Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2.99€ + 10€ Setup Fee Dedi - Page 8
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

2.99€ + 10€ Setup Fee Dedi

Comments

• @Zeniic said:

@mtsbatalha said:
    Anyone getting poor I/O speeds in Intel C2350 server?

I'm getting 40MB/s on my 1TB SATA - Only 900 Power on hours and no SMART errors after Short & Extended testing.

Also disk running at 70c idle! Fun!

Are you going to cancell it?

• If someone has one for transfer (either 3x6TB or 1TB 1,99 deal), let me know!

• @mtsbatalha said:

@Zeniic said:

@mtsbatalha said:
    Anyone getting poor I/O speeds in Intel C2350 server?

I'm getting 40MB/s on my 1TB SATA - Only 900 Power on hours and no SMART errors after Short & Extended testing.

Also disk running at 70c idle! Fun!

Are you going to cancell it?

Online staff are going to replace it as soon as one becomes available. Hoping within the next few days as people drop them or get declined.

Thanked by 1mtsbatalha
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

Zeniic said: Also disk running at 70c idle! Fun!

That sounds crazy, can you post full SMART?

FoxelVox said: If someone has one for transfer (either 3x6TB or 1TB 1,99 deal)

What makes you think these are transferrable?

• AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited September 2019

Rebuilding again.. Chinese wonder why they get a bad rep. (though they're not the only ones!) Left the server building the OS, plus some time after (Online.net say an hour).

Last failed login: Fri Sep 27 17:51:37 CEST 2019 from 122.195.200.148 ..
    There were 570 failed login attempts since the last successful login.

I added authorized_keys

Last failed login: Fri Sep 27 17:53:01 CEST 2019 from 218.92.0.171 ..
    There were 25 failed login attempts since the last successful login.

I edited sshd_config

Last failed login: Fri Sep 27 17:54:10 CEST 2019 from 222.186.30.152 ..
    There were 3 failed login attempts since the last successful login.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited September 2019

Just let them in and take the free pizza.
    I see no issues here.

• dfroedfroe Member, Host Rep

Usually failed login attempts are probably the most boring information you can get from a devices on the public internet.

The successful logins are the ones you should be checking and taking care about. ;)

Thanked by 1webcraft

@dfroe said:
    The successful logins are the ones you should be checking and taking care about. ;)

Then its to late, you are done.

Thanked by 1webcraft

@Neoon said:

@dfroe said:

Of course I didn't mean one shouldn't properly secure his server (definitely not).

But after pulling up all those security fences - and depending on what type of data / service you are dealing with - the ability to properly detect an intrusion and being aware of it is essential. Otherwise you might end up living together with a bad friend without knowing. :)

A daily mailed summary of successful SSH logins together with timestamps, IPs and maybe reverse dns or whois lookups to easily identify the IP can be a quick plausibility check.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • @dfroe said:

@Neoon said:

@dfroe said:

Of course I didn't mean one shouldn't properly secure his server (definitely not).

But after pulling up all those security fences - and depending on what type of data / service you are dealing with - the ability to properly detect an intrusion and being aware of it is essential. Otherwise you might end up living together with a bad friend without knowing. :)

A daily mailed summary of successful SSH logins together with timestamps, IPs and maybe reverse dns or whois lookups to easily identify the IP can be a quick plausibility check.

Any script which does that? Thnx

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • @rm_ said:

akb said: But a Intel tool i7z (though not meant for this CPU) tells me otherwise (TURBO ENABLED on 2 Cores):

Run this: dd if=/dev/zero bs=1M count=2048 | md5sum

How much MB/sec do you get? 230...240 = turbo working, 200 or less = not working.

I am getting 140 MB/s. How can I enable turbo ?? Many thanks

• xyzxyz Member
    edited September 2019

rm_ said: And the CPU on mine is C2338, not C2350.

Hmm, maybe there's two variants of the SC 2016 then... Parts of my dmidecode:

BIOS Information
            Vendor: Online Labs
            Version: 00.00.00.0012
            Release Date: 01/17/2018
            Address: 0xE0000
            Runtime Size: 128 kB
            ROM Size: 6144 kB

System Information
            Manufacturer: Online Labs
            Product Name: SR
            Version: (^_^)
            Serial Number: 42
            UUID: 12345678-1234-5678-90ab-cddeefaabbcc
            Wake-up Type: Power Switch
            SKU Number: (^_^)
            Family: Avoton

Base Board Information
            Manufacturer: Online Labs
            Product Name: SR
            Version: 42
            Serial Number: 42
            Asset Tag: 42

Perhaps cpufreq doesn't work on the C2350 (Online board), but works on the C2338 variants (Dell board).

• I'm curious, are these blades? Single SoCs? Are they building custom racks/shelves for these?

This is the first time I've seen coreboot used in prod commercially for one thing

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @hzr said:
    I'm curious, are these blades? Single SoCs? Are they building custom racks/shelves for these?

This is the first time I've seen coreboot used in prod commercially for one thing

I gained this information from Scaleway Staff on their Slack whilst asking for a HDD replacement:
    "We can’t change the disk easily, because each server is in a blade of two servers, so if we want to change the disk we have to stop the neighboring server."

and this from another Staff:
    "that’s a special design, the blades are not on the front of the rack, i don’t know how to describe this with words but they all are in 1U"

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @FoxelVox said:
    If someone has one for transfer (either 3x6TB or 1TB 1,99 deal), let me know!

I have 3 servers that are unemployed, because the project I will be working on is canceled ;(

Atom C2350
    1.7 GHz 2 cores
    4GB DDR3
    1× 256 GB (SSD SATA)
    1Gbps Unmetered
    PAR
    Expiration 2019-11-01

Atom C2750
    2.4 GHz 8 cores
    8GB DDR3
    1× 128 GB (SSD SATA)
    1Gbps Unmetered
    PAR
    Expiration 2019-10-24

Atom C2750
    2.4 GHz 8 cores
    16GB DDR3
    1× 256 GB (SSD SATA)
    1Gbps Unmetered
    AMS
    Expiration 2019-11-01

• Can it be pushed or transfered?

@bugis said:

@FoxelVox said:
    If someone has one for transfer (either 3x6TB or 1TB 1,99 deal), let me know!

I have 3 servers that are unemployed, because the project I will be working on is canceled ;(

Atom C2350
    1.7 GHz 2 cores
    4GB DDR3
    1× 256 GB (SSD SATA)
    1Gbps Unmetered
    PAR
    Expiration 2019-11-01

Atom C2750
    2.4 GHz 8 cores
    8GB DDR3
    1× 128 GB (SSD SATA)
    1Gbps Unmetered
    PAR
    Expiration 2019-10-24

Atom C2750
    2.4 GHz 8 cores
    16GB DDR3
    1× 256 GB (SSD SATA)
    1Gbps Unmetered
    AMS
    Expiration 2019-11-01

@plumberg said:

@dfroe said:

Any script which does that? Thnx

grep 'sshd\[[0-9]*\]: Accepted' /var/log/auth.log | mailx -E -r 'ssh-logins' -s 'SSH Logins' 'root'

You may adjust it to your needs and integrate it in your logrotate or daily cron.

Thanked by 1grep
  • Gutted I missed this> @bene_online said:

Hello,

These offers are available in limited quantities and available as first come, first served ;)

So will they be re-stocked?

And will the prices go up or the servers cancelled after a while like the last kidechires?

Thanked by 1Trav
  • What is the new link to order? The old one is expired...

• Thanked by 1that_guy
  • So there is no 2..99€ and 1.99€ server anymore?

@chocolateshirt said:

So there is no 2..99€ and 1.99€ server anymore?

I have to inform you, that you just got trolled.
    You may troll back anytime.

Its called a limit deal, because it expired.

Thanked by 2ITLabs skorous
  • @Neoon said:

@chocolateshirt said:

So there is no 2..99€ and 1.99€ server anymore?

I have to inform you, that you just got trolled.
    You may troll back anytime.

Its called a limit deal, because it expired.

Hahaha.. thank you for the update @Neoon..

• Wow, I got very lucky I guess for the 2.99€ server, I just checked the power on time of the SSD, it's been active for only 78 hours (when I started using it.).

• chitypochitypo Member
    edited September 2019

@theo546 said:
    Wow, I got very lucky I guess for the 2.99€ server, I just checked the power on time of the SSD, it's been active for only 78 hours (when I started using it.).

my ssd 16 hours

• I got 3 Euro 128 GB SSD dedibox, kind of good performance for now. Maybe they will throttle or slowdown later.

Still sad about missing out on 2 Euro 1 Tb dedi, any one knows when last they did this sort of sale? Or was it first time online.net did this sort of sales.

Thanks

Have a nice day

• Saw this while there were some in stock, managed to resist, kind of regretting not getting one or two and cancelling my atom kimsufi, but saved the setup fees so fine.

Thanked by 1RecD
  • @willie said:
    Saw this while there were some in stock, managed to resist, kind of regretting not getting one or two and cancelling my atom kimsufi, but saved the setup fees so fine.

I did the math and felt I would be fine if the price stayed constant for 6mos. So picked up just 1x1TB.

If I can't get proxmox+zfs running (use case: zfs send backup target for 15m snapshots from the E3s), it becomes my new seedbox. (35/20 MB/s download/upload is my minimum expectation to achieve parity with cociuboxes)

Thanked by 1rm_
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

vimalware said: If I can't get proxmox+zfs running

They have Proxmox 5 available for install, and said that will be adding Proxmox 6 as well, soon.

• williewillie Member
    edited September 2019

vimalware said: I did the math and felt I would be fine if the price stayed constant for 6mos. So picked up just 1x1TB.

I have the Kimsufi flash sale 2x2TB for 8.99€/m so I'd never catch up on disk space alone. But the extra cores and bandwidth and hardware isolation might have been useful. Maybe I should have thought about one of the flash based ones, for database replication. Meh, more idlers, better off without.