Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anti-Trump propaganda made me think that everyone is a racist/sexist - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anti-Trump propaganda made me think that everyone is a racist/sexist

2»

Comments

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited September 2019

I in Mexico and would be happy to work for 85% of what folks in the US or EU get paid. @randvegeta - PM me next time you are looking to hire :)

Thanked by 1randvegeta
  • randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

@FrankZ said:
    I in Mexico and would be happy to work for 85% of what folks in the US or EU get paid. @randvegeta - PM me next time you are looking to hire :)

Generally speaking, in software/dev/internet related jobs, I find the pay is pretty similar throughout the world.

You obviously get a premium if you have to work in an office in an expensive city, but by and large, a GOOD developer in Lithuania will make similar money to a good developer in the UK. The differences normally reflect only the basic cost of living, so overall the lifestyles tend to be pretty similar.

What are you good at?

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

lol

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

RedSox said: I wonder what if the seller/provider is a racist?

You don't have to worry about us.

The Newyorker has a write up about me because we wouldn't terminate some customer they didn't like. Now there is/was a picture of me at an old coworkers wedding with my arm near a piece of cake and it somehow made me racist or some shit.

I dunno, the cow got fired for bullshitting about a few other things and now literally works for a Soros shop.

Francisco

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

@Francisco said:

The Newyorker has a write up about me because we wouldn't terminate some customer they didn't like. Now there is/was a picture of me at an old coworkers wedding with my arm near a piece of cake and it somehow made me racist or some shit.

I dunno, the cow got fired for bullshitting about a few other things and now literally works for a Soros shop.

Francisco

Link?

• Ok. That was a little hilarious :
    https://www.thewrap.com/nyu-journalism-talia-lavin-new-yorker-fact-checker-false-ice-agent-nazi-tattoo/

I still think her hearts in the right place.
    The young and the restless have more energy than me.

• edited September 2019

@vimalware said:
    Ok. That was a little hilarious :
    https://www.thewrap.com/nyu-journalism-talia-lavin-new-yorker-fact-checker-false-ice-agent-nazi-tattoo/

I still think her hearts in the right place.
    The young and the restless have more energy than me.

Her heart is in the right place? What part of west coast are you from? What chapter of Antifa do you belong to?

Lets squad up man. I got my pussy hat and milkshake ready. Lets go bash some Nazi’s.

Obviously /s

• @randvegeta said:
    If I could hire minorities for less, I would. They don't exist. Anyone who's skilled and wants to work, are working.

Because in our line of work, there is no such as stupid people. They are educated people.

There are a lot of other Job that doesn't need education / high skill, and certainly the employee doesn't care if they got paid less. But hosting industry isn't one of them.

If you guys are saying why hosting biz doesn't get dominated by women / minorities, because most women and minorities doesn't have what it takes to be on the hosting biz.

Other biz? Not so much. Women / minorities often just says yes when they offered a job because, it's very hard for them to get a job at all, because of their lack education / skill. Even tough it's paid less than their colleagues for the same job. And you can see some jobs is filled by women/minorirites, but certainly not hosting biz.

Thanked by 1randvegeta
  • @t0ny0 said:
    You are buying hosting, you are starting a business relationship. What the host does in their own time, what they support and think about - that should be none of your business, same as its none of their business to care what you personally stand for.

You are mistaking a business relationship with a personal love affair.

I understand that you're right but it's really hard for me to start thinking this way

Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting
  • JohnMiller92JohnMiller92 Member
    edited September 2019

t0ny0 said: What the host does in their own time, what they support and think about - that should be none of your business

If it's posted publicly, I'm sure it will sway a potential client's decision. Obviously, it shouldn't since everyone has a right to their political beliefs.. but in today's day and age, I think it's best to be apolitical as possible (for a provider)

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

RedSox said: I understand that you're right but it's really hard for me to start thinking this way

That's because you root for the Red Sox, you subhuman pig.

• Francisco said: The Newyorker has a write up about me because we wouldn't terminate some customer they didn't like. Now there is/was a picture of me at an old coworkers wedding with my arm near a piece of cake and it somehow made me racist or some shit.

LOL is this true? Wtf

Look at the way the white frosting lays ON TOP OF THE BLACK CAKE, OPPRESSING IT!

Flat out KKK, that's what it is.

• @raindog308 said:

Look at the way the white frosting lays ON TOP OF THE BLACK CAKE, OPPRESSING IT!

Flat out KKK, that's what it is.

Wow. Never buying from BuyVM, sad!

Thanked by 2Francisco ITLabs

JohnMiller92 said: Wow. Never buying from BuyVM, sad!

Thanked by 1ITLabs
  • @Francisco said:

Francisco

I think it's because it makes you look like you came from the Godfather movies in that pic.

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@TimboJones said:

@Francisco said:

Francisco

I think it's because it makes you look like you came from the Godfather movies in that pic.

Well, yeah, I mean @raindog308 called me Don Dias.

Francisco

Francisco said: Well, yeah, I mean @raindog308 called me Don Dias.

• @Francisco said:

@TimboJones said:

Well, yeah, I mean @raindog308 called me Don Dias.

Francisco

@ITLabs raising the Photoshopping bar!

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited September 2019

randvegeta said: Pay based discrimination does not exist. At least in the west.

It's also illegal in EU anyway, you get paid the minimum set by the countries minimum wage or - if higher - union contracts which both do not separate by gender (and cannot either constitutional or by lack thereof EU laws).

That i get paid more due to experience or former employers does not form any 'discrimination' either as i heard a few times now from pretty dumb people.

• William said: It's also illegal in EU anyway,

It's also illegal in the United States under the Civil Rights Act of 1964 which outlaws discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.

Liberal Democrats (our left wing party) protested and filibustered the bill. The Democrat president at the time (Lyndon B. Johnson), an openly racist dick, said the Civil Rights Act would, "get them stupid n------'s votin' democrat for the next two hundred years". He also referred to the Civil Rights Act as the "n----- bill" in more than one private phone conversation with Senate colleagues.

But Trump's the racist 👌🤣 LOL 🤡🌎

• @GuyP said:

William said: It's also illegal in EU anyway,

It's also illegal in the United States under the Civil Rights Act of 1964 which outlaws discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.

Liberal Democrats (our left wing party) protested and filibustered the bill. The Democrat president at the time (Lyndon B. Johnson), an openly racist dick, said the Civil Rights Act would, "get them stupid n------'s votin' democrat for the next two hundred years". He also referred to the Civil Rights Act as the "n----- bill" in more than one private phone conversation with Senate colleagues.

But Trump's the racist 👌🤣 LOL 🤡🌎

Where would you get the idea there can only be one racist? You hurt your point and reiterated that Presidents to be racist.

• GuyPGuyP Member
    edited September 2019

TimboJones said: Where would you get the idea there can only be one racist?

I never said or suggested there can only be one racist. Not sure where you got that.

TimboJones said: You hurt your point and reiterated that Presidents to be racist.

I don't know what this means.

• TimboJones said: Where would you get the idea there can only be one racist?

Worse he's comparing against the world fifty years ago and to a person who, despite being from TEXAS in the early 1900's, signed the Civil Rights act and appointed the first African American supreme court justice. Somehow this proves Trump isn't a racist. How it does this is anybodies guess.

• skorous said: appointed the first African American supreme court justice.

Lol, yea upon appointing Thurgood Marshall to the Supreme Court he said, "Son, when I appoint a n----- to the court, I want everyone to know he’s a n-----."

He also said, "These n-----s, they’re getting pretty uppity these days and that’s a problem for us since they’ve got something now they never had before, the political pull to back up their uppityness."

The Democrats have a long history of racism. The first African American US Senator was a Republican, elected in 1870. The first African American Democrat Senator was elected in 1993. This notion that Trump and the Republicans are racist is fake news.

Under President Trump, the African American unemployment rate reached its lowest level ever recorded. Trump's prison reform bill, which rolls back Bill Clinton's crime bill that unfairly targeted African American's, will help ex-convicts rebuild their lives after their release from prison.

skorous said: Somehow this proves Trump isn't a racist. How it does this is anybodies guess.

I never said Lydon B. Johnson's remarks prove Trump isn't a racist. The image below proves he isn't a racist -- where's your proof he is a racist?

If President Trump is a racist, he sure sucks at it.

This discussion has been closed.