Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wanted: UK dedi, any spec, approx £15/month - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Wanted: UK dedi, any spec, approx £15/month

2»

Comments

• angstromangstrom Moderator
    edited August 2019

@Clouvider are premium, they don't race to the bottom

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@angstrom said:
    @Clouvider are premium, they don't race to the bottom

And this time I’m all about the bottom.

• Nekki said: And this time I’m all about the bottom

I'm just wondering is this POSSIBLE AT ALL?

What would EMMA do?

I remember the Atoms and the Vortex and we all know how that went...

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited August 2019

@simonindia said:

@Neoon said:

@simonindia said:
    Simply hosting has some with 6 month offer price just open a ticket and ask for deal.

£7.50/month for an E3 with 4GB ram and 1TB HDD with 5TB BW (Price is for 6 months after that it is £30/month)

https://www.simplyhosting.com/servers/dedicated-servers

Well, the company is linked to Dada Group, which is based in Italy and they are known for fraud like stuff.

Oh, I didn't know. Got it from Metadedi can you remove it from there ?

So far when I ordered, everything was fine, no fraud anywhere.
    If I see any signs of fraud, of course but thats old/non validated claims in my view.

Could be thats just the dada group or/and also their subsidiaries.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

nullnothere said: I'm just wondering is this POSSIBLE AT ALL?

I have found somewhere that allegedly sells at this price point, but no stock.

So far, the lowest price I've found (in stock) from a company that's been around for a while is £25exVAT from RackSrv and EasySpace.

• edited August 2019

@Nekki said:

nullnothere said: I'm just wondering is this POSSIBLE AT ALL?

I have found somewhere that allegedly sells at this price point, but no stock.

So far, the lowest price I've found (in stock) from a company that's been around for a while is £25exVAT from RackSrv and EasySpace.

There's an atom at £20 from a company that say they've been around in their current form since 2015: https://www.jolt.co.uk/dedicated-servers/

Haven't used them though, been tempted for a while but never quite got around to trying them. Posted a thread to ask for feedback a few weeks back, but didn't get any first hand experience.

Thanked by 1Nekki
  • NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited August 2019

@YellowHummingbird said:

There's an atom at £20 from a company that say they've been around in their current form since 2015: https://www.jolt.co.uk/dedicated-servers/

Haven't used them though, been tempted for a while but never quite got around to trying them. Posted a thread to ask for feedback a few weeks back, but didn't get any first hand experience.

For £20 I might give it a shot, cheers.

EDIT: 3 months upfront, perhaps not.

Thanked by 1YellowHummingbird
  • HxxxHxxx Member

You are a hard man to please bbbbbbbroooother.

• @nullnothere said:

What would EMMA do?

• edited August 2019

@Nekki said:

@YellowHummingbird said:

For £20 I might give it a shot, cheers.

EDIT: 3 months upfront, perhaps not.

Ooh didn't realise it was 3 months upfront. I was planning on trying them myself soon, not a fan of that strategy though, especially if it's not made obvious.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Looks like @onepound used to £15 dedis a few years back, but they're long since gone :-/

• Somebody mentioned tea?

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@Mic-hael said:
    Somebody mentioned tea?

Tea-bagging.

Thanked by 1MichaelCee
  • AmitzAmitz Member
    edited August 2019

@Nekki said:

@Mic-hael said:
    Somebody mentioned tea?

Tea-bagging.

Thanked by 3ITLabs Nekki MichaelCee
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

Well this didn’t bear quite as much fruit as I’d hoped, although on the other hand now I know about the RasPi hosting with Mythic Beasts which is quite nifty.

I shall have to venture further afield into the Eurozone, where the power is cheap and the offers are plentiful.

Thanked by 1ITLabs
  • @Nekki said:
    Well this didn’t bear quite as much fruit as I’d hoped, although on the other hand now I know about the RasPi hosting with Mythic Beasts which is quite nifty.

I shall have to venture further afield into the Eurozone, where the power is cheap and the offers are plentiful.

Welcome to EU offers :D So cheap here^^ You'll surely find smth :)

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@Ympker said:

@Nekki said:

The trick there is to find something in a location I don’t already have...

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @Nekki said:

@Ympker said:

@Nekki said:

worldstream reste-rampe?

https://www.worldstream.nl/en/dedicated/special/order/Dynamic?id=13775

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@Falzo said:

@Nekki said:

@Ympker said:

@Nekki said:

worldstream reste-rampe?

https://www.worldstream.nl/en/dedicated/special/order/Dynamic?id=13775

Worldstream is actually decent, I had a Celeron a while back, good network.

• @Nekki said:

@Ympker said:

@Nekki said:

Are you building a vpn network or why it needs to be a different location? Or just don't want to have all data at same provider(s)?

• NekkiNekki Veteran

That’s actually quite dapper. The problem is length of contract, but the three month option seems to land the right mix of price-per-month and commitment.

@Ympker said:

Are you building a vpn network or why it needs to be a different location? Or just don't want to have all data at same provider(s)?

The VPN network is already in place, just looking for a little redundancy in my locations and for my own amusement.

Thanked by 1Ympker