Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[RamNode] Limited Time Promo: Get an Extra 50% Cloud Credit! - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[RamNode] Limited Time Promo: Get an Extra 50% Cloud Credit!

Comments

• @FlamesRunner said:
    @timothy_vyder

Looks like a Solus exploit. How does that have anything to do with it being run by one person?

What will you do when he gets in a car accident and can't answer tickets or maintain servers? It screams unreliable, unprofessional, and disaster.

He also doesn't seem to know what he was doing, and is scary from a security standpoint. We (2x4.ru) never have been hacked for a good reason... it's not a side hobby by some dude. A real business doesn't have these issues ramnode has.

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire
    edited August 2019

@timothy_vyder said:
    We (2x4.ru) never have been hacked for a good reason...

You will be surprised by the pros out there. Never say never. There's no perfect security.

I am not sure if you are a competitor or shilling your business, RamNode is definitely one of the more professional hosts among LET.

Are you telling me that Yahoo, eBay or Linkedin is not a serious business, due to data breach?

Thanked by 4Nick_A Ouji grep ITLabs
  • RamNode is certainly no longer a one man show; hasn't been for many years. That Solus exploit was 6 years ago; it was Solus' fault, not Nick's, and everyone agrees Solus is unsupported trash anyway. One more reason to applaud them moving to OpenStack / Fleio.

Thanked by 2Nick_A MichaelCee
  • Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

timothy_vyder said: He also doesn't seem to know what he was doing, and is scary from a security standpoint. We (2x4.ru) never have been hacked for a good reason... it's not a side hobby by some dude. A real business doesn't have these issues ramnode has.

Hi, welcome to LET random person who just joined today. It's 2019 in case you forgot how to tell time in your eagerness to attack other providers while shamelessly promoting your own company.

• vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited August 2019

deleted by self.
    @FAT32 has answered adequately

Thanked by 2Nick_A FAT32
  • XeiXei Member

If I had a vps running at ramnode when they got hit and it's still using their generated password... does that mean my vps may have been compromised during the past six years?

• @Nick_A said:

timothy_vyder said: He also doesn't seem to know what he was doing, and is scary from a security standpoint. We (2x4.ru) never have been hacked for a good reason... it's not a side hobby by some dude. A real business doesn't have these issues ramnode has.

Hi, welcome to LET random person who just joined today. It's 2019 in case you forgot how to tell time in your eagerness to attack other providers while shamelessly promoting your own company.

Sorry I hurt your feelings. Just kidding, grow up and be a man. My point stands and I will never use or recommend ramnode for anything that is important.

As far as I am concerned, it is just as reliable as a summer host: you never know when it will go away.

• @Xei said:
    If I had a vps running at ramnode when they got hit and it's still using their generated password... does that mean my vps may have been compromised during the past six years?

Yes. This is why you don't use companies that are a one man show.

• FlamesRunnerFlamesRunner Member
    edited August 2019

@timothy_vyder said:

@Xei said:

You've certainly shown one thing today -- you should never use a company that employs representatives that make it a point to crap on other providers. It makes them look unprofessional and frankly desperate to potential clients.

Thanked by 2ITLabs LowMan
  • @FlamesRunner said:

@timothy_vyder said:

@Xei said:

You've certainly shown one thing today -- you should never use a company that employs representatives that make it a point to crap on other providers.

I understand it is easy to stay in denial, when you spend so much money at one company. One day when ramnode goes out of business you understand.

• @timothy_vyder said:

@FlamesRunner said:

@timothy_vyder said:

@Xei said:

You've certainly shown one thing today -- you should never use a company that employs representatives that make it a point to crap on other providers.

I understand it is easy to stay in denial, when you spend so much money at one company. One day when ramnode goes out of business you understand.

Good luck with your provider banned tag.

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • @naing said:

@timothy_vyder said:

@FlamesRunner said:

@timothy_vyder said:

@Xei said:

People who speak truth, often are crucified.

• @timothy_vyder said:

@naing said:

@timothy_vyder said:

@FlamesRunner said:

@timothy_vyder said:

@Xei said:

More often are people who speak evil.

• @naing said:

@timothy_vyder said:

@naing said:

@timothy_vyder said:

@FlamesRunner said:

@timothy_vyder said:

@Xei said:

More often are people who speak evil.

No.

timothy_vyder said: Sorry I hurt your feelings.

lol you seem nice.

• grepgrep Member

@timothy_vyder said:

We never have been hacked

Ahahaha if only this were the first time I've seen (larger) companies utter the same last words.

I know what company I'm staying away from for a while.

• @grep said:

@timothy_vyder said:

We never have been hacked

Ahahaha if only this were the first time I've seen (larger) companies utter the same last words.

I know what company I'm staying away from for a while.

Smart move, staying from ramnode.

• FlamesRunnerFlamesRunner Member
    edited August 2019

@timothy_vyder said:
    No.

Someone seems butthurt. As a wise man eloquently said:

@timothy_vyder said:
    Sorry I hurt your feelings. Just kidding.

• @FlamesRunner said:

@timothy_vyder said:
    No.

Someone seems butthurt. As someone eloquently said:

@timothy_vyder said:
    Sorry I hurt your feelings. Just kidding.

I speak truth as Muhammed tell me too.

Is this what kids do for fun on Friday nights now?

• @Nick_A said:

You should redeem your self for your sin.

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@timothy_vyder said:

@Nick_A said:

You should redeem your self for your sin.

Congratulations! You earned yourself a free ban.

• grepgrep Member

@timothy_vyder said:

Smart move, staying from ramnode.

I meant the one named after what they probably built their racks out of.

I hope your idea of competition does not reflect how you view security. Because if you think you're doing anything other than consistently bumping Nick's thread, I feel sorry for you.

Thanked by 2Nick_A FlamesRunner

grep said: other than consistently bumping Nick's thread

hey don't stop him...

Thanked by 1MichaelCee
  • fpmagicfpmagic Member
    edited August 2019

Javascript of the year goes to 2x4.ru...

eval("document.editor." + thetag + ".value += '*'");

• grepgrep Member

@Nick_A said:

hey don't stop him...

Lol @FAT32 beat me to it. Besides people like him will do whatever they can to prove they're not as daft as they consistently prove to be.

ANYWAY.

I was actually going to share my experience before the security expert started blabbing about things from 6 yrs ago...

I was a bit hesitant because of the pay model for this deal BUT after using their service, the price for what you pay is damn good. Their cloud panel is VERY well done and their install options are vast and up-to-date. I have yet to see any host with a cloud panel that works so well on mobile devices (SERIOUSLY). Performance is exceptional (especially when compared to similar offers) I only wish I could have put in more to get back from the 50% added. But tbh not that big of a deal because what you get for what you pay even without the deal is totally worth it.

Thanked by 2Nick_A fleio

Thank you @grep! I'm sure we'll do another one like it - probably black friday or something.

Thanked by 3vyas11 grep JerryHou
  • vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited August 2019

100 99 days to go (96 to BF, 99 to CM actually).
    Time to start “save a dollar a day campaign” for self.

Thanked by 2Nick_A vimalware
  • Well, I do really like RN even being in rage mode everytime. :wink:

Nobody could be protected against 0 day exploit on public services. Important thing is how RN handled everything and they did it well!

Also don't forget that RN was hacked by Robert Clarke who was a LET member (not sure if he is still active again). Instead of informing directly testing up exploit to ruin business doesn't sound well.

Thanked by 3grep gonaif Nick_A
  • Is it possible to sign up/add credits for service, run all my benchmarks, then add additional credits for promo?

Basically add initial credit of $10, use the service, if service works for me, add additional credits + 50% promo?

Thanked by 1PieHasBeenEaten