Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2.99€ + 10€ Setup Fee Dedi - Page 9
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

2.99€ + 10€ Setup Fee Dedi

Comments

• I'm really happy with my 2.99 SSD dedi, only wish I could have gotten one of those with a 1TB drive (would have loved to have a cheap seedbox with space).

• @Exabyte said:
    Can it be pushed or transfered?

@bugis said:

@FoxelVox said:
    If someone has one for transfer (either 3x6TB or 1TB 1,99 deal), let me know!

I have 3 servers that are unemployed, because the project I will be working on is canceled ;(

Atom C2350
    1.7 GHz 2 cores
    4GB DDR3
    1× 256 GB (SSD SATA)
    1Gbps Unmetered
    PAR
    Expiration 2019-11-01

Atom C2750
    2.4 GHz 8 cores
    8GB DDR3
    1× 128 GB (SSD SATA)
    1Gbps Unmetered
    PAR
    Expiration 2019-10-24

Atom C2750
    2.4 GHz 8 cores
    16GB DDR3
    1× 256 GB (SSD SATA)
    1Gbps Unmetered
    AMS
    Expiration 2019-11-01

$25 for 3 servers until terminate time

• @bugis said:

@Exabyte said:
    Can it be pushed or transfered?

@bugis said:

@FoxelVox said:
    If someone has one for transfer (either 3x6TB or 1TB 1,99 deal), let me know!

I have 3 servers that are unemployed, because the project I will be working on is canceled ;(

Atom C2350
    1.7 GHz 2 cores
    4GB DDR3
    1× 256 GB (SSD SATA)
    1Gbps Unmetered
    PAR
    Expiration 2019-11-01

Atom C2750
    2.4 GHz 8 cores
    8GB DDR3
    1× 128 GB (SSD SATA)
    1Gbps Unmetered
    PAR
    Expiration 2019-10-24

Atom C2750
    2.4 GHz 8 cores
    16GB DDR3
    1× 256 GB (SSD SATA)
    1Gbps Unmetered
    AMS
    Expiration 2019-11-01

$25 for 3 servers until terminate time

Did not understand. What renew price for that boxes? For Atom C2350 is 5EURO?

• I don't think these are transferable. Otherwise I have a 20 eur/m 32gb e3-1230v5(?) with 2x1tb that I keep procrastinating about cancelling.

• @willie said:
    32gb e3-1230v5(?) with 2x1tb

It's 1230v3 if we're talking about hot 2017 summersales. Nevertheless too good to cancel...

• Thanked by 1ITLabs
  • mtsbatalhamtsbatalha Member
    edited September 2019

I'm getting poor I/O speeds in my 3EUR server.

dd: sequential write speed
    1st run: 37.38 MiB/s
    2nd run: 53.98 MiB/s
    3rd run: 59.80 MiB/s
    average: 50.39 MiB/s

Someone else?

• Shitty SSD performance, nothing unusual on these Online Special Cheaps

Thanked by 1mtsbatalha
  • I have:
    Online C2350/4GB/1TB (2€/m) and Kimsufi N2800/2GB/500GB (4€/m)
    I feel that the Kimsufi server is more powerful than the Online server...
    On Online server, I'm not able to download at 1GBs but it's really fast when I back up to the C14 solution.
    I'm happy to have 4 nameservers now: 1 Online, 1 Kimsufi, nssec.online.net and ns.kimsufi.com

• I regret not picking up one of those Intel Xeon D-1531 servers for 22.99, wonder if they will do another sale soon :)

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

sin said: Intel Xeon D-1531 servers for 22.99

Point was? With this for 29.99?

• @default said:
    I shall be strong. I shall resist.

this is all what i can remember from this thread.

• @lebidule said:
    I have:
    Online C2350/4GB/1TB (2€/m) and Kimsufi N2800/2GB/500GB (4€/m)
    I feel that the Kimsufi server is more powerful than the Online server...
    On Online server, I'm not able to download at 1GBs but it's really fast when I back up to the C14 solution.
    I'm happy to have 4 nameservers now: 1 Online, 1 Kimsufi, nssec.online.net and ns.kimsufi.com

Is yours in PAR or AMS? Do you have any particular examples for speedtests?

I feel like to have better network performance to the common hosters from the online.net AMS box over kimsufi. N2800 got better specs though.

• Oh right, the 1TB was €1.99/m not 2.99, thread title is wrong. That's why it was so hard to resist and now I'm again regretting not getting one. 4 of them would have been cheaper per month than my 2x2TB Kimsufi though recovering the setup fee would have taken an awfully long time. Anyway oh well. I do suspect that the C2350 is faster than the N2800 even on just 1 machine, but one doesn't buy these servers for cpu.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited September 2019

d0m1234 said: N2800 got better specs though.

No

• @rm_ said:

d0m1234 said: N2800 got better specs though.

No

I trusted cpuboss, which I shouldn't.

• @willie said: Oh right, the 1TB was €1.99/m not 2.99, thread title is wrong.

Those for €1.99/m were few in number and went quickly; those for €2.99/m were greater in number and lasted longer.

• Hmm ok, it was late at night and I don't remember whether the €1.99/m were gone when I clicked the link. Either way I resisted temptation and went to bed, I'm definitely glad I didn't buy 4 servers, I'm mostly glad that I didn't buy 2, but I somewhat regret not having bought 1. No big deal. I also ready have an idle €2.99/m dedi at Online (Scaleway C1) but it has no HDD and is really pretty useless when it comes down to it.

• Anyone got a server from Pro Range during this sale? Please PM me, I want a minute of your time to test something.

• vimalwarevimalware Member
    edited October 2019

@angstrom said:

Those for €1.99/m were few in number and went quickly; those for €2.99/m were greater in number and lasted longer.

At the time, I was surprised the 1.99 lasted for 3+ hrs; Probably just a reflection of the goodwill lost by the old Kidechire fiasco.

A big thank you to @neoon for being considerate enough to share this with us.

Thanked by 2angstrom default
  • Wow!
    Servers are all back online at the same time but not at the same special offer price...

• @d0m1234 said:
    Is yours in PAR or AMS? Do you have any particular examples for speedtests?

I feel like to have better network performance to the common hosters from the online.net AMS box over kimsufi. N2800 got better specs though.

I ordered in PAR DC2. I'm french so I prefer french DC locations :)
    FYI my KS-1 is in Roubaix.
    I didn't use a bench to confirm this feedback but I trust my experience :)

• @lebidule said:

Wow!
    Servers are all back online at the same time but not at the same special offer price...

Maybe maybe maybe it's the new price after a few months?????????

Thanked by 1MasonR
  • sinsin Member

rm_ said: With this for 29.99?

Yeah that one that you mentioned and there was another one that came with just 2x500GB SSD for 22.99 (could have used that one to replace one of my other dedis that I use just for hosting websites). Kicking myself for not just picking them up during the sale. Their AMS network seems to be a lot better now.

• @lebidule said:

Wow!

Yeah... price increases as expected.

The bad part is my microwave broke. It seems I will need popcorn sooner than anticipated.

• How does the AMS datacenter compare to DC3 and DC5 in Paris?

• dfroedfroe Member, Host Rep

@RecD said:
    How does the AMS datacenter compare to DC3 and DC5 in Paris?

In my opinion: Much better.

While it is hit or miss what you get in Paris, bandwidth going literally between 1 and 900 Mbit/s throughout the day and latency/jitter varying

SmokePing Online.net PAR
    (this was one of the better days)

it is just a flat green line in Amsterdam and I get nearly constant 900 Mbit/s at every hour of the day.

SmokePing Online.net AMS

Both graphs meassure latency from PAR/AMS to DTAG.

Other destination look similiar (though DTAG is one of the worst examples) but for me network quality in AMS has always been much better than in PAR (DC3). Cannot say anything about DC5.

Sometimes routing from AMS is backhauled to PAR, but this has improved over the last year and it also happens vice versa.

So if you have the choice, I myself would prefer AMS over PAR. But if you are looking for dirt cheap deals, there is often no choice as most of them are only available in PAR. Maybe for some reason..

But as always: You mileage may vary.

• @ps20090 said:

Wow!

Yeah... price increases as expected.

The bad part is my microwave broke. It seems I will need popcorn sooner than anticipated.

This is the standard pricing for these servers. So nothing to do with the promotional sale.

• I know it's out of topic but I checked my KS1 server hard drive. It showed 6.5 years old...
    I opened a ticket to Kimsufi Support and they accepted to change the hard drive for a new one.
    Moreover they change my 500GB HD to... 2TB HD for free :)
    So now I have a N2800/2GB/2TB for 3,99 € HT :)

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • ehabehab Member
    edited October 2019

@lebidule said:

are you sure you don't work for online or kimsufi?

consider your self lucky. now, go and do lottery.

Thanked by 2ITLabs AlwaysSkint