Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VirMach ★ RAID 10 SSD ★ From $7/YR - KVM ★ $23/YR - 2GB Windows ★ DDoS Protection & 10Gbps Available - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VirMach ★ RAID 10 SSD ★ From $7/YR - KVM ★ $23/YR - 2GB Windows ★ DDoS Protection & 10Gbps Available

Comments

• @skorous said:

supertoon said: As per their policy, first purchase is eligible for a refund, but I couldn't find a refund option.

As per the offer description, No Refunds.

Message well received. I've got the same reply from the ticket.

• billionairebillionaire Member
    edited September 2019

Any European DC - windows? or perhaps New Jersey?

Can I switch the location later? @VirMach

• @sanvit said:

@cazrz said:

@ben47955 said:

cazrz said: I'm still short of 10 4GBs so here's another batch I hope your site does not kick me from ordering.

I know it's cheap, but not that crazy. Do you have real use case for that ?

Yes, we use more than 800 vps and more than 25 providers on 40 dc locations.

May I ask you why you need that many VMs?

We manage lots of client sites. Client base is 10k+ and 800 vms are really small against the number of clients. Some of the vms are for redundancy. We also collect lots of vms with block storage as the clients need it for photos and video files. A single site have terabytes of user photos. Some of the sites are still on AWS but we already moved most of them. Clients are on different locations that is why we also use lots of locations. Weve been doing this for more than 10yrs.

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

alilet said: @VirMach When can we expect Debian 10 template inside control panel?

I admit, we are falling behind on adding/updating templates. There's unfortunately no ETA for that specific template.

uptime said: would imagine that it could be getting exercised a bit more than usual at the moment due to installation tasks from new instances, maybe even a few benchmarks (which are more or less pointless until the dust settles a bit, in my opinion).

This, and we do tend to get a higher concentration in Los Angeles due to the smaller packages being purchased there, mainly from Asia.

uptime said: One thing I'm curious about is why @VirMach does not enable the AES flag in the virtual CPU by default. I think this would serve to improve performance for anything involving LUKS disk encryption - and could reduce the load on the entire node in general. Not sure exactly what the downside of setting things up that way might be

We're discussing this internally, and this should be the case moving forward.

billionaire said: Can I switch the location later? @VirMach

No changes like that are usually processed for specials. They're meant to fill specific servers.

Thanked by 2sanvit uptime
  • duckeeyuckduckeeyuck Member
    edited September 2019

any ipv6?

• Possible to get upgrade on cpu/ram/disk?

• VirMach said: License included.

How do you use the included license, or is it not possible if OS was installed through ISO?

@duckeeyuck said:
    any ipv6?

doughnet said: Possible to get upgrade on cpu/ram/disk?

No, sorry.

@Unixfy said:

VirMach said: License included.

How do you use the included license, or is it not possible if OS was installed through ISO?

You have to use the provided template.

Thanked by 1Unixfy
  • @VirMach @Virmach_Matthew - Hey guys, just wanted to know whether these pricing are recurring annual pricing or just for first year?

So suppose I purchased 4B RAM plan with annual charge $36.00. So, will this price be locked for life and renewed at $36 every year or this discount is for the first year only?

Also, will I be able to upgrade and downgrade at the current offer pricing if I purchase any of these plans now?

Regards.

• @nanowhiz said:
    @VirMach @Virmach_Matthew - Hey guys, just wanted to know whether these pricing are recurring annual pricing or just for first year?

So suppose I purchased 4B RAM plan with annual charge $36.00. So, will this price be locked for life and renewed at $36 every year or this discount is for the first year only?

Also, will I be able to upgrade and downgrade at the current offer pricing if I purchase any of these plans now?

Regards.

It's recurring and iirc no up/downgrades available after purchase

nanowhiz said: Hey guys, just wanted to know whether these pricing are recurring annual pricing or just for first year?

It's recurring.

nanowhiz said: So suppose I purchased 4B RAM plan with annual charge $36.00. So, will this price be locked for life and renewed at $36 every year or this discount is for the first year only?

It would be for every year.

nanowhiz said: Also, will I be able to upgrade and downgrade at the current offer pricing if I purchase any of these plans now?

You cannot upgrade specials. If we do make an exception, it has to be to a non-special package so the discount pricing wouldn't carry over.

Thanked by 1bula
  • @VirMach
    Hello, will you upgrade OVZ6 to OVZ7 until EOF OVZ6?

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@ofit said:
    @VirMach

I have $4/year 384MB/20GB node on OVZ6. I don't feel safe to keep my Nextcloud there.

• @yoursunny said:

I have $4/year 384MB/20GB node on OVZ6. I don't feel safe to keep my Nextcloud there.

Will OVZ7 give you confidence in your $4/year VPS?

The question is whether I would get OVZ7, or I'm stuck with OVZ6.
    I opened a ticket to ask, but didn't get a good answer.

• @yoursunny said:

Last time I asked, the reply I got was this

Hi, we will be sending out emails later in the year regarding this. We have still not worked out the logistics.

Thanks,

Any update please @VirMach ?

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • I just signed up a 3GB plan, performance is good, but I noticed my IP has been blacklisted by dnsbl.spfbl.net, so can you please change a clean IP to me? I understand that this is no refundable but at least provide me a working IP. Thanks!

(BTW, should I create a ticket on this issue?)

• @tonywonghs said:
    I just signed up a 3GB plan, performance is good, but I noticed my IP has been blacklisted by dnsbl.spfbl.net, so can you please change a clean IP to me? I understand that this is no refundable but at least provide me a working IP. Thanks!

Yes, because they aren't clairvoyant.

Thanked by 2uptime maverickp
  • @donli said:

@tonywonghs said:
    I just signed up a 3GB plan, performance is good, but I noticed my IP has been blacklisted by dnsbl.spfbl.net, so can you please change a clean IP to me? I understand that this is no refundable but at least provide me a working IP. Thanks!

Yes, because they aren't clairvoyant.

Just to update here that ticket support has solved the issue, it is flagged as blacklisted IP at some IP blacklist checking site, but the detailed info of dnsbl.spfbl.net is "This IP has been flagged because it is dynamic or by suspect to be domestic use only. If you are running an email service on this IP, ask ISP to change the rDNS. The removal of this IP from this blacklist depends on change of rDNS to match the FQDN of the mail server.", so I think a proper setup of my website will solve this issue.

I really appreciate their service and support, used 2 VPS since 2015 and this is my 3rd one. Thanks!

Thanked by 3ITLabs uptime VirMach

@yoursunny said:

@sanvit said:

@yoursunny said:

Last time I asked, the reply I got was this

Hi, we will be sending out emails later in the year regarding this. We have still not worked out the logistics.

Thanks,

Any update please @VirMach ?

ofit said: @VirMach

We are trying to refrain from giving out much information until we are certain because we don't want the incorrect speculation on timelines and what would actually happen.

One thing I can tell you though is that anyone who is unsatisfied with the potential outcome will have an option to opt-out and receive a pro-rated refund (to payment method where available, or to credits otherwise) after electing for an immediate termination. So you shouldn't worry.

Right now we are considering beginning to migrate all VZs on a single older OpenVZ6 node to KVM to see if that's a feasible option on a large scale.

Thanked by 4ofit Foul saibal FrankZ
  • Today another provider moved from ovz6 to ovz7, only three minutes of downtime.

@yoursunny said:

We are trying to refrain from giving out much information until we are certain because we don't want the incorrect speculation on timelines and what would actually happen.

One thing I can tell you though is that anyone who is unsatisfied with the potential outcome will have an option to opt-out and receive a pro-rated refund (to payment method where available, or to credits otherwise) after electing for an immediate termination. So you shouldn't worry.

Right now we are considering beginning to migrate all VZs on a single older OpenVZ6 node to KVM to see if that's a feasible option on a large scale.

$4/year KVM would be gr🎱!
    I'll lose a bit of RAM to the kernel though.

I'll be willing to have my node erased and recreated blank (after I get 24-hour notice to backup files), since I'll reinstall to newer OS anyways.

• @VirMach said:

that anyone who is unsatisfied with the potential outcome

Uh oh.

Thanked by 1willie
  • @VirMach Do you > @yoursunny said:

@yoursunny said:

$4/year KVM would be gr🎱!
    I'll lose a bit of RAM to the kernel though.

I'll be willing to have my node erased and recreated blank (after I get 24-hour notice to backup files), since I'll reinstall to newer OS anyways.

don't think that price will be the same for KVM after converting OVZ to KVM but anyway will be good.

• but i'm prefer KVM than OVZ7

• Is it possible to install Windows 10 with my own license if I provide the ISO? Thanks!

• Which location near to Asia?

• @mrlongshen said:
    Which location near to Asia?

Seattle works best for me. LA and San Jose are also good.

Thanked by 2mrlongshen uptime
  • @andrew1995 said:

@mrlongshen said:
    Which location near to Asia?

Seattle works best for me. LA and San Jose are also good.

Ok thanks. Average seem same.

• v3ngv3ng Member, Patron Provider

4$/yr OpenVZ, did I miss something?