

• nobody mentioned nixstats?

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

@TerensM said:
    nobody mentioned nixstats?

Well you just did.

• HBAndreiHBAndrei Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@vyas11 said:

@angstrom said:

By the way, why not Hetrix if one is from India? Just curious

Pm'ed you

PM me too, I'm curious as well.
    Cheers.

• @HBAndrei said:

@vyas11 said:

@angstrom said:

By the way, why not Hetrix if one is from India? Just curious

Pm'ed you

Cheers.

You may prefer not to know (but you'll see)

Thanked by 2vyas11 HBAndrei
  • @HBAndrei said:

Folks, I have PM'd @HBAndrei my reasons and they understood, let us say the matter is being looked into. The matter can be laid to rest for now.

Thanks

Thanked by 1HBAndrei
  • I also want to know. Who is gonna tell me ?

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

Ping from desktop your server every second to see if it’s fail and count times it will fail :smiley:

• How do I monitor my server uptime

You can relay on third-party (free or paid) monitoring services or you can setup your own monitoring stack using Nagios, Icinga, Zabbix etc.

Hi, just got my first server setup, I want to make sure my server is always up and if it is not, I want to know ASAP!

You can relay on third-party (free or paid) monitoring services or you can setup your own monitoring stack using Nagios, Icinga, Zabbix etc.

I also would like to know, what can I do to make sure my server isn't getting hacked?

No server is 100% fail proof. But, we can secure the server to a good extent by configuring a good packet firewall and WAF, upgrading server packages and web applications to the latest version, blocking IPs with poor reputation, blocking a whole country you won’t want to receive any traffic from.

• @NotNamedLET said:
    How do I monitor my server uptime

Hi, just got my first server setup, I want to make sure my server is always up and if it is not, I want to know ASAP!

I also would like to know, what can I do to make sure my server isn't getting hacked?

No server is 100% fail proof. But, we can secure the server to a good extent by configuring a good packet firewall and WAF, upgrading server packages and web applications to the latest version, blocking IPs with poor reputation, blocking a whole country you won’t want to receive any traffic from.

So you signed up to say all of this? (Do you have another name on LET?)

• There is also https://pulseway.com/ , but you can also control your machine with it so it will depends on your server contents :)

• Go with Uptime Robot for the free 50 monitors and no login hassles. When I changed some server's backup to take service offline during backup, it would trip Uptime Robot alarms. I thought Hetrix Tools had maintenance mode to schedule maintenance windows, but they need to be manually done each day. In the end, it was easier to use Uptime Robot's API to disable and re-enable monitoring easily in backup jobs using curl calls.

• HBAndreiHBAndrei Member, Top Host, Host Rep

TimboJones said: I thought Hetrix Tools had maintenance mode to schedule maintenance windows, but they need to be manually done each day. In the end, it was easier to use Uptime Robot's API to disable and re-enable monitoring easily in backup jobs using curl calls.

You can do that with our API as well:
    https://docs.hetrixtools.com/api-uptime-monitor-maintenance-mode/

Cheers.