Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Error 522 on low and talk - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Error 522 on low and talk

Comments

• @WebGuru said:
    Time for CC to enable

Thanked by 2ITLabs TheLinuxBug
  • WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

LET need to migrate to different provider as currently for last 2-3 days just impossible to access as looking at the cloudflare error issue is with host.

• Realized these 2-3 days that can't live without LET, missing a lot of fans here.

@BunnySpeed - Time to be gold sponsor of LET.

Too many providers here.. time to step forward to sponsor for better days > @Hetzner_OL @OVH_APAC @OVH_Matt @Francisco (many more.. )

Thanked by 1ITLabs
  • @WebGuru said:
    Time for CC to enable Cloudflare's Captcha based verification to avoid these layer 7 attacks on LET because these cookie based browser checks to detect human visitors are so useless and can be bypassed easily.

I hope you're kidding, the JS check is pretty annoying already!

• @479555 said:

@WebGuru said:
    Time for CC to enable Cloudflare's Captcha based verification to avoid these layer 7 attacks on LET because these cookie based browser checks to detect human visitors are so useless and can be bypassed easily.

I hope you're kidding, the JS check is pretty annoying already!

Not really if you make it check for once in a month or year. That's enough no need to check it for every visit.

• Low End Talk was down for me for more than 24 hours!
    Seems they don't use pro/business plan on cloudflare?? Why is it down because of DDoS?
    But LEB was online!

• I missed you too my Low&Talk fellows

• MrEdMrEd Member

@beagle said:

@MrEd said:
    I remember someone promissing changes to LET :smile:

No one said it would change for the better. :smile:

My sentance had some irony :)

Thanked by 1ITLabs
  • FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire
  • SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep

Cloudflare is not typically ideal for DDoS protection.

Anyway maybe some CC staff will look at it on Monday.

• Well CC got to know that how LET works is for all of us an example how their ddos protection works + cloudflare ....

Thanked by 1bikegremlin
  • SplitIce said: maybe some CC staff will look at it on Monday

Monday is a holiday ("Labor Day") in the USA, for whatever that's worth.

Well, maybe someone will have some extra spare time then.

• ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep
    edited September 2019

Maybe LET becomes a Summer Host..:P

Edited: It's down for more that 48hrs for me

• ITLabsITLabs Member
    edited September 2019

@uptime said:

SplitIce said: maybe some CC staff will look at it on Monday

Monday is a holiday ("Labor Day") in the USA, for whatever that's worth.

Well, maybe someone will have some extra spare time then.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

LET is unusable.

The last several days have been so productive for me.

• i have the same problem from like 3 days, i have to refresh 100 times a 522 cloudflare error page to enter in LET.

• i think my internet connection has been hacked. i face it from 2days.

• angeliusangelius Member
    edited September 2019

It seems LET is hosted by Cociu now ... Or attacked by the same peoples.

It happend few weeks ago and I remember an admin saying it was a 20mb/s layer 7 attack.

If it's still the case I can help to solve this in 1h for free with few good rules in haproxy in front of your backend :)

• LowSlowEndTalk.com

• The show goes on

• @Cociu is LET official sponsor hoster now. Long live hostsolutions.ro

• GravelyGravely Member
    edited September 2019

SSL Handshake errors + Cloudflare multi check loops = LowTheEndisNearTalk.com

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • This is like finding out your nutritionist eats worse than you or your house cleaners house is way dirtier than your own place. Or the guys who make your backup software don't take backups themselves.

Thanked by 1Janevski
  • OVH_APACOVH_APAC Member, Patron Provider

@mrclown said:
    Realized these 2-3 days that can't live without LET, missing a lot of fans here.

@BunnySpeed - Time to be gold sponsor of LET.

Too many providers here.. time to step forward to sponsor for better days > @Hetzner_OL @OVH_APAC @OVH_Matt @Francisco (many more.. )

Hello @mrclown, I would be happy to assist the LET community if I can (-; Not sure LET is looking for any sponsoring though, but if they do they can get in touch with me to discuss.

• Time to go #BACKTOSCHOOL

• Sorted. :sunglasses:

• h2o said: Sorted.

Don't count on it, more then likely the person doing it either 1. Ran out of money to keep it going, or 2. decided to let it go for now. It will happen again just a matter of time until it does.

• I don't think Cloudflare is even properly setup.
    Crimeflare.org:82/cfs.html reports being able to bypass cloudflare and shows backend IP as A direct-connect IP address was found: lowendtalk.com 23.94.150.196 UNITED STATES
    Kinda silly a hosting forum run by a large hosting company can't keep it online? Weird...

Thanked by 1Egyarmy
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker
    edited September 2019

You losers!

A 522? How poor. That's the cheap error message. I got a 15-something (4 digits) telling me for about half a day that I'm temporarily banned for making too many connections, which btw. was nonsensical because I just occasionally (mostly once every couple of hours) tried to connect Maybe my "crime" was that I tried to open some (3 or so) threads when I happened to be lucky enough to reach the home page.

But don't you worry. The problem was resolved quickly (like within 4 days ...)

Thanked by 2AuroraZ MichaelCee