Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VirMach ★ RAID 10 SSD ★ From $7/YR - KVM ★ $23/YR - 2GB Windows ★ DDoS Protection & 10Gbps Available - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VirMach ★ RAID 10 SSD ★ From $7/YR - KVM ★ $23/YR - 2GB Windows ★ DDoS Protection & 10Gbps Available

Comments

• @cybertech said:
    Waiting for some LA bench :tongue:

Waiting for some LA 256mb stock :tongue:

Thanked by 1timelapse
  • For those with one core windows BF deals, having two cores makes a noticeable difference, IMO.

And didn't have to do 72 hour BF marathon waiting for similar deal. That being said, I'm sure I still will, haha.

Thanked by 2timelapse cybertech
  • @VirMach said:

@coreflux said:
    is that BYOL for windows OS ?

License included.

will you restock 256MB plan?

• ServerHunterServerHunter Member, Host Rep
    edited September 2019

As usual, you can use Server Hunter to get an instant notification when it's back in stock. :)

Here are the special offers: https://www.serverhunter.com/?search=39E-384-A40

Thanked by 3mijo uptime vyas11
  • Good but I'll wait for black Friday deals :)

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

@PhantomPain said:

@VirMach said:

@coreflux said:

License included.

They auto restock as people fail to check out, and as orders marked as fraud get cleared out. There may be a small increase every day for a few days.

TimboJones said: For those with one core windows BF deals, having two cores makes a noticeable difference, IMO.

We agree. We had some hesitation as we did not want to appear to upsell, but for now we've added an advisory on the SSD1G package (just not for this special.)

This was one of the main reasons we upgraded our SSD2G package a while ago. I think we're still one of the only providers that provide 2 cores with our 2GB package, specifically because of how much it improves the user experience.

Thanked by 3uptime skorous kp93
  • TimboJonesTimboJones Member
    edited September 2019

@VirMach said:

@PhantomPain said:

@VirMach said:

@coreflux said:

License included.

They auto restock as people fail to check out, and as orders marked as fraud get cleared out. There may be a small increase every day for a few days.

TimboJones said: For those with one core windows BF deals, having two cores makes a noticeable difference, IMO.

We agree. We had some hesitation as we did not want to appear to upsell, but for now we've added an advisory on the SSD1G package (just not for this special.)

This was one of the main reasons we upgraded our SSD2G package a while ago. I think we're still one of the only providers that provide 2 cores with our 2GB package, specifically because of how much it improves the user experience.

What are you talking about? Your 2GB plan is 1 core only. If you did, I'd buy.

Edit: oops, I see "SSD2G" is actually a different package, not one of the offers.

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

@TimboJones said:

@VirMach said:

@PhantomPain said:

@VirMach said:

@coreflux said:

License included.

What are you talking about? Your 2GB plan is 1 core only. If you did, I'd buy.

The standard, non-cheapo SSD2G package has 2 cores -- not these specials.

• active8active8 Member
    edited September 2019

Just grabbed 4 gb vps with win2016 on it, looks ok but after looking in task manager just saw the baby is running one 1 vCore instead of 2, send a ticket now.

EDIT: is fixed :)

• ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    CPU model            : QEMU Virtual CPU version (cpu64-rhel6)
    Number of cores      : 1
    CPU frequency        : 2499.998 MHz
    Total size of Disk   : 4.7 GB (0.9 GB Used)
    Total amount of Mem  : 245 MB (205 MB Used)
    Total amount of Swap : 255 MB (0 MB Used)
    System uptime        : 2 days, 12 hour 37 min
    Load average         : 0.02, 0.08, 0.06
    OS                   : Debian GNU/Linux 8
    Arch                 : i686 (32 Bit)
    Kernel               : 3.16.0-10-686-pae
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    I/O speed(1st run)   : 169 MB/s
    I/O speed(2nd run)   : 190 MB/s
    I/O speed(3rd run)   : 176 MB/s
    Average I/O speed    : 178.3 MB/s
    Node Name                       IPv4 address            Download Speed
    CacheFly                        205.234.175.175         42.2MB/s
    Linode, Tokyo2, JP              139.162.65.37           2.56MB/s
    Linode, Singapore, SG           139.162.23.4            1.98MB/s
    Linode, London, UK              176.58.107.39           2.38MB/s
    Linode, Frankfurt, DE           139.162.130.8           2.35MB/s
    Linode, Fremont, CA             50.116.14.9             18.6MB/s
    Softlayer, Dallas, TX           173.192.68.18           5.40MB/s
    Softlayer, Seattle, WA          67.228.112.250          8.82MB/s
    Softlayer, Frankfurt, DE        159.122.69.4            2.00MB/s
    Softlayer, Singapore, SG        119.81.28.170           1.46MB/s
    Softlayer, HongKong, CN         119.81.130.170          1.81MB/s

Bench.sh for the $7/year deal. Interesting amounts of potassium for small input of monies.

Thanked by 2bdl ITLabs
  • dahartigan said: Interesting amounts of potassium

I suspect there may be additional potassium waiting to be tapped at some point - via a ticket to enable AES flag on teh CPU (assuming it was not already set?)

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • @uptime said:

dahartigan said: Interesting amounts of potassium

I suspect there may be additional potassium waiting to be tapped at some point - via a ticket to enable AES flag on teh CPU (assuming it was not already set?)

I will definitely play around with this one day, I feel the old kernel could also be holding it back. Enabling passthrough has to help a lot I'd imagine. Tbh it's planned to idle for 12 months at this stage..

Thanked by 1uptime
  • Oh God, I'm late.. couldn't wait for the blackfriday offers from you guys

• @lowfatgeek said:
    Oh God, I'm late.. couldn't wait for the blackfriday offers from you guys

Everyone was late for the $7 deal, but the bigger packages are still available.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • I ended up getting a 4gb (LAX) and a 512mb at Dallas. This worked out great, I needed a new development server and a deployment monitoring server - this worked out just perfect!
    The LAX server is a bit lethargic at times, could be oversubscribed a bit but overall quite fine for my needs.

Looking forward to BF deals ;)

• Bought another 4gb batch, its a good deal.

Thanked by 2ITLabs uptime
  • I'm still short of 10 4GBs so here's another batch :smiley: I hope your site does not kick me from ordering.

• cazrz said: I'm still short of 10 4GBs so here's another batch I hope your site does not kick me from ordering.

I know it's cheap, but not that crazy. Do you have real use case for that ?

• @ben47955 said:

cazrz said: I'm still short of 10 4GBs so here's another batch I hope your site does not kick me from ordering.

Yes, we use more than 800 vps and more than 25 providers on 40 dc locations.

Thanked by 1easy
  • @cazrz said:
    I'm still short of 10 4GBs so here's another batch :smiley: I hope your site does not kick me from ordering.

Please leave some for the rest of us!

Thanked by 1ITLabs
  • Picked up a LA 4GB yesterday and it is soooo smooth :smile:

• @VirMach When can we expect Debian 10 template inside control panel?

• @cazrz said:

@ben47955 said:

cazrz said: I'm still short of 10 4GBs so here's another batch I hope your site does not kick me from ordering.

Yes, we use more than 800 vps and more than 25 providers on 40 dc locations.

May I ask you why you need that many VMs?

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited September 2019

cazrz said: its a good deal.

it seems pretty reasonably priced (not too crazy like that Black Friday stuff!)

my experience with @VirMach is that they are reliable and consistent - and even their normal pricing is a decent value. (To be sure, their promotions often set the bar for some next level crazy-making sales though.)

thestigenator said: LAX server is a bit lethargic at times, could be oversubscribed a bit but overall quite fine

would imagine that it could be getting exercised a bit more than usual at the moment due to installation tasks from new instances, maybe even a few benchmarks (which are more or less pointless until the dust settles a bit, in my opinion).

One thing I'm curious about is why @VirMach does not enable the AES flag in the virtual CPU by default. I think this would serve to improve performance for anything involving LUKS disk encryption - and could reduce the load on the entire node in general. Not sure exactly what the downside of setting things up that way might be ... (I understand that it may complicate migration of instances to another node, though I don't know if that's something that would come up very often.)

• uptime said: Not sure exactly what the downside of setting things up that way might be ... (I understand that it may complicate migration of instances to another node, though I don't know if that's something that would come up very often.)

Maybe SolusVM does not support that kind of setup?

Thanked by 1uptime
  • @Unixfy said:

uptime said: Not sure exactly what the downside of setting things up that way might be ... (I understand that it may complicate migration of instances to another node, though I don't know if that's something that would come up very often.)

Maybe SolusVM does not support that kind of setup?

You may refer to this thread.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • supertoonsupertoon Member
    edited September 2019

Just bought one but unfortunately the IP address is blocked in China.
    Cancellation requested but cannot find the "refund" option.
    Please take a look.
    Changing to a non-blocked IP address is also an acceptable solution.

• @supertoon said:
    Please take a look.

@VirMach said:

Refunds: No Refunds

iirc IP change is available for something like $5

• @supertoon said:
    Please take a look.

@sanvit said:

@supertoon said:
    Please take a look.

@VirMach said:

Refunds: No Refunds

iirc IP change is available for something like $5

As per their policy, first purchase is eligible for a refund, but I couldn't find a refund option.

• supertoon said: As per their policy, first purchase is eligible for a refund, but I couldn't find a refund option.

As per the offer description, No Refunds.